Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Lonnie Walker is for real. He brings instant energy to the game. His presence changes the way the other players play and I think he is the best option alongside DeRozan.

- Pop is a stubborn guy and if he doesn’t make Lonnie Walker the first or the second option out the bench he is just stupid.

- DeMar DeRozan deserves a lot o praises. This guy didn’t look to take over the spotlight of Lonnie nor Bryn’s. He played within the offense orchestrating everything and keeping the offense under some control. I see DeRozan as the centerpiece of our offense - he should be our point guard for most of the game. He seems in control most of the time and most defenses can’t upset most of his intentions. He is improving on defense and is starting to make good reads. Extend this guy and do something about LMA (more on him below). He is the most consistent player we have since the beginning of the season and if you are smart, we should never let consistency go.

- Trey Lyles can become a special player for us. He can shoot, rebound, dribble, and find the open man on offense. He seems to play well with either Gay or Poeltl. He needs more confidence a be more consistent.

- This team can really move the ball with Poeltl as the only big man on the court. He needs to bring his aggressiveness more consistently.

(BONUS POINT)

- I think this is the right time to shop LMA. He is a great player but he lacks the energy and the type of mobility needed in today’s NBA. He doesn’t cover space on defense to make players think twice about penetration. He is no longer exciting to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Lonnie Walker is for real. He brings instant energy to the game. His presence changes the way the other players play and I think he is the best option alongside DeRozan.

- Pop is a stubborn guy and if he doesn’t make Lonnie Walker the first or the second option out the bench he is just stupid.

- DeMar DeRozan deserves a lot o praises. This guy didn’t look to take over the spotlight of Lonnie nor Bryn’s. He played within the offense orchestrating everything and keeping the offense under some control. I see DeRozan as the centerpiece of our offense - he should be our point guard for most of the game. He seems in control most of the time and most defenses can’t upset most of his intentions. He is improving on defense and is starting to make good reads. Extend this guy and do something about LMA (more on him below). He is the most consistent player we have since the beginning of the season and if you are smart, we should never let consistency go.

- Trey Lyles can become a special player for us. He can shoot, rebound, dribble, and find the open man on offense. He seems to play well with either Gay or Poeltl. He needs more confidence a be more consistent.

- This team can really move the ball with Poeltl as the only big man on the court. He needs to bring his aggressiveness more consistently.

(BONUS POINT)

- I think this is the right time to shop LMA. He is a great player but he lacks the energy and the type of mobility needed in today’s NBA. He doesn’t cover space on defense to make players think twice about penetration. He is no longer exciting to watch.
    I'm not sure we make the playoffs last year if LMA hadn't carried us on his back. He's been a step slow this year, but I think folks were saying that about him last December as well.

I'm still not sold on Lyles. I think he's an ok role player. It might be a reflection of how devoid of talent we are at the wing that he looks decent. The guy got buried on Denver's bench last year. I'm glad he's playing above expectations, but truly, those expectations for him were extremely low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(BONUS POINT)

LA is far from the glaring problem, nor should he be shopped before Demar. Smdh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure we make the playoffs last year if LMA hadn't carried us on his back. He's been a step slow this year, but I think folks were saying that about him last December as well.

I'm still not sold on Lyles. I think he's an ok role player. It might be a reflection of how devoid of talent we are at the wing that he looks decent. The guy got buried on Denver's bench last year. I'm glad he's playing above expectations, but truly, those expectations for him were extremely low.
    You might be right about Lyles but i still have hope. The guy already exceeded expectations and now looks like a real player. The guy could have mentally quit after being sent to the bench but instead he's really made, for the most part, the most of his minutes. The guy is still improving and I'm not sure what the ceiling is.

+--

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles is trash...he is not aggressive on either offense or defense... He rarely has good games...

I have high hopes for Lonnie... Hopefully Pop doesn't neuter him

I disagree with ur DeRozan take... He is horrible for our team, and he was horrible for his last team... They were better simply by subtracting him, and it will be the same for us... He isn't a positively impactful player at all

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy said extend DeMar. I stopped reading after that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA is far from the glaring problem, nor should he be shopped before Demar. Smdh.
    In reality he should be shopped though. It's what you do with players that don't fit into the future of a team that cannot currently win a championship. If you can get a lottery pick for LA, you do it. That said, if Walker can consistently play like he did last night, I might have to revise my opinion to the Spurs are in championship contention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In reality he should be shopped though. It's what you do with players that don't fit into the future of a team that cannot currently win a championship. If you can get a lottery pick for LA, you do it. That said, if Walker can consistently play like he did last night, I might have to revise my opinion to the Spurs are in championship contention.
    You can't be serious about us being in championship contention if Walker plays like he did on Tuesday. Walker may very well be legit but let's be real. Rockets took their foot off the gas when they thought they had the game in the bag. Also, no one in their right mind would give up a lottery pick for a 34 year old not named LeBron. , some wouldn't give up a lottery pick for LeBron either anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't be serious about us being in championship contention if Walker plays like he did on Tuesday. Walker may very well be legit but let's be real. Rockets took their foot off the gas when they thought they had the game in the bag. Also, no one in their right mind would give up a lottery pick for a 34 year old not named LeBron. , some wouldn't give up a lottery pick for LeBron either anymore.
    I doubt there will be more than a handful to even trade 1st round pick for LMA.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course I can be serious about it if Walker gonna play at an MVP level on both ends. It's essentially what it was when Kawhi was here. Now I'm not saying that'll happen; but yes, the Spurs aren't so ty that they can't compete if an elite player is in the mix.

And just for the sake of , you clearly haven't been paying attention to what a top five player means to a team in today's NBA.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 12-06-2019 at 02:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course I can be serious about it if Walker gonna play at an MVP level on both ends. It's essentially what it was when Kawhi was here. Now I'm not saying that'll happen; but yes, the Spurs aren't so ty that they can't compete if an elite player is in the mix.

And just for the sake of , you clearly haven't been paying attention to what a top five player means to a team in today's NBA.
    I don't think the Spurs as currently constructed would benefit much from a Lonnie breakout (though they'd obviously get better) since both of their star players are so ball-dominant and require a lot of plays drawn for them to be effective. If you place Lonnie in the SL, any touches he gets will be at the expense of Mr Mah Touches and DD, both of whom are of little value off-ball. Ideally, you shop both of them for picks, and free up the room so Lonnie and the young guys can develop - I want to see a White-DJ-Lonnie-Lyles-Poeltl lineup in action, but we're not getting there until we get rid of these weighting vets, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt there will be more than a handful to even trade 1st round pick for LMA.
    I don't know about that, Aldridge to Portland makes too much sense for them. Portland is also "believed" to be willing to give up a pick to improve this season.

Aldridge for Whiteside or Bazemore and a lottery protected 1st rounder (probably ends up in the teens) would work- if the Spurs decide to make him available.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs as currently constructed would benefit much from a Lonnie breakout (though they'd obviously get better) since both of their star players are so ball-dominant and require a lot of plays drawn for them to be effective. If you place Lonnie in the SL, any touches he gets will be at the expense of Mr Mah Touches and DD, both of whom are of little value off-ball. Ideally, you shop both of them for picks, and free up the room so Lonnie and the young guys can develop - I want to see a White-DJ-Lonnie-Lyles-Poeltl lineup in action, but we're not getting there until we get rid of these weighting vets, tbh.
    I disagree with the notion that they cannot share the ball, or that it's not a good idea to take turns attacking. I know it's a popular one on ST; but I never bought into it. Especially come playoff time when defenses tighten and ISO players become more valuable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker can easily play off the ball as we've seen last game. If he can emerge as a legit 3rd option than I'm not sure if I would want to trade LA or DeRozan. The main problem of this team is still Forbes starting. Spurs also have Carroll and Belinelli as 11th and 12th man. I'm also starting to think Rudy Gay might be expendable. He's not the player he was last year, ain't shooting the 3 well and is not really a good defender. With Lyles looking good off the bench, Spurs might want to move Rudy if they can find a better starting PF.

Gay 14.5 million
    Mills 12.5 million
    Carroll 7 million
    Belinelli 5.8 million
    Forbes 2.5 million

These are short good value deals that should be easy to move. If you package 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 Spurs should be able to get a starter out of it to further improve. OKC is looking to move Gallinari for example

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker can easily play off the ball as we've seen last game. If he can emerge as a legit 3rd option than I'm not sure if I would want to trade LA or DeRozan. The main problem of this team is still Forbes starting. Spurs also have Carroll and Belinelli as 11th and 12th man. I'm also starting to think Rudy Gay might be expendable. He's not the player he was last year, ain't shooting the 3 well and is not really a good defender. With Lyles looking good off the bench, Spurs might want to move Rudy if they can find a better starting PF.

Gay 14.5 million
    Mills 12.5 million
    Carroll 7 million
    Belinelli 5.8 million
    Forbes 2.5 million

These are short good value deals that should be easy to move. If you package 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 Spurs should be able to get a starter out of it to further improve. OKC is looking to move Gallinari for example
    While I love Gallo's skill set, he's more of a china doll than Load Management. He's played less than 25 games in a season twice, and hasn't cracked 70 since the year before our last championship. His health record is just a train wreck.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would only want to keep DDR if he commits to shooting the 3 and improves his defense. Walker showed he can be that closing player that we have been lacking since Kawhi left so DDR as a 2nd option is pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I love Gallo's skill set, he's more of a china doll than Load Management. He's played less than 25 games in a season twice, and hasn't cracked 70 since the year before our last championship. His health record is just a train wreck.
    true but he played 68 last year and has already played 20 this year. I don't think that's a big issue and Pop is the most conservative coach ever when it comes to injuries. He's the most realistic player to target in my book. I'd love Harrison Barnes, but not sure if the Kings would give him up for our trash vets. Swap Forbes with Gallo in the starting line up and think about how good this team would look, especially with having Walker come off the bench. That was the exact reason why I got hyped when we signed Morris. Having another forward of that caliber with an emerging star like Walker and Murray, White, Poeltl making strides as the season progresses would give this team a very high ceiling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    play walker in the supper sub/manu/6th man role!

Thread Information