Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be mad getting benched behind Forbes too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All are indications (among many others) that Pop's judgment is shot - so shot that I don't want him to be in charge of making major personnel moves like trading LMA or Dumbmar. But the timing of all of this malaise is nightmarish. There is no realistic way to effectively replace PATFO in time to make these important personnel decisions, and the decisions really can't wait until this season is over. We are just hosed...
    I have the slightest hint of hope for the new GM to take matters into his own hands and make some kind of move. The beauty of this is that any single move, whether it's trading DD, or LMA, or Rudy or whoever, automatically signals that the team is no longer in immediate contention, opening up the door to make the next trades more easily. In an ideal universe, Pop would have the realization that he'll not be around for long and thus shouldn't have the final say on decisions that will affect the Spurs years down the line... Though I admit my optimism is unfounded. This trade deadline might be Wright's first and huge test as a manager, hope Pop or RC aren't too caught up in the past to override him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have the slightest hint of hope for the new GM to take matters into his own hands and make some kind of move. The beauty of this is that any single move, whether it's trading DD, or LMA, or Rudy or whoever, automatically signals that the team is no longer in immediate contention, opening up the door to make the next trades more easily. In an ideal universe, Pop would have the realization that he'll not be around for long and thus shouldn't have the final say on decisions that will affect the Spurs years down the line... Though I admit my optimism is unfounded. This trade deadline might be Wright's first and huge test as a manager, hope Pop or RC aren't too caught up in the past to override him.
    From your lips to God's ears! But I am less optimistic. Pop apparently regards the Spurs as his own private retirement recreation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop had the opportunity to start this season with the same SL that ended last season and use his minutes restriction as justification for bringing Dijon off the bench. In that scenario, Dijon would not have had to deal with the possibility of getting benched, and a lot of other disruption would have been avoided.

That said, I like the lineup you list, and if only Dijon could get his ball handling under control, that might become a good starting unit.
    -Good point, tbh. In retrospect that probably would've been better. It's probably hard for Murray not to think of it as a demotion now, after starting the first month- plus.

-I attribute his high turnover rate to him being a young PG. Its sort of like how young bigs usually foul like crazy, eventually they figure it out and adjust.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the bright side, I like the idea of seeing the Murray-Lonnie back court even if off the bench. Not unreasonable to think that in the Spurs best case scenario, 2 years from now that end ups being the starting backcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wrong. If they trade Mills and Carroll for Gallinari for example it means they are all in on a playoff push

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wrong. If they trade Mills and Carroll for Gallinari for example it means they are all in on a playoff push
    If they do what? Do you actually know who any of those players are?

Explain that trade. I am genuinely curious. How is that accomplished?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they do what? Do you actually know who any of those players are?

Explain that trade. I am genuinely curious. How is that accomplished?
    Marcus Morris went to the Knicks, so the Spurs never got the starting PF they desperately need. Gallinari is available, so is Marvin Williams. Rumor has it that various teams are also interested in Robert Covington. The Spurs can easily package players to trade for either of those. While I like Mills his contract is perfect to match that salary range. For example Mills for Marvin Williams works straight up. You could then start Marvin Williams at PF and move Forbes to the bench. That would do wonders for the defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I meant to say trading them for assets/picks and not other compe ive vets, should've specified that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Morris went to the Knicks, so the Spurs never got the starting PF they desperately need. Gallinari is available, so is Marvin Williams. Rumor has it that various teams are also interested in Robert Covington. The Spurs can easily package players to trade for either of those. While I like Mills his contract is perfect to match that salary range. For example Mills for Marvin Williams works straight up. You could then start Marvin Williams at PF and move Forbes to the bench. That would do wonders for the defense.
    But the thing is, why on earth would they trade Gallinari for Mills + Carroll? Really, why?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop entertaining the idea that Patty mills could be traded.

It is never happening.

Thread Information