Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I understand that. It is exactly the problem Lonnie would have if he were promoted to the SL, maybe as a 2-3 with Forbes riding the pine, for example. DeMar and LaMarcus are both rhythm players who need a lot of touches and on-ball possessions to be effective, which will inevitably prevent Lonnie from getting the touches he also needs. I'd much raratherkther see him coming off the bench second and having a two-man game with DJ off the bench, they look like they have a lot of synergy. If Pop weren't so set on his ways we could also see a Dj-White-Lonnie lineup but maybe that's too much to ask for this season
    Last night was a perfect example on why Lonnie needs to start. There's going to be games where pop simply won't play him over others . . As a he starter he will get those mins. Might not equate to touches and pop will close with others but Lonnie will stil get a set amount mins on the court. The guy needs regular on court experience. Sitting with an inconsistent role doesn't cut it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night was a perfect example on why Lonnie needs to start. There's going to be games where pop simply won't play him over others . . As a he starter he will get those mins. Might not equate to touches and pop will close with others but Lonnie will stil get a set amount mins on the court. The guy needs regular on court experience. Sitting with an inconsistent role doesn't cut it.
    The same recognition of Lonnie's talents and upside that would make Pop start him, would make Pop give him consistent minutes off the bench. If Pop won't play him over others in the rotation, he clearly doesn't have enough belief in him to put him in the SL. Sucks that this is the reality of the situation, but Pop seems to really like to ride with his undersized, no D 2s whether it's Patty or Forbes rather than his athletic, long, prospect guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same recognition of Lonnie's talents and upside that would make Pop start him, would make Pop give him consistent minutes off the bench. If Pop won't play him over others in the rotation, he clearly doesn't have enough belief in him to put him in the SL. Sucks that this is the reality of the situation, but Pop seems to really like to ride with his undersized, no D 2s whether it's Patty or Forbes rather than his athletic, long, prospect guys.
    He's light years ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter what Walker does, Pop is going to Pop him this year. It has nothing to do with Walker's play (see Forbes as example that play doesn't matter), but Pop's need for a whipping boy. It was written before the season started.

Thread Information