Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They've advertised a couple of shows that look pretty good. Anyone watching this?

I'd probably have subscribed by now but it's going to require me to upgrade my Fire TV if I want it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They've advertised a couple of shows that look pretty good. Anyone watching this?

I'd probably have subscribed by now but it's going to require me to upgrade my Fire TV if I want it.
    My gf got us Apple TV, she likes Servant and some show with Steve Carell.

I've seen a couple of episodes of Servant, it's okay. Follows the story of two parents trying to cope with the death of their baby. They hire a creepy nanny and weird starts happening. Nothing groundbreaking, typical Shyamalan . I'm just waiting for the twist at the end.

I wouldn't say you're missing anything.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My gf got us Apple TV, she likes Servant and some show with Steve Carell.

I've seen a couple of episodes of Servant, it's okay. Follows the story of two parents trying to cope with the death of their baby. They hire a creepy nanny and weird starts happening. Nothing groundbreaking, typical Shyamalan . I'm just waiting for the twist at the end.

I wouldn't say you're missing anything.
    That was actually the show that got me wondering about it. Gracias. I'm not going to mess with it for now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That was actually the show that got me wondering about it. Gracias. I'm not going to mess with it for now.
    Yeah you're better off waiting since I know you like to binge. They release an episode per week Mandalorian style.

Just stick to Link's Awakening for now. I'm gonna get that and your goose game

Since we're out of the fantasy playoffs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah you're better off waiting since I know you like to binge. They release an episode per week Mandalorian style.

Just stick to Link's Awakening for now. I'm gonna get that and your goose game

Since we're out of the fantasy playoffs
    ...we got a date for the consolation finals.

I gave up on Link's Awakening. I took about 2 weeks off and then started it again and couldn't remember what the I was supposed to be doing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    But what about Charlie Brown in outer space

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Torrent the shows or find them online and save yourself the hassle that comes with dealing with apple products.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    But what about Charlie Brown in outer space
    what about setting your fantasy lineup!?!? LOL...you handed Trill a bye.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    what about setting your fantasy lineup!?!? LOL...you handed Trill a bye.
    You could have told me something. I gave up weeks ago.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You could have told me something. I gave up weeks ago.
    Well the first week I noticed, it was against me so I didn't say anything. The next week I was out of the playoffs so I really didn't care.
    But it does kind of up things for those still playing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well the first week I noticed, it was against me so I didn't say anything. The next week I was out of the playoffs so I really didn't care.
    But it does kind of up things for those still playing.
    Ironically Blake's team eliminated me from playoff contention

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ironically Blake's team eliminated me from playoff contention
    Damn. Of his three wins, you and I are two of them. We don’t deserve the playoffs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It's not like I had scrubs lined up.

We can discuss in NFL forum about my other league that does a toilet bowl playoff for the bottom half of league to keep everyone playing and interested

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's not like I had scrubs lined up.

We can discuss in NFL forum about my other league that does a toilet bowl playoff for the bottom half of league to keep everyone playing and interested
    In the last two weeks of the season, you started multiple players on byes and that were injured.
    It's just common courtesy to at least check and set your lineup.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    In the last two weeks of the season, you started multiple players on byes and that were injured.
    It's just common courtesy to at least check and set your lineup.
    And then go check the free agent list and pick up guys to start for those injured/bye week guys. Which would screw someone else that might want the players I just picked up.

And for what? I'm out.

I've been through this in many a league since the dawn of FF. The best thing to do to avoid this is a consolation bowl for the bottom feeders.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And then go check the free agent list and pick up guys to start for those injured/bye week guys. Which would screw someone else that might want the players I just picked up.

And for what? I'm out.

I've been through this in many a league since the dawn of FF. The best thing to do to avoid this is a consolation bowl for the bottom feeders.
    LOl..what??? All you had to do was swab bench players for your injured guys.

Sorry, but that's a ty at ude to have in a money league. You pretty much guaranteed wins to your last two opponents and ed other people in the process.
    I was the beneficiary of a free win and even I would have rather you played it out.

And by the way, there is a consolation bracket in the league.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think people who used to play a lot of FF can relate. At my peak, I'd run 4+ teams, money leagues and casual. If a team was hopeless, I'd go into DGAF mode and pretty much stopped logging in to those dead teams.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think people who used to play a lot of FF can relate. At my peak, I'd run 4+ teams, money leagues and casual. If a team was hopeless, I'd go into DGAF mode and pretty much stopped logging in to those dead teams.
    It's just too easy to take one minute and set a lineup. If I'm eliminated, I don't really give a either but I do make sure I'm not screwing things up for people still playing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    LOl..what??? All you had to do was swab bench players for your injured guys.

Sorry, but that's a ty at ude to have in a money league. You pretty much guaranteed wins to your last two opponents and ed other people in the process.
    I was the beneficiary of a free win and even I would have rather you played it out.

And by the way, there is a consolation bracket in the league.
    So I [potentially] two people I don't know in place of two other people I don't know out of money I'll never get.

Is there money in the consolation bracket? I wasn't aware

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It's just too easy to take one minute and set a lineup. If I'm eliminated, I don't really give a either but I do make sure I'm not screwing things up for people still playing.
    You can't say you don't really give a and then give me a hard time for really not giving a who wins/loses if it's not me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You can't say you don't really give a and then give me a hard time for really not giving a who wins/loses if it's not me.

I guess I misspoke. I give enough of a not to be a total asshole to other guys in the league.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So I [potentially] two people I don't know in place of two other people I don't know out of money I'll never get.

Is there money in the consolation bracket? I wasn't aware
    Of course there's no money in the consolation bracket. You actually play in a league where that's a thing?
    Do they also give out a cool participation ribbon that you can wear on your blouse all year?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Of course there's no money in the consolation bracket. You actually play in a league where that's a thing?
    Do they also give out a cool participation ribbon that you can wear on your blouse all year?
    Yeah I actually play in a league with consolation money. It keeps guys like you from complaining about lack of participation or other guys teaming up by cutting players so the other guy still playing can get on waiver.

It's about 1/3 the entry fee and we have a Toilet Bowl trophy to go with it. It's the best league I'm in.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Really depends on the amount of time on your hands. I used to subscribe to that same theory. But life is life, it's trivial when you're busy and it becomes "out of sight, out of mind". Beyond following the rules and common human decency, there is nothing else that should be considered "courtesy".

Dallas will land a playoff spot most likely with a losing record. They should surrender that spot out of common decency and courtesy, but they wont. They don't have to.

Whiny Girl Syndrome...definite sign of addiction to inferior audio.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I actually play in a league with consolation money. It keeps guys like you from complaining about lack of participation or other guys teaming up by cutting players so the other guy still playing can get on waiver.

It's about 1/3 the entry fee and we have a Toilet Bowl trophy to go with it. It's the best league I'm in.
    so $33 is what it takes for you to give a . That’s funny.

Thread Information