San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...eim-least-2050

Angels In Anaheim Through 2050 / 2065

Development of the surrounding land, which will be done in concert with the city, is estimated to begin in 2025. An appraiser recently valued the 153 acres at up to $325 million with the stadium and up to $475 million without the stadium, but the city contends that it will see a significant increase in property and sales tax revenue from the development of hotels, shops and restaurants around a stadium that has sold at least 3 million tickets for 17 consecutive seasons. The Angels have retained the services of HKS Architects, which designed the Minnesota Vikings' new NFL stadium and has advised the Los Angeles Dodgers on their renovations. Under the agreement, the Angels must maintain 12,500 parking spaces, which would eventually require the construction of a parking structure. Angel Stadium opened its doors in 1966 and is older than every stadium in baseball except Wrigley Field in Chicago, Fenway Park in Boston and Dodger Stadium in L.A. The current lease was agreed on in 1996, when Disney owned the team. Moreno has sought full control over the stadium since he assumed ownership in 2003 and has intermittently flirted with relocation when negotiations with the city stalled.
    In the meantime, the city of Long Beach proposed a potential waterfront ballpark in hopes of luring the Angels. But a new stadium would reportedly cost more than $1 billion and wouldn't be ready before the 2025 season. With the Dec. 31 deadline on their current lease looming, the Angels became hyper-focused on negotiations with Anaheim in November.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gerit Cole and Stephen Strasburg could make the Angels compe ive again.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/12/0...-face-meeting/

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Property value w/o stadium: 475 Million
    Property value w/stadium: 325 Million and sell it to Arte Moreno

SMH

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/12/0...r-325-million/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Landed Rendon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Al Bundy could well surprise.

Wonder if they went after Korean dude who just signed with St. Louis.

Need at least one other starting pitcher.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently an elite third baseman. But I thought the left side of our infield was okay already. We still are going to suck without some starting pitching.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

10. Los Angeles Angels: Reid Detmers, LHP, Louisville
    Who is Detmers? A polished lefty who pounds the strike zone, Detmers works off a low-90s fastball but has a plus curveball, a plus changeup and excellent feel for the art of pitching. His fastball plays up because he hides it well, and he fanned 167 in 113⅓ innings last year and was dominant in his four outings in 2020, with 46 K's in 22 innings. He might be more about a high floor than a high ceiling, but he could move quickly through the minors
    Why the Angels took him here: No surprise with this pick, as the Angels had been tied to a college arm all along and Detmers might be the safest pitcher in the draft. He might not have the upside of some of the high-velocity arms, but given the Angels didn't have a single pitcher make even 20 starts last season, they need a workhorse who can chew up innings. Detmers also is advanced enough that with the expanded rosters we expect to see this season in the majors, he could make an immediate impact for the Angels. -- Schoenfield
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...sis-highlights

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Madoon Popovich was a bad hire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why was Joe Maddon jettisoned by Cubs? Theo Epstein spells out some clues

https://chicago.suntimes.com/cubs/20...s-theo-epstein

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Madoon Popovich was a bad hire.
    Maybe more like Tryonn Lue, tbh. One chip and back to mediocrity.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why was Joe Maddon jettisoned by Cubs? Theo Epstein spells out some clues

https://chicago.suntimes.com/cubs/20...s-theo-epstein
    Theo Epstein is over-rated in his own right.

But some teams have especially terrible general management. Angels have went to trash. They can't even get a decent starter let alone build a solid starting rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you MLB watchers familiar with the Angels, has Maddon reached Pop levels of incompetency? I mean really.

Spurty you mentioned starting pitchers. Oh the acquiring of Al Bundy was an excellent move. Tonight is now at the least the 2nd excellent game he has pitched only to have Magoo Maddon Popovich blow the out of a lock win. Midnight has mentioned how in years past Maddon tried to get all cutesly with the Cubs lineups and blew the out of many sure wins there too. It's not only the same , Maddoon has gotten worse if that is possible. Similarities with Cubs stacked lineups and Poop also fit.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you MLB watchers familiar with the Angels, has Maddon reached Pop levels of incompetency? I mean really.

Spurty you mentioned starting pitchers. Oh the acquiring of Al Bundy was an excellent move. Tonight is now at the least the 2nd excellent game he has pitched only to have Magoo Maddon Popovich blow the out of a lock win. Midnight has mentioned how in years past Maddon tried to get all cutesly with the Cubs lineups and blew the out of many sure wins there too. It's not only the same , Maddoon has gotten worse if that is possible. Similarities with Cubs stacked lineups and Poop also fit.
    Tyler Skaggs (who OD'd), who would've been a 5th starter on most teams, was our ace by virtue of nobody (not injured) being better. We were calling up mediocre pitchers not far removed from Class A ball. It was pretty sad. So many bad GM decisions that it wasn't even worth trading for more viable band aids. I don't know if we'll have a good enough staff before Trout has left his prime.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Otahni looking great, throwing 97 mph per BSPN article.

Agent said he spent offseason changing diet, working out, studying to see where he can improve.

Thread Information