Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Sources said the NBA office has started conducting an investigation that could take longer than the 48-hour window."

"League sources, however, scoffed at the suggestion that the Rockets would be awarded the victory."

Linky: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...es-harden-dunk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see how it gets replayed.

You replay it from right after Harden's dunk, with the Rockets up 14 or whatever it was? Doesn't seem fair to negate SA's comeback. It's not like SA had a compe ive advantage for the rest of the game. The last time a game was replayed was because a guy fouled out with only 5 fouls which did give the opponent a compe ive advantage the rest of the game.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about the blatantly missed back court violation on the Rockets that lead to 2 points? Or the fact Harden and Westbrook were a combined 18/68? No doubt it was a missed call but I am believer that no single call or missed call determines a game. It's a series of calls, plays, missed shots, missed free throws, turnovers, blocks, etc.

I don't think anything will come of this. The NBA does not want to set precedence.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said last night that I think the league will see the need to do something, but that it has to be a replay. You just don't know how the game would have played out. After that fiasco, Harden was pissed. He ran down the floor and threw up a long 3 that went it. Who knows if he feels the need to do that, without the missed call.

Replays are hard to schedule. My prediction is that they are going to replay the last 8 minutes, and they will schedule it for April 12. The Spurs and Rockets have a game scheduled in SA that day, and last nights game was in SA. It's an afternoon game, which should make it easier to schedule the replay time. And since it's so near the end of the season, it might not have playoff implications for either team - in which case they could just cancel the replay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You replay it from right after Harden's dunk, with the Rockets up 14 or whatever it was? Doesn't seem fair to negate SA's comeback. It's not like SA had a compe ive advantage for the rest of the game. The last time a game was replayed was because a guy fouled out with only 5 fouls which did give the opponent a compe ive advantage the rest of the game.

Yeah, it's an ugly thought. But a ball going through the ring is the basis for the whole game. I mentioned last night that they did a replay once because the refs fouled Shaq out when he only had 5 fouls. That's one of those matter of fact things. It gets a little harder when it's 8 minutes, and such a huge comeback happened. But it only matters if there are playoff implications, so I think they'll put it off until late to see if they can just forget about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said last night that I think the league will see the need to do something, but that it has to be a replay. You just don't know how the game would have played out. After that fiasco, Harden was pissed. He ran down the floor and threw up a long 3 that went it. Who knows if he feels the need to do that, without the missed call.

Replays are hard to schedule. My prediction is that they are going to replay the last 8 minutes, and they will schedule it for April 12. The Spurs and Rockets have a game scheduled in SA that day, and last nights game was in SA. It's an afternoon game, which should make it easier to schedule the replay time. And since it's so near the end of the season, it might not have playoff implications for either team - in which case they could just cancel the replay.
    They arent replaying it. What a dumb ing suggestion. The little whiny ty babies from Houston need to right off. Cant wait to watch the gutless cowards flame out and choke again per par int he playoffs.

Houston
    Harden
    Dantoni
    last le back in the 90s
    only won cuz Jordan was suspended
    Game 5 2017
    Always the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Absolutely not fair. Also, what if someone like DeRozen or Jakob are hurt and can’t play that day? Not gonna happen. Rocketts blew that game and deserved to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha. Yesterdays nba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a clusterfck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we end up having to replay the game I hope Pop unleashes some wrath lol boycotts the game, has every player foul out, etc lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you can replay the game or a portion of it because it would indeed negate that hard fought comeback. Also the fact the Rockets were awarded at least one basket that shouldn't have counted makes it all the more unlikely. That was a great game. Of course the basket should have counted. The back court violation was the most obvious other bad call that led to a slam dunk for Chandler. That shouldn't have counted. You didn't need to watch it in slow motion to see it was a bad call.

On to Friday!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the NBA will make the Spurs replay that game. That was just a blown call by a ref. Not much different than a blown goaltending call or a three-pointer in which a toe was on the line. If the NBA grants this replay, they will open a gigantic can of worms.

If the NBA does force the replay, all 19 of Lonnie Walker IV's fourth quarter points will be wiped away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the NBA will make the Spurs replay that game. That was just a blown call by a ref. Not much different than a blown goaltending call or a three-pointer in which a toe was on the line. If the NBA grants this replay, they will open a gigantic can of worms.

If the NBA does force the replay, all 19 of Lonnie Walker IV's fourth quarter points will be wiped away
    Something is going to happen. I know you don't reply to me but if it were as simple as you say, wouldn't the league have come to a decision by now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the Spurs have to play the game if the NBA schedules it? I’d love to see Spurs tell the NBA to go f themselves if NBA wanted a replay, but it’d probably be a massive fine or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Talk about pussing in lw4's cheerios

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And that would be much more wrong than a 'blown call.'

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see how they can overturn this without allowing us to replay vs Lakers for Fisher's 0.4 shot. Bring everyone out of retirement and do the damn thing over again!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something is going to happen. I know you don't reply to me but if it were as simple as you say, wouldn't the league have come to a decision by now?
    Um no, as of right now they dont need to say anything. Rockets havent even filed a protest. The league is probably conducting interviews and gathering information in the event of a protest. They have no reason to release any statement at this time.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden travelled going in for that dunk anyway. Move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow. This is a very pragmatic solution. It’s tough to see them replaying a game. League probably doesn’t want that precedent
    Last edited by SAGirl; 12-05-2019 at 12:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They arent replaying it. What a dumb ing suggestion.

I'm a lot of things, Nancy, and you're welcome to point any of them out. But dumb isn't on the list. The other people here can read the story below and make up their own minds. You can kiss my godly ass.

One protest that was granted did alter the outcome. In a Nov. 30, 1982, game between the Lakers and Spurs, Lakers guard Norm Nixon was at the foul line for his second free throw. San Antonio led 116-114 with seconds left in regulation. Nixon faked the free throw shot, and players from both teams went into the lane. The refs called a lane violation on both teams and issued a jump ball at halfcourt. The Lakers won the tap and Nixon scored the tying basket, forcing overtime. The Lakers won 137-132 in double overtime.

The Spurs filed a protest and won. Officials should have made Nixon shoot the second free throw instead of going to a jump ball. "It's a bigger thing to other people. It was just funny how it transpired," Nixon said. "It was a memorable moment, but as far as relevance and being a big game, no, it was one of 82."

The final seconds of regulation were replayed, and the Spurs won 117-114. "We laugh about it because the call the ref made was wrong," Nixon said.

Now I've already pointed out that 8 minutes is a lot harder to handle than those few seconds, or the minute that got replayed between the Hawks and Heat. But that Spurs-Lakers game above could just as easily have gone into double OT, just like the original, and could easily have taken 8 minutes to replay. The point is, the league upheld a protest, did a replay, and it changed the outcome of the game.

I've also pointed out that IF they uphold the protest, they won't want to take away SA's home court in the replay. That would pretty much leave the April 12 date that I listed above. And the other advantage to that, as I ing said, is that it might give them the opportunity to just forget about it, if it doesn't affect any playoff seedings. For the league, that would be the best possible outcome. Just pretend like it never happened.

As per usual, not many people here can look at anything from any perspective than Spurs' fans. The league has to think about a lot more than one team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good for you! It isn't that simple, no matter who says it is, and the league would not be taking this long if there were zero possibility of them taking some action.

The league has a situation on their hands, and a lot of eyes watching. The worst possible thing would be for this game to cost the Rockets home court against somebody in the playoffs (and then lose 4-3), or for the Spurs to miss the playoffs for the first time in forever because of a reversal. That's one more reason why I think they'll look for a solution where they just don't have to make a decision until nearly the last minute. They could schedule that replay for the end of the season, and then abandon it if they get the opportunity. It's a politician's solution, and Silver is a politician.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a lot of things, Nancy, and you're welcome to point any of them out. But dumb isn't on the list. The other people here can read the story below and make up their own minds. You can kiss my godly ass.

One protest that was granted did alter the outcome. In a Nov. 30, 1982, game between the Lakers and Spurs, Lakers guard Norm Nixon was at the foul line for his second free throw. San Antonio led 116-114 with seconds left in regulation. Nixon faked the free throw shot, and players from both teams went into the lane. The refs called a lane violation on both teams and issued a jump ball at halfcourt. The Lakers won the tap and Nixon scored the tying basket, forcing overtime. The Lakers won 137-132 in double overtime.

The Spurs filed a protest and won. Officials should have made Nixon shoot the second free throw instead of going to a jump ball. "It's a bigger thing to other people. It was just funny how it transpired," Nixon said. "It was a memorable moment, but as far as relevance and being a big game, no, it was one of 82."

The final seconds of regulation were replayed, and the Spurs won 117-114. "We laugh about it because the call the ref made was wrong," Nixon said.

Now I've already pointed out that 8 minutes is a lot harder to handle than those few seconds, or the minute that got replayed between the Hawks and Heat. But that Spurs-Lakers game above could just as easily have gone into double OT, just like the original, and could easily have taken 8 minutes to replay. The point is, the league upheld a protest, did a replay, and it changed the outcome of the game.

I've also pointed out that IF they uphold the protest, they won't want to take away SA's home court in the replay. That would pretty much leave the April 12 date that I listed above. And the other advantage to that, as I ing said, is that it might give them the opportunity to just forget about it, if it doesn't affect any playoff seedings. For the league, that would be the best possible outcome. Just pretend like it never happened.

As per usual, not many people here can look at anything from any perspective than Spurs' fans. The league has to think about a lot more than one team.
    For a self proclaimed smart guy, you fail to recognize the pattern. The replays are happening in the FINAL MINUTE of games when the missed call had a clear and direct impact on the outcome. Harden's "dunk" fits none of these criteria. There will be no replay. If I am wrong I will self-ban for two months. If I am right, you self ban for two months, deal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a self proclaimed smart guy, you fail to recognize the pattern. The replays are happening in the FINAL MINUTE of games when the missed call had a clear and direct impact on the outcome. Harden's "dunk" fits none of these criteria. There will be no replay. If I am wrong I will self-ban for two months. If I am right, you self ban for two months, deal?
    I've explained it twice now. You're the one who fails to recognize. off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for you! It isn't that simple, no matter who says it is, and the league would not be taking this long if there were zero possibility of them taking some action.

The league has a situation on their hands, and a lot of eyes watching. The worst possible thing would be for this game to cost the Rockets home court against somebody in the playoffs (and then lose 4-3), or for the Spurs to miss the playoffs for the first time in forever because of a reversal. That's one more reason why I think they'll look for a solution where they just don't have to make a decision until nearly the last minute. They could schedule that replay for the end of the season, and then abandon it if they get the opportunity. It's a politician's solution, and Silver is a politician.
    They arent "taking long" because there is nothing to say. There is no protest that has been filed, there is no reason to comment. It is that simple.

Thread Information