Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs actually get to file a response as part of this, as I understand it. In which case, they can just submit the blown backcourt violation and point out the two points there that make it a wash.
    For sure - just saying they couldn’t launch their own official protest like HOU based on that particular missed call

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, if Rockets can show this blown call Spurs can just submit all the other blown calls that resulted in points, do they not see the all redundancy that this would create?? This is all silliness!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look it was a meaningless 2 points at a point when Rockets had a big lead. It didnt happen in the final minute and have a clear impact on the game. The game may have played out entirely differently where we win in regulation if the bucket had counted. We may have lost by 30 also. Who the knows. It didnt have a clear impact on them winning/losing, it was just 2 meaningless points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barnes is too big for Pops small ball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, if Rockets can show this blown call Spurs can just submit all the other blown calls that resulted in points, do they not see the all redundancy that this would create?? This is all silliness!
    They should just shoot for it. Ball dont lie

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just noticed something from watching the video again. After Harden initially dunks it, he turns over his shoulder and sees the ball around the rim and runs after the ball appearing to show that he, himself, thought he missed the dunk. His reaction is highly likely to have contributed to the conclusion that he missed the dunk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is going to come down to application of the review rules.

Yes, the ball went through and the Rockets should have gotten two points and that would have affected the score and the game. The Rockets have already acknowledged that and the NBA understands that...they are obviously seeking further justification to just wipe 77 other points scored off the board because of those missed 2 points.

As for review, refs can only initiate review of a field goal themselves for two reasons: to review a shot at the buzzer (shot clock or end of quarter), or to review whether a shot was a two or three. So that doesn't apply here, refs couldn't initiate their own review at the next timeout according to the rules.

The real question here is the coaches challenge. Did D'Antoni request a challenge, and did he do it within the first 30 seconds? According to Pringles, he did ask them to review it...so it's going to come down to when and how he made that request, and if the league feels that the referees unfairly denied it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else remember that crazy pass of Manu's that swished in and people thought it missed the basket? They reviewed that one because the players/team said it went in. I keep wondering how that case was different than this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-...4yaM3qTqn2eUlY

Pop responds amazing he talks spurs instead of other stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else remember that crazy pass of Manu's that swished in and people thought it missed the basket? They reviewed that one because the players/team said it went in. I keep wondering how that case was different than this.
    Players and refs liked Manu. They hate Harden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There wasn't a challenge system then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-...4yaM3qTqn2eUlY

Pop responds amazing he talks spurs instead of other stuff
    Nice find my man.

I like this image. Pop torturing D'Antoni until the end of time. Like Sean Connery and Alex Trebek on the old SNL Will Ferrell Jeopardy skits.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There wasn't a challenge system then.
    Right, so did previously reviewable things become non-reviewable with the challenge system? Doesn't seem right since they only get one challenge...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, so did previously reviewable things become non-reviewable with the challenge system? Doesn't seem right since they only get one challenge...
    It's just that now that there's a list of some things that are reviewable, things that aren't on the list won't count. The NFL went through a similar thing when they were getting challenges too. People would watch the film and correct really egregious stuff (like the official's calling the end of a game even though there was time left on the clock). Without people having to throw red flags or anything like that. Now that there's that system in place, they only fix things in the specific cir stances dictated by the rules. If you left the free-flowing reviews run along with challenges, you open yourself up to issues where the refs' judgment can play an even bigger factor. Like imagine some officials giving coaches "extra" reviews because they're more lenient or whatever. You wouldn't know what you need to burn your challenge on until you try it.

Really, the refs just missed the basket. It sucks, but had they ruled it missed and said that's not challengeable, they could have probably defended the ruling. Then the league could have made it challengeable with an emergency rule, and we could have moved on. Had they called it goaltending and just stuck with that, they could have let the normal challenge rules run as normal, everyone would be happy. Instead, they muddied it up at the time and may have made it worse after the fact. First year of this new concept though. They'll figure it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Review system: Joke.

Why not just have it just like we do at home. Replay shown within seconds. Easy clear to see call. Phone it in immediately and move the f on.

Corrupt pro sports is a joke when it comes to fairness.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops response was spot on. Sucks it happened, but let’s not pretend that That one play was determinative of what ended up being (yet another) choke job by the Hardens.

And if that the argument, let Lonnie re-shoot that last free through he intentionally missed to end the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop didn't have that take when 0.4 happened, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry just jumping in but has anyone commented on when harden came from out of bounds behind backboard n was first to loose rebound before establishing both feet inbounds...think that resulted in pts too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Shams, the NBA has DENIED Houston regarding their protest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go yourselves, Rockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ the scholars on here typing 8 pages of debate on whether or not this was gonna get replayed. DENIED

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suck Failure rockets lmao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pringles should know the league is always going to do Pop right over a D'Antoni led team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D'Antoni teams still overvaluing regular season wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Interesting...so the NBA did confirm that the refs even misapplied the challenge rule, and still denied the replay.

LOL Silver straight up just called out the Rockets for choking.

Thread Information