Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can replace her with Manu or TP, tbh. Imagine The Big 3 taking over the coaching staff! Come on, Manu, you know you can't stay away! Oh...forgot Barry is still in the organization. Sorry, TP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... don't want to read too much in
    into this, but could there be trouble in Spurs paradise? Could she be unhappy and would like to leave the team, or perhaps she may know that the torch will not be passed to her, either soon or not at all? Besides, taking that Knicks job would be suicide for anyone tbh. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't understand the infatuation I see from a lot of fans online with Hammon. She's never been a head coach apart from one summer league stint and that merits taking the reigns of this team? This is a destination coaching position that should attract far better candidates. Not saying she can't be successful but she shouldn't be the first choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't understand the infatuation I see from a lot of fans online with Hammon. She's never been a head coach apart from one summer league stint and that merits taking the reigns of this team? This is a destination coaching position that should attract far better candidates. Not saying she can't be successful but she shouldn't be the first choice.
    She's better than half the league. There's plenty of former NBA players who become head coaches without prior experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lesbian female too tbh (non-binary too?). Only thing that would make the firing worse is if she was a Muslim African American lesbian female coach tbh.
    Is she a lesbian?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , It's only ST where the Spurs organization is considered incompetent. They're actually still well respected outside of here.

It's true. I went over to everyonebutspurstalk.com and they all think the organization is perfect. Even their W/L record this season gets much respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is she a lesbian?

Brenda millano says hi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am rooting for Becky to leave the Spurs staff for the Knicks job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd hate to see Becky go, as she knows the team well. I've also always hoped she'd be the first woman coach in the NBA. Anyone that's ever listened to her speak can recognise her intellect and love of basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stfu your over here trying to force pop out for becky hammond!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're an AC in the NBA & fortunate enough to be offered 1 of 30 jobs in the world, you take it. Putting demands of a long term deal on the table when you really haven't done just makes this more ridiculous. Whatever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think she's actually good at coaching?

The only results I see is Spurs coaching regressing after she was promoted. Probably it's not her fault. But it's more telling than Summer League stint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is like the siccorsister version of Rachel (becks) and Monica (Brenda)

Wasn't she dating Tony back in the day?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no coach in the world can help the knicks. they need to get rid of every single person on the roster and all the guys that run that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The report/tweet from JabariY says she is interested. In the Express-News this morning it said she is interested if it is a long term deal. When I first read this without paying attention to the reporting being she is the one interested, I thought man the Knicks are really pissed at the Spurs, first the Marcus Morris heist, now they want to poach an assistant coach mid-season.

If she goes, maybe Pop could bring in Fiz as her replacement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the knicks are in a tough spot. They tanked and have a meh return from it. So they flip around and try to win with a big FA haul but realize no one likes them and then scramble to make a team. Some have speculated that the Morris signing and other vets are just trade chips and they will return to tank since the FA class isn't great this year. Fizdale is not a tank/growth coach. He's a cheerleader type.

Fizdale is the easiest person to fire rather than admit Dolan messed up. hiring becky as a "the process" type coach would be fine. She'd also be their biggest celebrity to sell tickets.

If they do fire becky then she probably gets another assistant position pretty soon. As risk management goes, it's pretty risk free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s get one thing out on the table: NO ONE WANTS THE KNICKS JOB, BECAUSE THE ORGANIZATION IS A DUMPSTER FIRE. That’s been true for twenty years. You might say “but they’ve had coaches for the last twenty years!”. That’s true, but no one hired on because it’s the Knicks. Maybe, like Becky, they want to live in NY. Maybe it’s their first shot at the big chair. Maybe they want to get back into the game like D’Antoni or Woodson. Maybe they need the money. No one accepts the job thinking “OMG, it’s the Knicks!” They will not attract any top candidates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're an AC in the NBA & fortunate enough to be offered 1 of 30 jobs in the world, you take it. Putting demands of a long term deal on the table when you really haven't done just makes this more ridiculous. Whatever.
    Except that she reportedly turned down the opportunity to interview for one of the open coaching positions last offseason.

Does strike me as a bit odd that she's now open to an interview because it hints at one of two things: she now has reason to believe she's not going to get the job when Pop leaves or there might be some tensions in place now that were not last offseason.

Or there's just the possibility that the opportunity to coach in NY is too good to pass up and none of the prior cir stances were at play.

I do have a sense that she felt a bit of offense not being given clear authority when Pop got tossed the other day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that she reportedly turned down the opportunity to interview for one of the open coaching positions last offseason.

Does strike me as a bit odd that she's now open to an interview because it hints at one of two things: she now has reason to believe she's not going to get the job when Pop leaves or there might be some tensions in place now that were not last offseason.

Or there's just the possibility that the opportunity to coach in NY is too good to pass up and none of the prior cir stances were at play.

I do have a sense that she felt a bit of offense not being given clear authority when Pop got tossed the other day.
    You sound like Glenn Beck. She’s ALWAYS loved living in NY, to the point where she thought about doing it even when the liberty traded her to the Silver Stars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sound like Glenn Beck. She’s ALWAYS loved living in NY, to the point where she thought about doing it even when the liberty traded her to the Silver Stars.
    Huh? Glenn Beck? That dude can't see past his nose before he sees or makes up a conspiracy. And he's a right wing wacko.

I gave three very well reasoned ideas INCLUDING the idea that perhaps NY was just too good to overlook.

Tell me where I'm wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cluster that was the failure to have an AC in place when Crater got ejected have anything to do with this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the Becky loves NY stuff is overblown since she's been in SA for like 10yrs or so. I mean, if she hated SA she could have moved to another assistant position easily. Granted, under POP the assistant position in SA is better than the rest,

Going forward there's really no reason to think the SA job is that great. No talent, new GM, no free agents, etc.

There are reasons to think that SA would be less likely to fire a coach based on poor performance, but we haven't seen SA tank and how they would treat a non-pop coach. Prior to POP we canned coaches as much as any one, and the franchise that hired Tarkanian should have pause in calling itself the premiere coaching franchise.

The reasons to stay at SA would be faith in draft skills, less pressure, and familiarity. But oddly, San Antonio may actually more pressure than NY because the fans are so spoiled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the Becky loves NY stuff is overblown since she's been in SA for like 10yrs or so. I mean, if she hated SA she could have moved to another assistant position easily. Granted, under POP the assistant position in SA is better than the rest,

Going forward there's really no reason to think the SA job is that great. No talent, new GM, no free agents, etc.

There are reasons to think that SA would be less likely to fire a coach based on poor performance, but we haven't seen SA tank and how they would treat a non-pop coach. Prior to POP we canned coaches as much as any one, and the franchise that hired Tarkanian should have pause in calling itself the premiere coaching franchise.

The reasons to stay at SA would be faith in draft skills, less pressure, and familiarity. But oddly, San Antonio may actually more pressure than NY because the fans are so spoiled.
    Excellent points. Can't disagree with any of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope she gives a verbal agreement. Asks them to make a bunch of FO and player moves....and then reneges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope she gives a verbal agreement. Asks them to make a bunch of FO and player moves....and then reneges.
    Gifts their best players to SA, then reneges.

Thread Information