Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gifts their best players to SA, then reneges.
    But do the Knicks have any good players?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that she reportedly turned down the opportunity to interview for one of the open coaching positions last offseason.

Does strike me as a bit odd that she's now open to an interview because it hints at one of two things: she now has reason to believe she's not going to get the job when Pop leaves or there might be some tensions in place now that were not last offseason.

Or there's just the possibility that the opportunity to coach in NY is too good to pass up and none of the prior cir stances were at play.

I do have a sense that she felt a bit of offense not being given clear authority when Pop got tossed the other day.
    Maybe she just sees the writing on the wall with TD being there...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But do the Knicks have any good players?
    They have a player or two I wouldn't mind, but you actually bring up an interesting issue I have pondered. Would the Spurs entertain a trade for Marcus Morris if the Knicks made him available?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe she just sees the writing on the wall with TD being there...
    I don't think there is any writing on the wall. I think the dominant ST narrative is probably true: Tim just came along for Pop's last ride. I don't think Tim has ever expressed interest in coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have a player or two I wouldn't mind, but you actually bring up an interesting issue I have pondered. Would the Spurs entertain a trade for Marcus Morris if the Knicks made him available?
    I wouldn't want Morris on the team again. Even if it would improve us short term. Dude burned a bridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want Morris on the team again. Even if it would improve us short term. Dude burned a bridge.
    I wouldn't either. And I seriously doubt Pop would. But the question has entered my mind because I believe the Knicks are about to make wholesale changes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't either. And I seriously doubt Pop would. But the question has entered my mind because I believe the Knicks are about to make wholesale changes.
    Agreed. Pop wouldn't take Morris back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Pop wouldn't take Morris back.
    Would the Spurs even do a deal with the Knicks as a trade partner? Or vice versa?

If the Knicks had a fire sale, I wouldn't mind Julius Randle. And I once thought Bobby Portis was going to be a very good player. I think he still has some upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue will be if millionaire male black athletes will respect and listen to a white female lesbian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure would like to know where she truely fits in on Pops Pets and rotations.
    Difference between being a yes man suck up and enduring a company and presidents idiocy because you need to keep your job.

Which is it with her?

And above yes Pau Gasofts glowing opinion is meaningless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky seemed good coaching Kyle and Jonothan in summer league. Beyond that, I don't now how anybody can have much of an opinion. Not much evidence either way.

The bigger question is what kind of hire can the Spurs aim for when Pop steps aside? I think there are too many variables to know whether the HC of the Spurs would be seen as a plum or a prune. If Pop leaves the bench but stays on as GM, that's one thing. I don't think many really good coaches want to come to a team and have their fading but legendary predecessor still in a position to make personnel decisions or even just to look over their shoulder. But if a whole new regime is installed, then that's a different opportunity.

The roster would also be important. If a new coach would have the opportunity to assume control of the current roster, then he has an opportunity to make a pretty good splash in the personnel department, which could be pretty attractive to an incoming coach. But if Pop deals assets now it will be critical whether he deals for future assets or shackles the team with more win-now players on contracts that still have 2-4 years to run. Having some future assets could be attractive to a new HC, but being shackled with a bunch of longer term contracts for guys that were handpicked by Pop might not have much appeal - depends on what players Pop might bring in.

I think the best case scenario for the Spurs is to make a regime change now during this lost season. There are some trade/personnel opportunities on this team NOW, and those might entice a more attractive successor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason SPURS coaches and front office guys are coveted in the NBA is an organization that has been in the HOLE status for some time want that spurs "Culture" and Shine. Problem is, no way JD and the Straight Shot Allow for it. You'd elevate somebody off the current staff and then go after whomever gets canned first Bud or Brett Brown. The elevated guy may be a savant but you can wait out the inevitable with Brown or Bud and you have a 50% change of getting either one.
    So, are you suggesting that the Spurs should just elevate somebody currently on staff to be a placeholder until Bud or Brett becomes available?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope she gives a verbal agreement. Asks them to make a bunch of FO and player moves....and then reneges.
    Whenever I see one of your posts I think 'Flour Power' and I don't know why!!??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The easy part would be hiring Becky to be your head coach. The hard part would be having to fire her. The negative press would be crushing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whenever I see one of your posts I think 'Flour Power' and I don't know why!!??
    Peace and Love bro. And some flour power too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is she a lesbian?
    Absolutely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peace and Love bro. And some flour power too!
    You know Bill!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the old 'screw me once shame on you......screw me twice...'

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there is any writing on the wall. I think the dominant ST narrative is probably true: Tim just came along for Pop's last ride. I don't think Tim has ever expressed interest in coaching.
    If Pop, god forbid, got hit by bus tomorrow, do you think they wouldn't at least off Tim a courtesy of first refusal? Franchise legends ... create unfair expectations both for themselves and others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can replace her with Manu or TP, tbh. Imagine The Big 3 taking over the coaching staff! Come on, Manu, you know you can't stay away! Oh...forgot Barry is still in the organization. Sorry, TP.
    Is his wife somewhere around? It can work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s get one thing out on the table: NO ONE WANTS THE KNICKS JOB, BECAUSE THE ORGANIZATION IS A DUMPSTER FIRE. ... They will not attract any top candidates.
    Ho ho, are you ever mistaken. The Knicks will get 1000 applications. Or more. One very simple reason.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Read it that each of those dollar signs is worth a million $, and that is how much the Knicks agreed to pay Fizzy. Since he was fired, the Knicks still owe him the full amount. $22 million.

The Knicks organization may be smoldering in the dumpster, but their money spends the same as from anyplace else. You think it's just about basketball. Nope.

Becky should demand more than Fizdale was paid. At least 4 yrs and $24 million. If the Knicks say ok, she should damn sure take it.

Heck, she wouldn't even have to coach if she didn't want to. Hire some nuts & bolts guy as assistant h.c. and let him run the team while she does media interviews. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop, god forbid, got hit by bus tomorrow, do you think they wouldn't at least off Tim a courtesy of first refusal? Franchise legends ... create unfair expectations both for themselves and others.
    In your hypothetical, I would not be surprised if Tim agreed to become the interim HC. But in a less dramatic scenario, those discussions/offers would go on behind closed doors, as all Spurs matters are. I would expect the discussions to be short with Tim giving a prompt, succinct "Thanks, but no thanks."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think very few people would turn down an offer to coach the Knicks, despite the obvious issues. First of all, it pays extremely well and gets you maximum exposure. If you somehow achieve some wins, you're a miracle worker, and if you don't, everyone will think you didn't have a shot anyway because you were handcuffed by the worst run organization in the NBA. If you're fired before your contract is up-- a legitimate possibility-- you get paid millions to be retired. Landing an NBA coaching job is a big deal, even if it is with a notoriously bad team. Guys like Patrick Ewing have spent decades trying to land NBA head coach positions, and are still looking...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please take her!

Thread Information