Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    typical bull "victory" that Trash and his mafiya will LIE about.

$20B that Americans paid for Trash's tariffs, who pays that back?

bankrupt farmers?

70K solar jobs lost?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China knows that entering a trade deal will inevitably include the inability to manipulate their currency, so they won’t be making any deals until at least the next election. Notice how the current patch work don’t penalize them at all for their last round of manipulation, despite being called out for it.

This is the flaw of having a unipersonal trade policy vs a national strategy. People inevitably come and go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China knows that entering a trade deal will inevitably include the inability to manipulate their currency, so they won’t be making any deals until at least the next election. Notice how the current patch work don’t penalize them at all for their last round of manipulation, despite being called out for it.

This is the flaw of having a unipersonal trade policy vs a national strategy. People inevitably come and go.
    China is waiting out Trump. They tend to take the long view in a lot of cases.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRUMP’S “PHASE ONE” TRADE DEAL LEAVES CHINA WITH MASSIVE ADVANTAGE

One of the key reasons Trump launched his trade war has yet to be resolved.

President Trump’s trade deal with Beijing

leaves untouched the marriage of business and government known as China Inc.

that American executives for nearly two decades have said tilted global markets against them.

White House officials have acknowledged that some key issues remain unresolved.

Lighthizer has said

“a lot of hard things” have been left to future talks,

which most analysts say will be arduous and unlikely to bear fruit before the November election.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/12/donald-trump-phase-one-china-deal?utm_source=nl&utm_brand=vf&utm_mailing=VF_Hiv e_010220&utm_medium=email&bxid=5bd6795524c17c10480 22fcc&cndid=43758549&hasha=992d608214b505003aa04bf 10a595031&hashb=542eb31d958e85ddd5a4c3ccf3faae1852 6a77bd&hashc=54b3612ab970ce13a64a16665b1987080ca5b 72e2ee762b722fbba6ab378f2f5&esrc=bounceX&utm_campa ign=VF_Hive_010220&utm_term=VYF_Hive

I'm sure China wants Trash gone, and will not give him any sickening WINS before Nov 2020.

iow, Trash Phase One is total bull , a huge turd fed to his cult mob who will eat anything he says as Bible "truth"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China also knows that there's a possibility that Trump will not be around in December 2020. If that happens, the US returns to business as usual and China's current options are likely off the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China also knows that there's a possibility that Trump will not be around in December 2020. If that happens, the US returns to business as usual and China's current options are likely off the table.
    That's what RG and El Nono just said.

Lol sloppy seconds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol sloppy seconds.
    No, RG says they are waiting out Trump. El says they are waiting for the next election.

The sloppy seconds was your asshole.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, RG says they are waiting out Trump. El says they are waiting for the next election.

The sloppy seconds was your asshole.
    You're gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol hairsplitting

lol erotic tuff guy fantasies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wine related, a 100% tariff on some European wines and sparkling wines will go into effect on January 15.

There's an embedded link @ the link if you'd like to give the US trade rep a piece of your mind.

Seems silly to emphasize, but many Trumpistas are unclear on the concept. US tariffs are collected from US companies in the biz, and ultimately by US consumers, who will now be looking at a price tag 100% bigger for the covered products.

The Fine Wine Alliance in the US estimates that if the 100% tariff is implemented, likely losses would be more than $2 billion in revenue and 10,000 jobs – in America. Seems a strange way to try to make Europe suffer...
    https://www.jancisrobinson.com/artic...ropean-imports

https://www.regulations.gov/do ent...2019-0003-2518

Deets on the tariff:

https://ustr.gov/search?q=Wine+tariff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol hairsplitting

lol erotic tuff guy fantasies
    Bend over, I'll split your in' hair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wine related, a 100% tariff on some European wines and sparkling wines will go into effect on January 15.

There's an embedded link @ the link if you'd like to give the US trade rep a piece of your mind.

Seems silly to emphasize, but many Trumpistas are unclear on the concept. US tariffs are collected from US companies in the biz, and ultimately by US consumers, who will now be looking at a price tag 100% bigger for the covered products.

https://www.jancisrobinson.com/artic...ropean-imports

https://www.regulations.gov/do ent...2019-0003-2518

Deets on the tariff:

https://ustr.gov/search?q=Wine+tariff
    Is Thunderbird or Maddog affected?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll split your in' hair.
    You only wish.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    US Trade Deficit Hits 3-Year Low: ‘Trump’s China Hard Line Is Working,’ Expert Says

The United States’ November 2019 trade deficit fell to its lowest point in more than three years, suggesting the Trump administration’s agenda to recalibrate international flows of goods and services is having an impact.

The trade deficit fell 8.2 percent to $43.1 billion, the lowest since October 2016, the Commerce Department said on Jan. 7

“As of this morning’s figures, the total U.S. trade deficit is heading for its first year-over-year decline since 2013, when U.S. growth was a good deal lower than what’s likely for this year,” trade expert Alan Tonelson told The Epoch Times.

The goods trade deficit with China, the focus of the White House’s “America First” agenda, decreased 15.7 percent to $26.4 billion, with imports decreasing 9.2 percent and exports increasing by 13.7 percent.

Tonelson argued that the trade figures, which pertain to November flows of goods and services, “show that Trump’s China hard line is working.” He urged the administration to maintain its pressure in the trade dispute and take further steps to decouple the two countries’ economies.

“Decoupling the U.S. economy from China’s is crucial for U.S. prosperity because the pre-Trump policy of expanding trade and commerce with the People’s Republic has been such a net loser for the American economy,” Tonelson said.

“And it’s crucial for U.S. national security because the pre-Trump policies recklessly transferred so much in the way of resources and defense-related technology to an increasingly hostile and aggressive China.”

The Commerce Department figures also show that the goods trade gap with the European Union fell 20.2 percent to $13.1 billion.

Though Washington and Beijing in December hammered out a “phase one” trade deal, uncertainty remains about the details of the agreement. Trump wrote on Twitter on Dec. 31, 2019, that the partial deal would be signed on Jan. 15 at the White House.

While the 18-month-long U.S.–China trade war is widely reported as having dampened business investment, the new Commerce Department figures show a slight rise in capital expenditures.

“Thanks to the new November final numbers, U.S. core capex turned positive again year-over-year,” Tonelson said. “The increase is just 0.4 percent, but the monthly improvement was the second straight and the eighth this year, despite all the trade war uncertainty caterwauling.”

U.S. financial markets were little moved by the decline in the trade deficit, which was flagged in an advance report published on Dec. 30, 2019.

Trump has made reducing the trade deficit a major priority of his administration.

Economists expect trade will add at least 1.5 percentage points to GDP growth in the fourth quarter after being a drag for two straight quarters.

The Atlanta Federal Reserve is forecasting GDP increasing at a 2.3 percent annualized rate in the fourth quarter. The economy grew at a 2.1 percent pace in the third quarter.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/us-trade...mpression=true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US Trade Deficit Hits 3-Year Low: ‘Trump’s China Hard Line Is Working,’ Expert Says

The United States’ November 2019 trade deficit fell to its lowest point in more than three years, suggesting the Trump administration’s agenda to recalibrate international flows of goods and services is having an impact.

The trade deficit fell 8.2 percent to $43.1 billion, the lowest since October 2016, the Commerce Department said on Jan. 7

“As of this morning’s figures, the total U.S. trade deficit is heading for its first year-over-year decline since 2013, when U.S. growth was a good deal lower than what’s likely for this year,” trade expert Alan Tonelson told The Epoch Times.

The goods trade deficit with China, the focus of the White House’s “America First” agenda, decreased 15.7 percent to $26.4 billion, with imports decreasing 9.2 percent and exports increasing by 13.7 percent.

Tonelson argued that the trade figures, which pertain to November flows of goods and services, “show that Trump’s China hard line is working.” He urged the administration to maintain its pressure in the trade dispute and take further steps to decouple the two countries’ economies.

“Decoupling the U.S. economy from China’s is crucial for U.S. prosperity because the pre-Trump policy of expanding trade and commerce with the People’s Republic has been such a net loser for the American economy,” Tonelson said.

“And it’s crucial for U.S. national security because the pre-Trump policies recklessly transferred so much in the way of resources and defense-related technology to an increasingly hostile and aggressive China.”

The Commerce Department figures also show that the goods trade gap with the European Union fell 20.2 percent to $13.1 billion.

Though Washington and Beijing in December hammered out a “phase one” trade deal, uncertainty remains about the details of the agreement. Trump wrote on Twitter on Dec. 31, 2019, that the partial deal would be signed on Jan. 15 at the White House.

While the 18-month-long U.S.–China trade war is widely reported as having dampened business investment, the new Commerce Department figures show a slight rise in capital expenditures.

“Thanks to the new November final numbers, U.S. core capex turned positive again year-over-year,” Tonelson said. “The increase is just 0.4 percent, but the monthly improvement was the second straight and the eighth this year, despite all the trade war uncertainty caterwauling.”

U.S. financial markets were little moved by the decline in the trade deficit, which was flagged in an advance report published on Dec. 30, 2019.

Trump has made reducing the trade deficit a major priority of his administration.

Economists expect trade will add at least 1.5 percentage points to GDP growth in the fourth quarter after being a drag for two straight quarters.

The Atlanta Federal Reserve is forecasting GDP increasing at a 2.3 percent annualized rate in the fourth quarter. The economy grew at a 2.1 percent pace in the third quarter.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/us-trade...mpression=true
    Meh. Tax imports, you get less of them. This is not difficult.

Raise taxes on the middle class to pay for this spectacular achievement, right after massive budget busting cuts for the wealthy.

smh.

Keep clapping, useful idiot.

Confirmed: American businesses and consumers are paying 'approximately 100%' of Trump tariff costs
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 01-09-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's bull trade war has cost Americans about $20B and cost 300K jobs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol sloppy seconds.
    No Take McGurk strikes again. "it might rain, but then again, it might not".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's bull trade war has cost Americans about $20B and cost 300K jobs.
    American consumers and businesses paid at least $42 billion for the tariffs as of October 2019, according to an analysis from Tariffs Hurt the Heartland (THH). In October 2019, the trade war cost an additional $7.2 billion through tariffs, an $1 billion increase from October 2018.
    https://news.yahoo.com/trump-tariffs...163409804.html

20 is a bit on the low end. Not sure about the quoted think tank, but it is likely a fair amount higher than that from the majority of serious reporting I have been reading.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://news.yahoo.com/trump-tariffs...163409804.html

20 is a bit on the low end. Not sure about the quoted think tank, but it is likely a fair amount higher than that from the majority of serious reporting I have been reading.
    businesses and consumers pay the "tarif tax" straight to the govt, yet still the budget deficit is exploding.

And Trash still thinks China pays the tariffs, and therefore so does his cult mob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    businesses and consumers pay the "tarif tax" straight to the govt, yet still the budget deficit is exploding.

And Trash still thinks China pays the tariffs, and therefore so does his cult mob.
    Dude, you are assuming stupidty (doesn't know), without ruling out evil (knows but doesn't care he is lying).

Pretty sure the latter is more accurate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, you are assuming stupidty (doesn't know), without ruling out evil (knows but doesn't care he is lying).

Pretty sure the latter is more accurate.
    I don't assume. I know, from 4? years of Trash, that is he stupid (illiterate, uneducated, unread, incurious), ignorant, and evil.

Fils pourri par excellence but of course, he racist, predatory, slum lord father was pere pourri

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought your side wanted businesses to pay more taxes
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/m...trillions.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought your side wanted businesses to pay more taxes
    Not really all that bothered about corporations paying more taxes, if it is offset by tax cuts on the middle class. It isn't.

Is it ok with you that Golfer in Chief is lying about who is really paying for it?

Thread Information