Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop was a good coach who had great players. Key word is "was". What kept Pop from being a great coach was his rotations. All those rings were because of great players and a good coach. Right now we have neither.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not a scrub, but he does play scurred a lot. He was dribbling around, doing nothing, not attacking like he did last game. That got him the hook. At the end of his second stint, Pop had some sharp words for him, and I knew he was done for the night.
    Was it he hurled that 3 pointer instead of passing? But Lonnie should take control and just let it fly. That’s his game. He needs to continue attacking the rim, same as White/Murray. They’re so athletic, it’s tragic they waste dribbling around too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    walker the 40th is an overhyped scrub

wake up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would recognize that I have a super athletic player who has significantly improved his game and I wouldn't be pulling this leave him out of the rotation bull . That's how it works everywhere else. What makes you think Gregg is so special?
    because being super athletic is all it takes to succeed in the NBA? By gawd you guys are highly overrating Lonnie. He didn’t do anything with the minutes he got against the Kings. He had ONE good game where he was hot and he got extra minutes so the hot hand could be feed but other than that he’s shown mere flashes in between being mediocre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because being super athletic is all it takes to succeed in the NBA? By gawd you guys are highly overrating Lonnie. He didn’t do anything with the minutes he got against the Kings. He had ONE good game where he was hot and he got extra minutes so the hot hand could be feed but other than that he’s shown mere flashes in between being mediocre.
    yup pretty much

walker is a low iq choker

his ceiling is andre roberson

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Pop was a good coach who had great players. Key word is "was". What kept Pop from being a great coach was his rotations. All those rings were because of great players and a good coach. Right now we have neither.
    That's always been his weakness IMO. More specifically, always having a fetish for that one guy that everyone knows is a scrub yet continually playing him big minutes because "veteran savvy" i.e. Matt Bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you just throw him out there, he’ll eventually turn into Ben Mclemore, a journeyman already at age 26. He’s super athletic, and has a nice 3 pointer. Sound familiar? He also never got an extension, signed with Memphis, got traded back to Sacto with another player and some cash for Garrett Temple and is now with Houston. He’s playing less than gleague find Daniel House, and is only playing at all because Gordon is out until New Years.

THATS what happens when you fail to develop players properly, and just throw them out there. Ben played 164 games his first two seasons. He played 19 before Sacto waived him last February.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    guess why he does that? Pop neutered him...not the guy is afraid to take over the game offensively like he used to at the beginning of the season
    Murray has had trouble with his drives to the rim since his rookie season. You can’t blame it all on the coaches.
    Last edited by donaldsonian; 12-07-2019 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Add quote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you just throw him out there, he’ll eventually turn into Ben Mclemore, a journeyman already at age 26. He’s super athletic, and has a nice 3 pointer. Sound familiar? He also never got an extension, signed with Memphis, got traded back to Sacto with another player and some cash for Garrett Temple and is now with Houston. He’s playing less than gleague find Daniel House, and is only playing at all because Gordon is out until New Years.

THATS what happens when you fail to develop players properly, and just throw them out there. Ben played 164 games his first two seasons. He played 19 before Sacto waived him last February.
    This, and it was said about him before the draft, Lonnie lacks discipline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    guess why he does that? Pop neutered him...not the guy is afraid to take over the game offensively like he used to at the beginning of the season
    Isn't your best friend Timmy on the coaching staff?

Just stop with what Pop neutered and what he didn't, capische? You know , other than your man love for neph clouded your judgement about all else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao so you think just putting any coach out there and they win? You’re not just an emotional woman but also a special kind of dumb
    Coahing is overrated at the pro level. Players make the coaches

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but but but I was told Pop's tough love is what suddenly made him a premier player in this league... sniff sniff
    He's not a franchise player yet, he has to bench him some more to make him reach his full potential

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Walker is being too assertive out there. He has to be aggressive on offense, that's when he had his best games. But that's also partly on Pop, cause he always gets in his players heads with all that move the ball stuff. Even LaMarcus was scared to shoot sometimes when he first got here. Bryn Forbes and Belinelli have the green light to chuck up anything though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is passive out there; that's the byproduct of being slapped over and over. You got to trust your player if you want him to succeed. It honestly boggles my mind that someone of Gregg's experience patently doesn't understand this.
    Could you please provide a reference of your coaching experience on here? I've got a sinking su ion that you don't know what the you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gee, no , really? Show me a list of NBA coaches that won championships without great players? Phil Jackson, Erik Spoelstra?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not a very good coach; it's not about hating him.
    sure, that's why he is the best to ever do it by pretty much everyone but you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gee, no , really? Show me a list of NBA coaches that won championships without great players? Phil Jackson, Erik Spoelstra?
    Coaching in the NBA tends to be overrated compared to other sports. It's more about the players than the coach in the NBA. Lebron especially proved this when he won with Ty Lue in Cleveland. There was a period during the early '00s where Riley quit being a coach because he couldn't win with the talent he had. Riley then came back as the coach of heat once they had both Shaq/Wade and suddenly he was great again when only a few years earlier he was considered washed up. Phil Jackson was garbage from '05-'07 when the Lakers were low seed first round and out team. Lakers get Gasol and suddenly he goes back to being the great Zen Master again.

90 percent of the success when it comes to winning is the players. I only give coaching 10 percent and that has to with them dictating subs utions, match ups. Right now Pop is sucking with the subs utions ala playing Belli when he shouldn't be out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaching in the NBA tends to be overrated compared to other sports. It's more about the players than the coach in the NBA. Lebron especially proved this when he won with Ty Lue in Cleveland. There was a period during the early '00s where Riley quit being a coach because he couldn't win with the talent he had. Riley then came back as the coach of heat once they had both Shaq/Wade and suddenly he was great again when only a few years earlier he was considered washed up. Phil Jackson was garbage from '05-'07 when the Lakers were low seed first round and out team. Lakers get Gasol and suddenly he goes back to being the great Zen Master again.

90 percent of the success when it comes to winning is the players
    . I only give coaching 10 percent and that has to with them dictating subs utions, match ups. Right now Pop is sucking with the subs utions ala playing Belli when he shouldn't be out there.
    Exactly. And how coincidental is it that Pop's coaching is becoming more and more questionable since the big 3 got old and Leonard forced his way out of town?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    90 percent of the success when it comes to winning is the players. ...
    Which means 90% of the success is gained through roster building. No argument on that from me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a word for before you cherry pick. Context.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a word for before you cherry pick. Context.
    If you can't understand what the absence of the big 3 and Leonard has had on Pop and this team, I can't help you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Sniffers out in full force today

Poopab*tch can take a dump in your mouth and you'd still call it gourmet meal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, let's use one example of one guy that played early and flamed out to justify Poop. There's probably no examples out there of players that played early and turned out fine.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sniffers out in full force today

Poopab*tch can take a dump in your mouth and you'd still call it gourmet meal

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is holding back the Spurs like Mark Jackson was holding back the young warriors before he rightfully got fired

Thread Information