Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Spurs win their third straight home game?

The Kings have lost three straight on the road. With a win, the Spurs can basically tie them in the standings. Considering the Spurs have about a month off after this game, getting a win here is pretty important to go into this break with some momentum. Let's hope they get it

Josh with a good article on Jakob Poeltl: https://www.spurstalk.com/jakob-poel...antonio-spurs/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs by 8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs are bad but the kings are too. This is a very winnable game. The kings usually make it close before they choke...spurs by 11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no Fox, no Bagley. They have to win this won

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Win or lose, I want to see Lonnie get some real minutes. He's earned them, Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Spurs win their third straight home game?

The Kings have lost three straight on the road. With a win, the Spurs can basically tie them in the standings. Considering the Spurs have about a month off after this game, getting a win here is pretty important to go into this break with some momentum. Let's hope they get it

Josh with a good article on Jakob Poeltl: https://www.spurstalk.com/jakob-poel...antonio-spurs/
    It would be nice if Josh backed up his claim that LMA has shown a drastic reduction in staying in front of his man. He remains one of the most reliable defensive players on the team. His 36 blocks are good enough for 8th in the NBA, and he's missed 2 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be nice if Josh backed up his claim that LMA has shown a drastic reduction in staying in front of his man. He remains one of the most reliable defensive players on the team. His 36 blocks are good enough for 8th in the NBA, and he's missed 2 games.
    He's averaging more blocks because teams are specifically attacking him in the pick & roll. Although I don't blame the guy that much, it's hard to guard the pick & roll when you have DeRozan and Forbes as your help defenders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the breakout game by Lonnie Walker, i feel like a sense of resurgence for my excitement of this season. I am truly looking forward to this game because of him.

I hope he can get to the point to where he can start and play 30+ minutes a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Win or lose, I want to see Lonnie get some real minutes. He's earned them, Pop.
    Anything less than 20 minutes in a non-overtime game would be disappointing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got some free charter tickets to this game. Any special benefits with charter tickets vs normal ones?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is lapussy gonna suit up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any word on uniforms for this throwback game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA cleared to play tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA cleared to play tonight.
    d'oh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any word on uniforms for this throwback game?
    lol there won't be a fiesta jersey this year. The city edition jersey is camo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got some free charter tickets to this game. Any special benefits with charter tickets vs normal ones?
    Yes they have a separate bar and food stands than the rest of the arena. Have a great time! I'll be there as well and can't wait!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White joking about the #Spurs' new strategy for perimeter defense: "We are just going to let them go buy and hope Jakob blocks it." Poeltl has 14 blocks over the last 4 games, the first Spur to do so since Tim Duncan in 2015.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White joking about the #Spurs' new strategy for perimeter defense: "We are just going to let them go buy and hope Jakob blocks it." Poeltl has 14 blocks over the last 4 games, the first Spur to do so since Tim Duncan in 2015.
    Good plan!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My post from A couple days ago in another thread on guarding Harden and avoiding his foul flops.

It needs to be a team scheme. The guy defending him, crowd him to make him drive but put your hands so far away from him the refs can see them and he can’t grab them. You want him to drive. If he steps back for a 3, contest to the side like the Spurs were last night. If he drives, literally step away from him and let him go right past you. Don’t send help from the side at all where players usually reach, everyone just stay home on their man. Only the bigs step over to contest the shot AT THE RIM jumping only vertical if at all. If you can’t get there as a big, then just let him score the bucket. Don’t touch him at all. Don’t reach. Don’t give him free throws. He get so many calls when guys instinctively reach while he driving.

Once you have taken the free throws away, it will change the way he starts playing and confuse him. He lives to draw fouls. As the game wears on and you have been showing the refs all game you haven’t been fouling, then you can slowly start playing a little more physical in the 4th, or at least down the stretch of games.

His biggest weapon is paralyzing you by baiting you into fouls and awarding him free throws. Everything else he does stems from there. He uses your defense against every time which frustrates you. Don’t play that game. Contest 3s jumping to the side, let him get a layup if he drives.

This would be more for a playoff series more than just one game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf the Spurs have 6 days off? when’s the last time that happened in the regular season? (not counting all star break)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m hyped to see Walker play again. What are the chances he only plays 5 minutes of garbage time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes they have a separate bar and food stands than the rest of the arena. Have a great time! I'll be there as well and can't wait!
    Nice! Thanks for the heads up. Enjoy the game brah

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season on the line.

Thread Information