6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great decision by Lonnie Walker IV to not pass it to Mills wide open under the basket, tbh.
    I saw that. He saw Wombat and knew not to pass it to him. Great decision making.
    1. Spurs down 1 with seven seconds less. IV gets the outlet and sees Mills leaking out. But the angle / speed he took was sh** (not to mention he's a midget); so IV doesn't pass it to Mills, who would've just got blocked by a trailer or took it out to the arc or hit a player on the arc negating the fast break. Instead, IV composedly drives to the basket and passes to Derozan once the defender steps up. DeRozan fouled for the winning FTs.

2. Ref takes Forbes out of the game for us with 48 seconds left. We had to relinquish the lead; but ultimately a great play for us!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big sigh of relief when I saw Murray come into the game, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop only makes the right subs when he's forced to.

Also, why was Mills on the floor for the final defensive play? Why not have Carroll in there when all you need is a stop to win? Or just...anyone taller than Mills?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're leaving out that deep 3 that Lonnie made with 11 seconds left, and you shouldn't. He made one just before that, that finally made it look like the Spurs had real life. But it all would have been for nothing without that last one. He knew the team needed it, and he raised up and nailed it. That shot reminded me of some of the players we used to watch in SA.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're leaving out that deep 3 that Lonnie made with 11 seconds left, and you shouldn't. He made one just before that, that finally made it look like the Spurs had real life. But it all would have been for nothing without that last one. He knew the team needed it, and he raised up and nailed it. That shot reminded me of some of the players we used to watch in SA.
    He took that shot even knowing he'd have to hear so much from Pop if he missed it. But it was supreme confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He took that shot even knowing he'd have to hear so much from Pop if he missed it. But it was supreme confidence.

You could see there was never a doubt he was going to do what had to be done.

And Ace with the goods on Poeltl below. Some of those blocks at the end were must-have. The Spurs were down 113-104 with just over 2 minutes left. Too many of the veterans would have packed it in.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You could see there was never a doubt he was going to do what had to be done.

And Ace with the goods on Poeltl below. Some of those blocks at the end were must-have. The Spurs were down 113-104 with just over 2 minutes left. Too many of the veterans would have packed it in.
    Would be interesting to see Harden's end of game percentages. It's got to be Kobe bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That shot attempt & make gave me a little hope for the team's future. Not a fluke offensive outburst from LMA or a made 3 pointer from DeMar...not a near triple double from Murray or a decent game from White....Walker's aggressive play and winning at ude did it. That's what the team's been missing. Someone to go out there and play with urgency and fearlessness. Someone who at least thinks they are the best player on the floor.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was more impressed with those corner 3's because he purposely went to the corner to take those shots...

Could have shot those from anywhere but the guy who is to young and isnt compe ive enough hunted down the 3rd most efficient shot in basketball and knocked them down in high pressure situations...twice

Demar hasn't done it once all year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn’t believe that pull up . He didn’t even hesitate - you’d think that was the play called. But it was effortless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was more impressed with those corner 3's because he purposely went to the corner to take those shots...

Could have shot those from anywhere but the guy who is to young and isnt compe ive enough hunted down the 3rd most efficient shot in basketball and knocked them down in high pressure situations...twice

If Lonnie can sustain a similar level of offensive tone (obviously not expecting 25ppg from him), then DeRozan becomes absolutely expendable, more so than he already is. Lonnie's revelation comes at a perfect time tbh, with the trade deadline approaching and DeMar still playing at a high level, which ups his value. Let's see Wright make some more phone calls, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shows the lack of Spurs D the last few years when the last Spurs player with 14 blocks in 4 games was Tim Duncan at the age of 82.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shows the lack of Spurs D the last few years when the last Spurs player with 14 blocks in 4 games was Tim Duncan at the age of 82.
    Thought the same thing. Though I was thinking it was more complimentary of Tim than disparaging to everyone else. Tim was a perennial DPoY candidate even in his last years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The only bright spot from the Nephew trade. Love this kid.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Technically, Demar has done it once this season. More than that if you count the threes he missed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh, that Radoslav. Best FA acquisition by Pop, ever. All it took was a dinner in Slovenia.

Thread Information