Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, the guy never was voted an all-star or an all-NBA player and his biggest accomplishment was hitting some threes against Dallas one year, which was made possible by having Tim on his team and Dallas leaving him wide open. Manu is an all time player and he has the votes to prove it. So Jackson is just coming off as bitter.

That said, do you think he will attend Manu's HOF induction? What about Tony Parker's HOF induction?
    I highly doubt he'll be invited to either possibly not even Timmy's induction, TBH. He's burned his bridge as badly Nephew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he took the one year pay cut hoping for a bigger payday the following year and it worked out. He made more than he ever would’ve with the Spurs.

I always thought Jax toughness was a big part of the loss to the Lakers the following year.
    No, replacing him with an "unconfident," petrified Hedo Turkoglu cost the Spurs in '04. If they had found a comparable player that was unafraid and capable of making high pressure shots they likely beat the Lakers in '04.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you watch the video, Captain Jack is saying it was an act of respect to get him to cut himself so the Spurs didn't have to and he could save face. But where this breaks down for me is that they wanted to bring in T-Mac who really wasn't better than him? It doesn't add up.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, replacing him with an "unconfident," petrified Hedo Turkoglu cost the Spurs in '04. If they had found a comparable player that was unafraid and capable of making high pressure shots they likely beat the Lakers in '04.
    The clock operator cost them in 04, tbh.

But I do agree it was a mistake to let Jackson go, though I'm not throwing any shade at Hedo. Love Hedo.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt he'll be invited to either possibly not even Timmy's induction, TBH. He's burned his bridge as badly Nephew.
    Depends on if Tim likes him that much or not. It's his induction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The clock operator cost them in 04, tbh.

But I do agree it was a mistake to let Jackson go, though I'm not throwing any shade at Hedo. Love Hedo.
    No, Parker, Horry & Turkoglu going cold or playing scared lost them the series.

That play was the pivotal moment but there was still another game played after. Turkoglu was a terrible fit and replacement for Jackson's arrogant, bitter ass. Too bad he didn't play like his time in Orlando where he had a lot more confidence and sense of what he could do in the NBA. Oh well......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on if Tim likes him that much or not. It's his induction.
    I doubt he'd invite someone who has bad mouthed his coach and two most important teammates (beside David Robinson).

Yeah, cause I recall seeing Jackson at Tim's jersey retirement ceremony. Oh wait.....

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Parker, Horry & Turkoglu going cold or playing scared lost them the series.

That play was the pivotal moment but there was still another game played after. Turkoglu was a terrible fit and replacement for Jackson's arrogant, bitter ass. Too bad he didn't play like his time in Orlando where he had a lot more confidence and sense of what he could do in the NBA. Oh well......
    Pop started a struggling Hedo in all six games of that series; and he gave him more minutes than Manu in Games 3 and 4 as the Lakers evened the series. He was a real brilliant coach back then, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you watch the video, Captain Jack is saying it was an act of respect to get him to cut himself so the Spurs didn't have to and he could save face. But where this breaks down for me is that they wanted to bring in T-Mac who really wasn't better than him? It doesn't add up.
    No, you idiot. He's trying to lay blame on the Spurs (and Pop) for why things ended here so poorly just like he did in Milwaukee, Charlotte, Indiana & Golden State.

He was likely cut because he was causing friction and complaining about playing time and his lack of a role. Anyone that would believe that a pro coach would ask a player to admit a teammate is better than him (in front of the entire team) is beyond stupid.

Like others have stated, Green & Ginobili (even in '13 & '14) were both far and away better than washed up Stephen Jackson.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt he'd invite someone who has bad mouthed his coach and two most important teammates (beside David Robinson).

Yeah, cause I recall seeing Jackson at Tim's jersey retirement ceremony. Oh wait.....
    Well, he might not want to sh** on his little buddy; but I doubt there's animosity there otherwise. I don't recall Jackson throwing shade at Timmy.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you idiot. He's trying to lay blame on the Spurs (and Pop) for why things ended here so poorly just like he did in Milwaukee, Charlotte, Indiana & Golden State.

He was likely cut because he was causing friction and complaining about playing time and his lack of a role. Anyone that would believe that a pro coach would ask a player to admit a teammate is better than him (in front of the entire team) is beyond stupid.

Like others have stated, Green & Ginobili (even in '13 & '14) were both far and away better than washed up Stephen Jackson.
    Watch the video again. Take some Tylenol for your mensies or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop started a struggling Hedo in all six games of that series; and he gave him more minutes than Manu in Games 3 and 4 as the Lakers evened the series. He was a real brilliant coach back then, too.
    Who else was he gonna go to idiot (other than playing Manu less minutes in two games)?

I know context isn't your strength (or logic, rationality, intelligence, etc.) but Hedo was a top 5 or 6 player on the team and a key piece (in theory). Anyone he would have turned to likely would have been worse even with how poorly Turkoglu played.

Anyway, why are you attempting to rehash something from 15 years ago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch the video again. Take some Tylenol for your mensies or something.
    You are just stupid, I understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he might not want to sh** on his little buddy; but I doubt there's animosity there otherwise. I don't recall Jackson throwing shade at Timmy.
    You truly are dumb as ! LMAO

SMDH

I'm done going back and forth with you, man......

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are just stupid, I understand.
    SJ said it was a ploy to get him to cut himself so that he could save face as the Spurs brought in T-Mac. That's clear as day. Seriously, rewatch the ing video if you even watched it at all.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You truly are dumb as ! LMAO

SMDH

I'm done going back and forth with you, man......
    Take some meds; breathe; relax. Geez, you're taking this way to seriously.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who else was he gonna go to idiot (other than playing Manu less minutes in two games)?

I know context isn't your strength (or logic, rationality, intelligence, etc.) but Hedo was a top 5 or 6 player on the team and a key piece (in theory). Anyone he would have turned to likely would have been worse even with how poorly Turkoglu played.

Anyway, why are you attempting to rehash something from 15 years ago?
    Okay, so Pop should've stuck with Hedo playing like sh** is now what you're arguing. I honestly don't need to counter your arguments if you're just gonna on yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's better than Danny, but he's never been better than Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's better than Danny, but he's never been better than Manu.
    2013 Sjax was atrocious. Danny was better on both sides of the ball. People seem to forget how far Sjax had fallen by that point.

Agree, of course, on Manu. He never was better than Manu even in SJax's brief prime.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    His argument was Pop barely played him during the year and when he did it was sporadic which did not allow him to get in rhythm. So basically the entire season was a hit job on him to later sign Tmac or whoever else.

But i don't buy it. He played for the Clippers the following year and was ass for them too. I think he is just salty he was not a part of the final 2 finals teams that the Spurs had.

2013 Sjax was atrocious. Danny was better on both sides of the ball. People seem to forget how far Sjax had fallen by that point.

Agree, of course, on Manu. He never was better than Manu even in SJax's brief prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack was a career net-negative, empty-calories player. He was a worse version of DeRozan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His career 3G %age? 33.3% what a gunner

I remember one commentator, something like "Jackson helps both teams"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...jacksst02.html

SJ's mouth is much bigger than his game and career
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-07-2019 at 03:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a dumbass AND a liar

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a dumbass AND a liar
    2013, SJ was great on offense. He seemed to always made timely basket when the team is struggling to get a bucket, but he suc on defense by allowing his man to blow by him on some occasion...unlike Demar and Bryn, which seems to be all the time lol.

2013 Manu struggled really bad. That was prolly one of the worst season i've seen Manu struggled. He missed timely basket and made costly turnovers when it matters down the stretch. 2009-2012 does not count since he was in and out of the lineup often.

2013 Green was great on defense but was terrible on offense. That seemed to be the same issue to this day lol.

So, SJ was correct on being better than Manu and Green. His offense was lighting opponents up. But, he should never gotten cut. He would helped us overcome 2013 Heat.

Thread Information