My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from thin-skinned anti-first amendment lawsuits against talking cows, and his own satirical mom, he has decided that the free press is "stalking" him, and (horror) asking him questions about things he is doing in his official capacities.

THE HORROR!!!

-------------------------------------

‘Snowflake’ Devin Nunes Mocked For Panicking After Reporter’s Question

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) is being mocked on Twitter after claiming that he’s the victim of someone who “stalked” him.

However, the image he shared on Twitter was of reporter Lee Fang of The Intercept ― and footage doesn’t show stalking, but rather ordinary reporting.

Video from the scene shows Fang identifying himself, then calmly attempting to question Nunes outside a $15,000-a-plate GOP fundraiser on Saturday.

Fang asked Nunes about his contacts with Lev Parnas, an associate of Rudy Giuliani ― attorney to President Donald Trump ― who has been indicted on federal campaign finance charges.

The House Intelligence Committee’s impeachment report released last week includes phone records from AT&T showing multiple calls between Nunes and Parnas.

“What was the content of those calls?” Fang asked. “Were you part of this effort to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate Hunter Biden?”

Nunes does not speak in the footage, but instead shakily photographs both Fang and the camera operator filming the encounter.

The lawmaker later tweeted:

@DevinNunes
    This guy stalked me in hotel lobby after my appearance on ⁦@foxandfriends⁩ Saturday AM maybe he was in Vienna with @cnn #goodnightVienna
    https://news.yahoo.com/devin-nunes-s...050433381.html

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from thin-skinned anti-first amendment lawsuits against talking cows, and his own satirical mom, he has decided that the free press is "stalking" him, and (horror) asking him questions about things he is doing in his official capacities.

THE HORROR!!!

-------------------------------------

‘Snowflake’ Devin Nunes Mocked For Panicking After Reporter’s Question

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) is being mocked on Twitter after claiming that he’s the victim of someone who “stalked” him.

However, the image he shared on Twitter was of reporter Lee Fang of The Intercept ― and footage doesn’t show stalking, but rather ordinary reporting.

Video from the scene shows Fang identifying himself, then calmly attempting to question Nunes outside a $15,000-a-plate GOP fundraiser on Saturday.

Fang asked Nunes about his contacts with Lev Parnas, an associate of Rudy Giuliani ― attorney to President Donald Trump ― who has been indicted on federal campaign finance charges.

The House Intelligence Committee’s impeachment report released last week includes phone records from AT&T showing multiple calls between Nunes and Parnas.

“What was the content of those calls?” Fang asked. “Were you part of this effort to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate Hunter Biden?”

Nunes does not speak in the footage, but instead shakily photographs both Fang and the camera operator filming the encounter.

The lawmaker later tweeted:

https://news.yahoo.com/devin-nunes-s...050433381.html
    This hardly embarrasses Trumper red team.

They are in place and think they have no accountability to the public.

Honestly, this will be looked at as some type of harassment. If the reporter had asked for a sit down interview Nunes would never have accepted. The real solution, if you have nothing to be afraid of, is to hold a press conference and freely field questions. That does not happen with this administration.

They are totally blind to the fact that the press can be a pain in the ass; And for good reason.
    Nunes is an elected official who has been drawn into a very sensitive situation and he thinks he is above explaining himself. This is where the red team is currently. Zero accountability. If you are being unfairly treated EXPLAIN IT. Instead the red team answer is, “I am being unfairly treated, witch hunt” Explain it and then be ready to defend your explanation with FACTS.

If if you are clean hold a meeting, field questions, and like old Joe, just call someone a liar if they don’t ask you a question and make a false statement about what you have done. It will be checked, that’s the fear for Nunes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This hardly embarrasses Trumper red team.

They are in place and think they have no accountability to the public.

Honestly, this will be looked at as some type of harassment. If the reporter had asked for a sit down interview Nunes would never have accepted. The real solution, if you have nothing to be afraid of, is to hold a press conference and freely field questions. That does not happen with this administration.

They are totally blind to the fact that the press can be a pain in the ass; And for good reason.
    Nunes is an elected official who has been drawn into a very sensitive situation and he thinks he is above explaining himself. This is where the red team is currently. Zero accountability. If you are being unfairly treated EXPLAIN IT. Instead the red team answer is, “I am being unfairly treated, witch hunt” Explain it and then be ready to defend your explanation with FACTS.

If if you are clean hold a meeting, field questions, and like old Joe, just call someone a liar if they don’t ask you a question and make a false statement about what you have done. It will be checked, that’s the fear for Nunes.
    That is the part that drives me insane. The sheer dishonesty and hypocrisy.

The Republican party is morally and intellectually bankrupt. I really can't put it simpler than that. No ideas, and no morals other than sheer power grabs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ECHOOOOOO echooooooo echooooo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ECHOOOOOO echooooooo echooooo
    Was Mr. Nunes being stalked by a reporter asking him questions?

DMC

Looks the other way at dumbest that Republicans can come up with.

Do you think Nunes is embarrassing?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Nunes begs GOP strategist for campaign cash — after suing her for $400 million

Republican operative Liz Mair is part of the suit, with Nunes demanding do ents from her, alleging that she is somehow involved in the parody accounts.

In a hilarious twist, Mair tweeted Wednesday that Nunes is now begging her for campaign donations after using Ted Cruz’s campaign email list.

“Also, I love that this guy’s trying to raise $$ from me while suing me for $400M,” Mair said.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/devin-nunes-begs-gop-strategist-for-campaign-cash-after-suing-her-for-400-million/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Nunes Libel Tourism

Continues To Highlight The Problems Of Virginia's Weak Anti-SLAPP Laws

Rep. Devin Nunes of California was angered by a story in his hometown newspaper detailing a claim that investors in a winery he partly owns partied with cocaine and pros utes.

So the Republican decided to sue — in rural Virginia.

Nunes bypassed the courthouse less than two miles from one of his offices and 10 blocks from the Fresno Bee to file the $150 million defamation claim against its owner 2,600 miles away.

He also chose the Old Dominion to file two other recent defamation suits,

one naming San Francisco-based Twitter and

an anonymous user who has mocked him in the voice of an imaginary cow.

Why didn't he sue in California (where he's from and where the defendant newspaper was from)? Because, duh:

California’s anti-SLAPP law allows defendants to file a special motion at the outset of litigation if they feel the lawsuit is without merit and aimed at chilling First Amendment rights on a topic of public interest.

If a judge sides with the defendant, the plaintiff is required to pay the defendant’s legal fees.

Virginia has an anti-SLAPP law,

but there is no special motion provision and defendants are not guaranteed legal fees if a case is dismissed.

The practical effect, experts say, is that cases can drag on until the sides begin to exchange evidence and a case goes to trial.

That can mean months — or even years — of legal wrangling and hefty legal bills.

Indeed, the article notes that Virginia's anti-SLAPP law is effectively a dead letter:

“I really have not seen the anti-SLAPP in Virginia successfully applied,”

said Jennifer Nelson, co-director of the University of Virginia School of Law’s First Amendment Clinic.

“It does not seem to be working the way it was intended to.”

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20191225/22422343630/devin-nunes-libel-tourism-continues-to-highlight-problems-virginias-weak-anti-slapp-laws.shtml

The VA anti-SLAPP law passed in 2017, under govt control of the Repugs

Thread Information