View Poll Results: Will Lonnie Walker IV Start The Next Game?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 8.14%
  • No

77 89.53%
  • Present

2 2.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if LW4 were in the starting lineup against the Queens. Definitely not holding my breath on that one! Would be nice if he can sub in for DDR instead of Beli. This dude needs more minutes to build his confidence & bolster his BB skills! This would vastly improve the team's 2nd unit on the defensive end, but to also have a good defensive player in game closers who can also score by either shooting or slashing to the basket would be a BIG upgrade to Beli, Forbs or Mills, although, I KINDA understand Pop's reasoning for those three guys out there... of coarse for their 3 point scoring, but the team also needs defense to make stops, too, which is hurting this team big time. Meh, we'll see what Pop will do going forward, but the bottom line is: Pop, you can't ignore that big pink elephant in the room in LW4 & what he's brought to this team, especially after last night's game.... To be honest, I believe if LW4's growth can continue & improve to the point that he's a starter caliber player, perhaps this may play in the decision making by PATFO to decide what they will do with DDR & Forbs, going forward... Hmmm....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White, Forbes, DeRozan, Gay, Aldridge

Murray, Mills, Walker, Lyles, Poeltl.

That will be the rotation once LA comes back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie Walker wont see the court next game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better from the bench, he bring the energy and the spark.
    Hope to see him playing 20-25min.
    This kid need playing time to grow and this season is perfect for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bigger question for me is if that game last night is close and not a 20 point blowout, does Lonnie even see the floor??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't start, but he'll be in the rotation now.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    forbes, lonnie, derozan (defacto point), pick 2 — poeltl/aldridge/lyles/gay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray, Mills, Walker, Lyles, Poeltl.
    That's the bench unit I want to see. Might be the best bench line up in the NBA. Speed, athleticism, defense, rebounding, perimeter shooting. It's all there

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect him to start out as the backup SF, but the genius will be looking for any excuse to bench him again quickly, just so he can be certain he doesn't get a big head because of one game . . . so anything that most can get away with, be it a minor defensive mistake or a questionable shot, etc. and it'll be Belinelli time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Lonnie on the bench.. Him and Murray can be a lethal 1-2 punch on both sides of the ball in the second unit, and they already seem to have good chemistry on the break. Of course the best players will finish the game anyway, as Lonnie commanded last night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... that 2nd unit lineup of Murray, Mills, Walker, Lyles & Poetl! That's definitely a pretty good lineup, but I wonder if Mills should go ahead & run the point at most times due to Murray's dribbling issues.
    Sheesh! His handles are a work in progress, to put it lightly! But for Mills to play the two, may give him more free range to move about the court without the ball to slash to the basket or shoot behind screens, etc(?). Mills is definitely a liability on defense, but can do okay against other PG's, while Murray can guard most two's. But all-in-all, it will be interesting to see what Pop will do with this starting lineup going forward.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will be surprised if he plays more than 20 minutes.
    Especially since it's on the road and Gregg will make no effort to coach IV up. He'll just leave him to rot on the bench like always.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IV is a beast. The sooner Gregg comes to terms, the sooner this franchise can move on. I don't want to hear about match-ups, chemistry, line-ups, etc.

Imagine Phil Jackson leaving Scottie Pippen on the end of the bench instead of playing him cos he "doesn't get rotations".

Thread Information