Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/k...ch-per-report/

Kansas coach Bill Self seen as possible Spurs replacement for Gregg Popovich, per report

The Spurs are undoubtedly getting their post-Pop plans in place, and in a recent piece by Sam Amick and John Hollinger of The Athletic, it was noted that Kansas coach Bill Self is seen as a possible replacement whenever that times comes.

From The Athletic:

As of now, a source said Popovich has given no indication to the organization that he won't be back next season. Yet whenever he steps away, whether it's after he coaches Team USA in the Tokyo Olympics this summer or sometime thereafter, there's one name that continues to come up from league sources as a possible replacement: Bill Self, the longtime Kansas coach and close friend of Spurs general manager R.C. Buford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should do better than Becky (first year as head assistant) as a Pop replacement this year or next year. This should be one of the premiere places to coach in the world, period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should do better than Becky (first year as head assistant) as a Pop replacement this year or next year. This should be one of the premiere places to coach in the world, period.
    Why? Following a legend can be intimidating. And San Antonio may not be the most attractive city to multimillionaire sports figures - players or coaches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Following a legend can be intimidating. And San Antonio may not be the most attractive city to multimillionaire sports figures - players or coaches.
    Well, our young guys look pretty good. We have made the playoffs 22 straight seasons, 5 championships, Spurs have shown the loyalty and flexibility to give their coaches a lot of freedom with their choices. Despite all the negative talk here, SA Spurs are one of the best run organizations in the history of sports period! Our bar for head coach should be extremely high. Becky can be one of the candidates but I am willing to bet there will be a long list of highly qualified candidates.
    Last edited by SpursDynasty85; 12-09-2019 at 04:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want Morris on the team again. Even if it would improve us short term. Dude burned a bridge.
    So if the Knicks pick up the phone and say we need shooting, Morris for Patty Mills, you don't do it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if the Knicks pick up the phone and say we need shooting, Morris for Patty Mills, you don't do it?
    No, I'll pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mah Becky ain't doing that.

Thread Information