My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some comments from non spurs fans around the the internet about loonie walker breakout game

" Wow, Spurs truly develop the best player. I watched him a couple weeks ago and he look scared but this is why Greg Popovich is the best coach of all time. Game in and game out, he puts his players in a great position to perform"

" Watching him in College, i thought he would be a 40ish player in the league at best but it looks like Greg popovich molded another star"

" The Spurs are truly the best destination for young players"

" I've never seen a coach develop players as good as pop. Lonnie is a testement to what coaching can do"

Notice how no one even gave loonie props.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's been severely limited by Pop. This er wouldn't even run plays for a white-hot Walker in overtime, which nearly cost us the game.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's been severely limited by Pop. This er wouldn't even run plays for a white-hot Walker in overtime, which nearly cost us the game.
    Sean Elliot was calling him out, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm telling you man. it's so frustrating.

Watch the narrative tomorrow. Spurs develop players blah blah blah on espn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake edgelord scrambling backwards thread.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm telling you man. it's so frustrating.

Watch the narrative tomorrow. Spurs develop players blah blah blah on espn
    Agreed you have all these tools on realgm that give Pop the credit for everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbf the Spurs are the best talent developers in the league and Lonnie surely benefitted from that.

Definitely shouldn't have been behind inelli for this long though. He's been ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called him a potential star months ago..Around the same time you were sniffing Forbes, Belli and predicting a 55 win season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called him a potential star months ago..Around the same time you were sniffing Forbes, Belli and predicting a 55 win season.
    Fake edgelord scrambling further backwards, now with fake news, tbh.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of clowns in this thread, lots of people are giving both Lonnie and the Spurs credit, just another attempt to discredit Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never got why so many ppl say we develop great talent... Where?? Duncan was a no brainer, so don't even count him... Tony and Manu may never have gotten that good if they didn't play with Duncan, but fine those two... Then Kawhi (Kawhi would have been Kawhi literally anywhere he went, but ok let's count him too)... That's it!

Manu's talent wasn't developed by the Spurs... He was just a steal... What talent did the Spurs give him that he never had?

Tony couldn't shoot for the first ten years of his career... It took Fox one year on the kings to go from really bad to really good...

Yes manu and Tony are hall of fame players... But that's because of the winning... Not because of their numbers... And the winning came because of Tim Duncan... If Duncan played with Marbury and T- Mac they would have been hall of famers too

Spurs are decent at player development... But so are the Bucks, that turned Giannis into an MVP, turned a second round draft picks into the ROY, and decent rotation players out of picks that weren't very high...

The nuggets took a team of young players that everyone wrote off, and a second round draft picks in Jokic and turned them into the best team in the west last year... So plz stop this narrative that we hands down have the best player development... Because when they don't pan out, yall blame the players... Who has skills now that they didn't have years ago? Murray still can't shoot, but yall not blaming the development team... Yall blaming Murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    me too breh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never got why so many ppl say we develop great talent... Where?? Duncan was a no brainer, so don't even count him... Tony and Manu may never have gotten that good if they didn't play with Duncan, but fine those two... Then Kawhi (Kawhi would have been Kawhi literally anywhere he went, but ok let's count him too)... That's it!

Manu's talent wasn't developed by the Spurs... He was just a steal... What talent did the Spurs give him that he never had?

Tony couldn't shoot for the first ten years of his career... It took Fox one year on the kings to go from really bad to really good...

Yes manu and Tony are hall of fame players... But that's because of the winning... Not because of their numbers... And the winning came because of Tim Duncan... If Duncan played with Marbury and T- Mac they would have been hall of famers too

Spurs are decent at player development... But so are the Bucks, that turned Giannis into an MVP, turned a second round draft picks into the ROY, and decent rotation players out of picks that weren't very high...

The nuggets took a team of young players that everyone wrote off, and a second round draft picks in Jokic and turned them into the best team in the west last year... So plz stop this narrative that we hands down have the best player development... Because when they don't pan out, yall blame the players... Who has skills now that they didn't have years ago? Murray still can't shoot, but yall not blaming the development team... Yall blaming Murray

Looking at the Spurs draft history, ruling out their draft and stashes which was made for cap reasons, their record is pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are the best franchise at developing talent. Walker made great strides during that one year, he wasn't nearly as good on both ends last season. But that's not all on Pop, it's more the development staff, Austin, Chip, etc. Pop held the kid back up to now like he held back White in his first season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to see Keldon and Sammich play in Frisco tonight against the Mavie team. My first "in person" "Spurs" game in a couple of years.

Should be fun. Hopefully the young player pipeline is up and running again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie said, "Hearing it from him (Pop), put more of a chip on my shoulder, and I knew I had to play harder when I go to practice...Do everything 110%."

Bu-bu-but Lonnie performed great last night because he wanted revenge on Pop!!!

Thread Information