Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fred VanVleet is drinking the Kool-Aid

"I got League Pass so I watch the games every night and James is always a draw. You try to learn and take stuff from him, and every player dreams of drawing fouls the way he does... He's pretty special.....I haven't met a basketball player that doesn't appreciate it. It's the casual people that watch the game or a tied into some fantasy of what they think the game is about."
    He's right.

If it's so easy why don't more players take advantage of defenders the way he does? Takes a certain amount of greatness to be able to do it.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They're actually fouls though. At least the ones on his drives. DeRozan draws those same type of fouls pretty regularly too he's just not a master of it like Harden is. There's some greatness/genius involved in being able to take advantage of defenders the way he does. He basically forces the defender to play defense on him with their arms by their side. That gives him a huge advantage throughout the game (on drives when he isn't fouled).

yeah I'm one of the few that appreciates some of the creativity he has in his game to draw fouls. especially the one where he brings the ball low and extends it. Once a defender reaches in, he goes straight up to shoot and it's a legitimate foul because he caught them in a bad position. Sure it's intentional but those are fouls and like you said, he forces defenders to play more lax on defense to keep from fouling. People can say it's not fun to watch and that he's exploiting loopholes in the game or whatever, but there's a semen cloud in the NFL Forum every time people see Belichick do the same thing in terms of being creative and finding loopholes

I will say kicking the leg out is extremely stupid though. I can almost guarantee this guy is going to get a serious injury one of these days by doing it

Thread Information