Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup... same thing with Speedy Claxton, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMFAO! now THIS isnt true at ALL! but ok...carry on your narrative
    You think I made all that up? Ok, you carry on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson Version 2 was slow and terrible, except for an occasional game where his irrational confidence would pay off. But the guy is so self-centered and void of reality that he is likely taking what Pop actually said and twisting it into something that Pop never said.

Like Pop probably said, "Stephen, I play Danny and Manu because they are better than you right now. We want you on our team and we think you can add toughness, but you can't disrupt our locker room by criticizing players that have done it for us all year. So you either need to stop the backbiting and messing with the team chemistry as we head to the playoffs and just admit that you are the 11th or 12th guy on this team, or we will need to cut you."

Jackson heard: "Green and Ginobili are better than you and you need to admit it to the whole team because if you don't, you are going to hurt their confidence in the playoffs."
    Agreed.

And if my memory serves me correctly, he was playing hard and going down swinging when OKC was closing the series on us in Game 6. He played exceptionally well in the last game. It's the last memory of him in a Spurs jersey and it probably leaves the glasses a bit rose colored for that year on the team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And if my memory serves me correctly, It's the last memory of him in a Spurs jersey and it probably leaves the glasses a bit rose colored for that year on the team.
    Last memory of him in a Spurs jersey? The season he went off on OKC in the playoffs was when the Spurs traded RJ for him at the deadline. He played almost another full season with the Spurs - ty by the way - before he was cut before the playoffs began. Manu was injured and the move came as a real surprise to most folks because Jackson was expected to receive more minutes & provide more scoring off the bench. Danny was a starter - as he had been the whole season. There was no bull ultimatum for Jackson to admit Green - a starter or Manu (a future HOF'er) were better than him. God that's idiotic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last memory of him in a Spurs jersey? The season he went off on OKC in the playoffs was when the Spurs traded RJ for him at the deadline. He played almost another full season with the Spurs - ty by the way - before he was cut before the playoffs began. Manu was injured and the move came as a real surprise to most folks because Jackson was expected to receive more minutes & provide more scoring off the bench. Danny was a starter - as he had been the whole season. There was no bull ultimatum for Jackson to admit Green - a starter or Manu (a future HOF'er) were better than him. God that's idiotic.
    That's funny. I totally forgot about him playing more after the OKC series. But now that you mention, yeah that happened, didn't it? lol

Yeah, the ultimatum story is bull . Seems like Jax is salty and is doing whatever he can do get publicity. He's an idiot.

Thread Information