San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2013, SJ was great on offense.
    No. He was terrible on offense shooting 37% from the field and 27% from 3

2012–13 San Antonio 55 6 19.5 .373 .271 .700 2.8 1.5 .7 .3 6.2

Meanwhile, Danny shot 45% from the field and 43% from 3

2012–13 San Antonio 80 80 27.5 .448 .429 .848 3.1 1.8 1.2 .7 10.5

And Manu shot 43% from the field and 35% from 3

2012–13 San Antonio 60 0 23.2 .425 .353 .796 3.4 4.6 1.3 .2 11.
    Last edited by BillMc; 12-07-2019 at 04:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His argument was Pop barely played him during the year and when he did it was sporadic which did not allow him to get in rhythm. So basically the entire season was a hit job on him to later sign Tmac or whoever else.

But i don't buy it. He played for the Clippers the following year and was ass for them too. I think he is just salty he was not a part of the final 2 finals teams that the Spurs had.
    Winner winner chicken dinner. Stupidtacular is too moronic to understand that Jackson was a malcontent (just like in every other NBA stop he made) that likely bristled about lack of playing time and a major role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2013 Sjax was atrocious. Danny was better on both sides of the ball. People seem to forget how far Sjax had fallen by that point.

Agree, of course, on Manu. He never was better than Manu even in SJax's brief prime.
    Oh yeah, at that point Danny was better, but Sjax prime was far beyond Danny ever was. I know that isn't the point, but still is the truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, at that point Danny was better, but Sjax prime was far beyond Danny ever was. I know that isn't the point, but still is the truth.
    Yeah... no.

Prime Jack was a chucker and a major net-negative. Dude lived off his rep more than any other former Spur. Danny had multiple years better than Jack's best year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...02&idx=players

Unless you exclusively mean that Jack scored more points than Green did and on horrible efficiency, he was far below Green, not far beyond.

It always amazes me how some of the same people can hate DeRozan for posting empty stats and fetishize guys like Jack who messed up their teams on and off the court year in and year out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always liked Jax more for nostalgia than anything else, tbh... and he can say whatever, I'll be always thankful for the '03 ship, he was a huge part of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing breaking news. This will be the lead on ESPN all week!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always liked Jax more for nostalgia than anything else, tbh... and he can say whatever, I'll be always thankful for the '03 ship, he was a huge part of it.
    Unlike Porker tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike Porker tbh
    yup... same thing with Speedy Claxton, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Complete bull . Sjax was busted by Tim's Private Investigator having a sexual tryst with his then wife - Amy. The P.I. had been monitoring her in advance of Tim's filing for divorce so that he could have a favorable opportunity to keep custody of his kids. --> which I believe he accomplished. Most people know by now they split because she was cheating on him with her trainer but few knew she was also messing with Jackson. Jackson & his wife were friends with Tim and Amy. So much for that.

Tim had no love for Amy anymore but Jackson's betrayal couldn't fly. To this day, the only mystery is if Jackson was ever told the truth as to why he was really let go - especially so soon before the playoffs. One of the young, better assistant coaches - no longer with the team - let this information escape his drunk-ass mouth. That's the source.

On top of it all, none of Jackson's bull makes sense. Does he expect people to believe Pop asked him to admit in front of the team that anyone, much less a future HOF'er, was better than him so they could get their confidence up? You think Manu needed some trash ninja to admit he was better than him so he could feel more confident about his own play? Manu ing Ginobili? Manu was injured at that point and the team needed Jackson to contribute. Dude is a delusional crackhead. He was 35 years old, averaging 6 points in 20 minutes per game.
    Last edited by tmtcsc; 12-09-2019 at 11:17 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Complete bull . Sjax was busted by Tim's Private Investigator having a sexual tryst with his then wife - Amy. The P.I. had been monitoring her in advance of Tim's filing for divorce so that he could have a favorable opportunity to keep custody of his kids. --> which I believe he accomplished. Most people know by now they split because she was cheating on him with her trainer but few knew she was also messing with Jackson. Jackson & his wife were friends with Tim and Amy. So much for that.

Tim had no love for Amy anymore but Jackson's betrayal couldn't fly. To this day, the only mystery is if Jackson was ever told the truth as to why he was really let go - especially so soon before the playoffs. One of the young, better assistant coaches - no longer with the team - let this information escape his drunk-ass mouth. That's the source.

On top of it all, none of Jackson's bull makes sense. Does he expect people to believe Pop asked him to admit in front of the team that anyone, much less a future HOF'er, was better than him so they could get their confidence up? You think Manu needed some trash ninja to admit he was better than him so he could feel more confident about his own play? Manu ing Ginobili? Manu was injured at that point and the team needed Jackson to contribute. Dude is a delusional crackhead. He was 35 years old, averaging 6 points in 20 minutes per game.

I remember hearing a rumbling of this rumor when he first got cut. But it never ever came up again so I forgot about it. Crazy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of how good u think he was or whether u like him or not... Asking someone to do that is wrong and insane... I don't get why ppl think Pop needs to be defended at all costs... It's ok to call him put on bull ... He won't kill you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of how good u think he was or whether u like him or not... Asking someone to do that is wrong and insane... I don't get why ppl think Pop needs to be defended at all costs... It's ok to call him put on bull ... He won't kill you
    OK, you're a complete dumbass, but I'll explain it anyway. IT WAS A ING COVER STORY. POP NEVER DID OR SAID IT.

My guess is that it was concocted to protect Tim's kids from finding out what Amy was like at such a young age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of asking Jax to say something, it's far more likely Pop told him to sit down and shut up.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Tim had no love for Amy anymore but Jackson's betrayal couldn't fly. To this day, the only mystery is if Jackson was ever told the truth as to why he was really let go.
    Well damn....He and TP9 both some jackass homewreckers lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of asking Jax to say something, it's far more likely Pop told him to sit down and shut up.
    It was his last chance to show he is over himself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson Version 2 was slow and terrible, except for an occasional game where his irrational confidence would pay off. But the guy is so self-centered and void of reality that he is likely taking what Pop actually said and twisting it into something that Pop never said.

Like Pop probably said, "Stephen, I play Danny and Manu because they are better than you right now. We want you on our team and we think you can add toughness, but you can't disrupt our locker room by criticizing players that have done it for us all year. So you either need to stop the backbiting and messing with the team chemistry as we head to the playoffs and just admit that you are the 11th or 12th guy on this team, or we will need to cut you."

Jackson heard: "Green and Ginobili are better than you and you need to admit it to the whole team because if you don't, you are going to hurt their confidence in the playoffs."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Idk man why would Jackson be talking about Tony being a homrecker if he did that? Is he that crazy to be throwing stones from his glass house?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson Version 2 was slow and terrible, except for an occasional game where his irrational confidence would pay off. But the guy is so self-centered and void of reality that he is likely taking what Pop actually said and twisting it into something that Pop never said.

Like Pop probably said, "Stephen, I play Danny and Manu because they are better than you right now. We want you on our team and we think you can add toughness, but you can't disrupt our locker room by criticizing players that have done it for us all year. So you either need to stop the backbiting and messing with the team chemistry as we head to the playoffs and just admit that you are the 11th or 12th guy on this team, or we will need to cut you."

Jackson heard: "Green and Ginobili are better than you and you need to admit it to the whole team because if you don't, you are going to hurt their confidence in the playoffs."
    I'm guessing that's pretty close to how it went down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk man why would Jackson be talking about Tony being a homrecker if he did that? Is he that crazy to be throwing stones from his glass house?
    Can you supply a link to where he called Tony a homewrecker? I'm not being a smart-ass, I seriously couldn't find one. That would be super hypocritical if he did that. In fact, Jackson wasn't even on the team when the whole Brent Barry fiasco went down. Many NBA players are complete dogs and cheat on their wives but to mess with a teammate's wife is pretty de able and usually a game-changer in terms of said player remaining with the team. If TP wasn't such an integral part of the franchise, I'm certain he would have been moved. Perhaps the whole "sexting only" stance was pushed by the team to do damage control and let TP stay. I believe he went beyond sexting with Erin but I have zero proof and never heard a word about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well damn....He and TP9 both some jackass homewreckers lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you supply a link to where he called Tony a homewrecker? I'm not being a smart-ass, I seriously couldn't find one. That would be super hypocritical if he did that. In fact, Jackson wasn't even on the team when the whole Brent Barry fiasco went down. Many NBA players are complete dogs and cheat on their wives but to mess with a teammate's wife is pretty de able and usually a game-changer in terms of said player remaining with the team. If TP wasn't such an integral part of the franchise, I'm certain he would have been moved. Perhaps the whole "sexting only" stance was pushed by the team to do damage control and let TP stay. I believe he went beyond sexting with Erin but I have zero proof and never heard a word about it.
    Having trouble embedding but here it is.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B342sECl..._web_copy_link

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He forgot to mention that he was spending all his time in practice trying to humiliate them in front of the team and the coaching staff before this.
    this pretty much,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow! Thank you. This dude...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LMFAO! now THIS isnt true at ALL! but ok...carry on your narrative

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah... no.

Prime Jack was a chucker and a major net-negative. Dude lived off his rep more than any other former Spur. Danny had multiple years better than Jack's best year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...02&idx=players

Unless you exclusively mean that Jack scored more points than Green did and on horrible efficiency, he was far below Green, not far beyond.

It always amazes me how some of the same people can hate DeRozan for posting empty stats and fetishize guys like Jack who messed up their teams on and off the court year in and year out.
    This kind of. Lma is the king of empty stats. Derozan does a lot of good things that no one on the team does nor does the stat line show.

Thread Information