Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you self proclaimed experets and graders are so naive, this happened in 2008 because the wrong guy fouled out. Score didn't matter(117-111) maybe the time on clocked mattered(51.9) seconds but they replayed the game. Also this is the second time the Spurs have been involved in a controversy like this. Spurs protested an overtime loss to the lakers and they replayed it and ended up winning.

You've all been trained so well in the art of congestive dissonance by your Cult Leader Poop and his acolytes on this message board.

Incidentally I remembered these and looked for the article. Its will happen and it will happen in April just like the other two incidents.

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=3192421

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1983/04...6048419058000/
    Nearly every talking head in the media is saying that the game won't be replayed either and the Rockets are being crybabies, so I guess they are all Pop's acolytes too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a replay is remote at best. First, they were up big at the time and you can’t definitely state that the bucket cost them the game. Now if it happened at the end of regulation that would be a different story. I just can’t see it happening and there is no way to be fair to both parties because you can’t wipe away the Spurs comeback. That would be more egregious then the Harden missed call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that any sort of replay, or changing the outcome by the NBA would open up a huge can of worms for the league. Every missed call would come into question. Sh!t happens, and the pu$$y Rockets just need to move on. They had every opportunity to still win the game after that.

As someone else said, let's replay the end of .04. Better yet, award the Spurs the win, pull all the players back out of retirement and let's replay the remainder of that post season.

Pringles is an ass, and just can't get over Pop's ownage of him the last 16 years.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for you! It isn't that simple, no matter who says it is, and the league would not be taking this long if there were zero possibility of them taking some action.

The league has a situation on their hands, and a lot of eyes watching. The worst possible thing would be for this game to cost the Rockets home court against somebody in the playoffs (and then lose 4-3), or for the Spurs to miss the playoffs for the first time in forever because of a reversal. That's one more reason why I think they'll look for a solution where they just don't have to make a decision until nearly the last minute. They could schedule that replay for the end of the season, and then abandon it if they get the opportunity. It's a politician's solution, and Silver is a politician.
    There's not a lot of people watching. You have a ty baby franchise in Houston that's looking for a bailout, and the rest of the league wondering if Silver's going to be a pussy about it or not. The league comes out and says too bad, but game is over, it won't even be a thought outside of Houston sports radio by the end of the weekend.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My take is that the league is "doing their due diligence" by stating they are reviewing it. That said, I don't think the game will replayed. As others have said, it sets a very slippery slope for any missed calls in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised if they see fit to do something about it this summer though like making it something that is reviewable or adjusting the way coaches challenge can be used.

Honestly, they probably never had any reason to think "should we be able to review whether or not the ball actually goes through the basket" before this.
    This. They will change the rule but have the game result stand.

I don't see it as being any different than blowing a goaltending call, in effect.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were 7 minutes left in the quarter when this happened. Are we supposed to disregard everything that happened in the remaining 17 minutes of the game because of this one blown call? This is ing stupid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were 7 minutes left in the quarter when this happened. Are we supposed to disregard everything that happened in the remaining 17 minutes of the game because of this one blown call? This is ing stupid
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think those y Rockets are just protesting this for publicity, they feel they’ve been screwed by the refs a lot of times so they’re trying to make a statement to the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think those y Rockets are just protesting this for publicity, they feel they’ve been screwed by the refs a lot of times so they’re trying to make a statement to the league
    Oh yeah, definitely. That poor Harden guy gets no calls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah the irony of them complaining about the refs is hilarious but I can guarantee because of this protest the rockets will get even more favorable calls now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It won't be replayed... It's a blown call... There's like 10 every game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would LOVE to replay it and blow them out... Or imagine I'd Harden gets a season ending injury during the replayed game...lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he needs one of those director chairs parked out at the free-throw line with his name on the back of it.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't there a player that ended up on both teams' box scores because there was a replay and he was traded from one team to the other in between?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should be called for a foul for even thinking of defending him. How dare those ref keeps swallowing the whistle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ever visit clutchfans? I've never seen a fanbase whine about the refs as much as rocketfan
    they're even worse than we are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ever visit clutchfans? I've never seen a fanbase whine about the refs as much as rocketfan
    it's hilarious. When you have Harden on the team you should be the last ones to whine about refereeing. He averages more FTAs than some teams

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Houston fan in general. As a Texans fan I can tell you Houston fans from Houston whine about officiating more than any fan base in existence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't there a player that ended up on both teams' box scores because there was a replay and he was traded from one team to the other in between?
    In the Nets/Philly re-play, there were TWO players in the box score for both teams after a mid season trade. I believe that one of them lost points on his initial team point score when time was wiped off of the clock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That one play didn't change the outcome either way, replaying it would be so stupid, SO I guess from now whenever there is a bad call they will have to replay the game again? I guess we will never even make it out of regular season that way lol

Thread Information