Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've explained it twice now. You're the one who fails to recognize. off.
    So you are scared to put your money where your mouth is?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW - note that I keep saying "IF" the game is replayed. I think it's a coin toss. There are some other jerk-offs here who claim to know for 100% certain what's going to happen. But I'll throw in a little bonus prediction:

IF the league decides to take some kind of action, they're going to accompany it with additional explanation. Something along the lines of, "We have reviewed the video, and determined that Coach Pringles attempted to challenge the call within the allowable 30 seconds, but was not given the opportunity by the officials. For that reason, we have decided to..."

The basis they used last night for not allowing the challenge is that he did not challenge in time. If they say the video shows that he really did (he claims he did... now), they could say that they have no choice, since that was the reason for not giving the points to the Rockets last night.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you are scared to put your money where your mouth is?

How about we just compare penis size and get it over with?

I've given you way more time than you're worth. You'll just have to play with yourself from here on out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW - note that I keep saying "IF" the game is replayed. I think it's a coin toss. There are some other jerk-offs here who claim to know for 100% certain what's going to happen. But I'll throw in a little bonus prediction:

IF the league decides to take some kind of action, they're going to accompany it with additional explanation. Something along the lines of, "We have reviewed the video, and determined that Coach Pringles attempted to challenge the call within the allowable 30 seconds, but was not given the opportunity by the officials. For that reason, we have decided to..."

The basis they used last night for not allowing the challenge is that he did not challenge in time. If they say the video shows that he really did (he claims he did... now), they could say that they have no choice, since that was the reason for not giving the points to the Rockets last night.
    Ah yes, so you are backing off now, embarrassing. I personally 100% guarantee they wont make us replay this. I will continue with the bet against myself if you are too much of a coward to participate. I will self ban for two months if any replay of any sort happens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about we just compare penis size and get it over with?

I've given you way more time than you're worth. You'll just have to play with yourself from here on out.
    I win, you clearly dont have one with a ass post like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [I]One protest that was granted did alter the outcome. In a Nov. 30, 1982, game between the Lakers and Spurs, Lakers guard Norm Nixon was at the foul line for his second free throw. San Antonio led 116-114 with seconds left in regulation. Nixon faked the free throw shot, and players from both teams went into the lane. The refs called a lane violation on both teams and issued a jump ball at halfcourt. The Lakers won the tap and Nixon scored the tying basket, forcing overtime. The Lakers won 137-132 in double overtime.
    The difference, as I see it, is that Harden's dunk was a blown judgement call. Those happen all the time. The Spurs vs. Lakers game and the Shaq fouling out with only five fouls were more than just judgement calls gone wrong. Those were just completely erroneous and unfair decisions within a game -- that didn't involve referee judgement.

But, yeah, I could be wrong. The Spurs are in trouble if the Rockets could get proof that their challenge was erroneously denied, for example. (Though the ref said after the game the Rockets didn't challenge in time.) We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the NBA will make the Spurs replay that game. That was just a blown call by a ref. Not much different than a blown goaltending call or a three-pointer in which a toe was on the line. If the NBA grants this replay, they will open a gigantic can of worms.

If the NBA does force the replay, all 19 of Lonnie Walker IV's fourth quarter points will be wiped away
    That's the main reason, regarding of any technical considerations, why I don't see them doing anything else than a assessment about the wrong call (maybe mentioning the missed backourt violation for good measure).

Otherwise, they'd create a jurisprudence other teams would gladly exploit. But anyway, a wrong call is a wrong call, end of story...

Notice MacMahon (Rockets media )'s articles on ESPN went from "Rockets confident"... to "Rockets hopeful"... to "Rockets filling a protest so the NBA investigate"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The longer it takes the more worried I get. You just say it was a missed call and move on, that’s what they do dozens of other times throughout the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what is to investigate? it is obvious the two points should have counted. is there a rule for something like this? if yes, then use it, if not, move on ...

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every win hurts the Spurs chances at getting a top 3 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the NBA will make the Spurs replay that game. That was just a blown call by a ref. Not much different than a blown goaltending call or a three-pointer in which a toe was on the line. If the NBA grants this replay, they will open a gigantic can of worms.

If the NBA does force the replay, all 19 of Lonnie Walker IV's fourth quarter points will be wiped away
    And he'll find himself right back on the bench for Marco Belinelli, cause "technically it never happened"

That's the part I don't get. Pringles used his coaches challenge prior to that, so how can he challenge twice?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    astounding paragraphs long autism in this thread.

there’s nothing to debate. spurs won

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he'll find himself right back on the bench for Marco Belinelli, cause "technically it never happened"

That's the part I don't get. Pringles used his coaches challenge prior to that, so how can he challenge twice?
    Pringles challenge the last play of the game when Harden was called for the offensive foul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we then replay the 2008 WCF game where Fisher mugged Berry on the final play but no call was made? I think we should replay that.

Also, Britain wants a "do over" for the 100 Years War with France.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Replaying the last 7 minutes of the game would be a PR nightmare for the League.

People who paid to see the game would realize that they didn't see the game. They would realize they don't even know who won.

Finality would be gone. Results would be negotiable.

Virtually all the national pundits seem united in the view that any replay would be a Pandora's Box.

It would be very surprising (and also lead to a cascade of unintended consequences) if any replaying were to be allowed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Imagine having a career night just for it to not count.

Before there was technology in soccer, many times the ball would cross the goal-line and the goal wasn't counted and visce versa. Games were never replayed, even though scores in soccer are much more rare and important than in basketball. It was just taken as a ref's mistake.

Leave the result as is and just punish the refs. That's the logical way to act.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My take is that the league is "doing their due diligence" by stating they are reviewing it. That said, I don't think the game will replayed. As others have said, it sets a very slippery slope for any missed calls in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised if they see fit to do something about it this summer though like making it something that is reviewable or adjusting the way coaches challenge can be used.

Honestly, they probably never had any reason to think "should we be able to review whether or not the ball actually goes through the basket" before this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they actually rule for a replay, I hope the Spurs boycott the out of that

I can't think of a more pussy organization from a more -made city than the Rockets tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The over and back call that was missed and DIRECTLY resulted in two points for Hou at the 2nd Quarter buzzer. Those two points were also the result of a missed judgement call. The result would be spurs ball on their end of the court with a little bit of time left on the clock at the half. That call could have resulted in up to a five point swing in favor of the Spurs. In addition, due to the clock running out at that point the Rockets would have no way of getting any additional points at the half.

Two can play that game and the Spurs I'm sure have provided that video to 5th Avenue as well.

The Rockets had literally dozens of chances to rectify the missed call. Don't turn the ball over, shoot better, play better defense, don't blow a 22 point lead. This is so Rockets, so Dantoni, so Morey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give the Rockets the win...who gives a ? The Spurs win with Lonnies performance, either way imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give the Rockets the win...who gives a ? The Spurs win with Lonnies performance, either way imo.
    that. the Rockets. I don't care if the Spurs win another game this season but that W against that organization better stand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuck mentality tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that. the Rockets. I don't care if the Spurs win another game this season but that W against that organization better stand.
    Torturing D'Antoni makes any season a success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way in it gets replayed. Rockets need to let it go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you self proclaimed experets and graders are so naive, this happened in 2008 because the wrong guy fouled out. Score didn't matter(117-111) maybe the time on clocked mattered(51.9) seconds but they replayed the game. Also this is the second time the Spurs have been involved in a controversy like this. Spurs protested an overtime loss to the lakers and they replayed it and ended up winning.

You've all been trained so well in the art of congestive dissonance by your Cult Leader Poop and his acolytes on this message board.

Incidentally I remembered these and looked for the article. Its will happen and it will happen in April just like the other two incidents.

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=3192421

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1983/04...6048419058000/
    cuck mentality tbh. take your “congestive dissonance” and shove it

Thread Information