My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...cember-7-2019/

tl;dr: Marco is still alive and kicking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too late; didn't read

JK. Marco.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too late; didn't read

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to think more and more the Spurs are content with their current roster and will try and ride it out for the year instead of making much-needed changes on the 15th...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to think more and more the Spurs are content with their current roster and will try and ride it out for the year instead of making much-needed changes on the 15th...
    Yep. I really don't want PATFO making those moves, any way. I want the first change to be at HC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About 8mins to go in the second quarter, Walker hits a jumper. Pop is livid with Forbes for something. A minute or so after the time out, Forbes gets benched and doesn't get much playing time after that.

If DD continues to hit 3s, it's time Forbes gets benched for someone, anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks as always for the grades.
    Seems like the Spurs are all of a sudden competing at a higher level and while they still do not look like serious pretenders their uptick in play makes this Spurs fan happy.

Imagine if the two young PGs played at a higher level? White’s results are concerning. I think his feet are hurting him. Murray has so much potential but he is such a bonehead at times. Murray off a pick and rising up and making a shot like the game winner is a go to move and he can step up in influence if he makes that at a high percentage.

I been hard on DDR in the past. I concede his play as of late has been much better. He seems to be trying on D.

Thanks again for the article about the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh this was a great game for Beli to play. Pop stuck him on Ariza who just stands in the corner. Beli’s lack of D was not exposed cause all he had to do was stand in the corner with Trevor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge got away with a moving screen on the Marco 3 and Murray got away with a push in that last 10 second scramble. Belinelli looked surprising alert on defense for a change. And Patty is low-key one of the most durable Spurs ever.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That steal from Mills was all due to Joseph being laser focused on Murray stripping him again. This is why Murray needs to playing more. He just creates havoc out there even though he can be out of control at times. The good far outweighs the bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades! Had to laugh at the opening sentence, though I can't say I disagreed. I went to the game and was quite enjoying myself before the 3rd quarter. It was exciting that we were able to come back down 9 with under 2 minutes on the clock. It gave me a false sense of them have some momentum going into the OT which was a whole lotta wrong. Then finally the Murray shot. The next possession is sure to have given some Kings players, coaches, and fans some ongoing nightmares. What is the opposite of a buzzer beater? When the game-over light came on I started laughing, both for joy and disbelief. Somebody in a Kings uniform that was on the floor last night is bound to have a hangover today.

Also White was as bad as advertised. Jeez. Someone here mentioned Pop being livid about something after the Walker IV jumper. They mentioned it ws Forbes, but I couldn't tell and thought he was yelling at Walker at first. Forbes makes a more sense...thanks! Really glad they have time off and will get to practice. They could use the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop yelled at Forbes on the play in question. Bryn ended up guarding no one on a play. Pop called timeout and let Bryn have it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop yelled at Forbes on the play in question. Bryn ended up guarding no one on a play. Pop called timeout and let Bryn have it
    Thanks I was totally focused on Walker and was wondering why Pop was so pissed off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Pop was livid with Forbes, not Walker. But he put Forbes back in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great snippet on Murray playing 32 minutes late night. We can safely say the minutes restrictions have elasped

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't see how to give Mills an A- after committing a big turnover and missing two of three free throws down the stretch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't see how to give Mills an A- after committing a big turnover and missing two of three free throws down the stretch.

His flopping was stellar

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That steal from Mills was all due to Joseph being laser focused on Murray stripping him again. This is why Murray needs to playing more. He just creates havoc out there even though he can be out of control at times. The good far outweighs the bad.
    yah with murray on the court our defense intensity goes up a notch cos he's always try to apply pressure to the ball handler.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with most of the grades except maybe DDR (would give him a C).

That was an ugly played game, and our starting lineup remains lackadaisical. I liked that Pop finally decided to rely more on the bench mob but I would go even further with playing LMA and DDR less and playing Poeltl and Lonnie (or Beli if he's balling) more.

I know people are hating on Mills here but the truth is he is the most consistent Spur this season who gives effort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some may disagree... But when DJ goes for that 16 footer in the lane, I expect it to go in...

Besides it's FAR better than his 20 foot floaters... He is growing as a player... I just think he needs to get his confidence back because he doesn't attack to score anymore since he was put on the bench... It's like he is afraid to try and fail so as not to lose even his bench minutes... So he rather be passive and safe... He needs to get back to attacking to score every chance he gets... Same with Lonnie... Pop just has to deal with the occasional turnover from them being aggressive until they hit their stride... even ginobili was a turnover machine much of his career, especially in the beginning, but he was never benched for a ton of games, and look what he became

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To their credit this game (I guess), they didn’t completely roll over. Again, shut the game off with like 3 minutes to go only to find that yet again, it went to overtime. When will this dedicated, but tired of losing fan learn to just let em play it out? Great grades, I hope White finds his way back to solid play.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some may disagree... But when DJ goes for that 16 footer in the lane, I expect it to go in...

Besides it's FAR better than his 20 foot floaters... He is growing as a player... I just think he needs to get his confidence back because he doesn't attack to score anymore since he was put on the bench... It's like he is afraid to try and fail so as not to lose even his bench minutes... So he rather be passive and safe... He needs to get back to attacking to score every chance he gets... Same with Lonnie... Pop just has to deal with the occasional turnover from them being aggressive until they hit their stride... even ginobili was a turnover machine much of his career, especially in the beginning, but he was never benched for a ton of games, and look what he became
    The 16 footer i saw was an airball.

Its ok to say DJ has game to improve on. I dont mind him on the drive either. He still finishing alot better this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great. I applaud Forbes hard work but he is often overmatched. Walker plays way better defense and can also hit the 3, not as accurate, but serviceable. I hope will see more of Lonnie and less of Forbes/Beli out there. Hopefully the break would do wonders on White.

Thread Information