Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver didn't want to open the Pandora's Box of challenges. Uphold one and more will start popping up, with teams saying, "This one is just like that one."

I was surprised that they admitted that the refs had misapplied, but they didn't have any choice. Turns out, that 30-second window only applies when the other team calls the timeout, or if it's a commercial timeout. The Rockets were the ones who called the timeout, so that 30-second bit didn't even apply. They just refused to acknowledge the challenge. There was no way for Silver to get around that. I understand overcoming a bad call - but they put a challenge system in so teams wouldn't have to overcome a bad call like that, and they refused to use it.

The real bull is that he said there was "sufficient time" to overcome it. I wonder how much time is sufficient? Three minutes? Six? We don't know, because there isn't a rule - it's just Silver making up as he goes. That's bush league. I know a lot of people don't care because it helped the Spurs and hurt D'Antoni. But if the shoe was on the other foot, they would be screaming bloody murder.

Get rid of challenges, get rid of protests, and get rid of Silver.
    Can't stand that slimy, "progressive" er. He's taken things way too far to the other side. We need a combination of 90's and today. load of people still love to see physical, tough defense just ass much as offense. It's how the regular guy that hoops after work can relate to the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest pussies in the NBA.. This is even pussier than Chris Paul basically wearing a referee shirt this year in OKC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't stand that slimy, "progressive" er. He's taken things way too far to the other side. We need a combination of 90's and today. load of people still love to see physical, tough defense just ass much as offense. It's how the regular guy that hoops after work can relate to the league.
    I think the 80s would be a great era to emulate. You had great showmanship but you also had dudes clotheslining each other and not taking any .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets
    ‘Antoni
    Harden is gonna choke in the playoffs again like usual

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smc rocketfans

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said last night that I think the league will see the need to do something, but that it has to be a replay. You just don't know how the game would have played out.
    Something is going to happen. I know you don't reply to me but if it were as simple as you say, wouldn't the league have come to a decision by now?
    The longer it takes the more worried I get. You just say it was a missed call and move on, that’s what they do dozens of other times throughout the year.

Look at these handwringers and nervous nancies!

astounding paragraphs long autism in this thread.

there’s nothing to debate. spurs won

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good call.

If he was going to change the score he would need to address the 4 points the Rockets were wrongly awarded anyway. He basically also agreed that they could have 'not choked' and everything would be fine.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think it's about win probabilities. With 7:50 left and the Rockets up 13, their win probability was only a tiny bit better if they were up 15 instead. Maybe 90% versus 89%. This is in contrast to a blown call at the end of the game, where the win probability could have a huge swing as a result.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Look at these handwringers and nervous nancies!
    What a moron, my post predicted with 100% accuracy what happened

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol whiny es

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "we're gonna sue the nba!!"
    By that logic, the rest of the league should sue the NBA for giving Frauden all those bogus foul calls whenever he flops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol whiny es

protest that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This cuck hasn't stopped whining about the refs for a while now, what a pussy ass fanbase tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This cuck hasn't stopped whining about the refs for a while now, what a pussy ass fanbase tbh
    Not the onion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockettes cmon denial they blew the lead and lost against a 2nd year Walker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously I used to like the Rockets back in the days. But with Hardly, Westbrick and D’Antonette, really such whiners

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically acknowledging that serious mistakes were made but they were unwilling to change the outcome. Glad to hear it though it certainly is unsatisfying for the losing team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a perfectly reasonable decision. You can't change everything that happened after one play that didn't directly affect anything after it. There was no "chain reaction" of events after the dunk - it was an isolated incident.

It also wouldn't make sense to "replay" part of the game because that's just like playing a different game in a different context. You can never recreate the exact situation that existed at one moment in time, with the fatigue and momentum that built up to that moment. You can never perfectly recreate an event. What happened on that day will never change.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically acknowledging that serious mistakes were made but they were unwilling to change the outcome. Glad to hear it though it certainly is unsatisfying for the losing team.
    Bcos if they did that, then every game with a wrong goaltending/block call would needs to be replayed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they were robbed, tbh... Spursfan would be so bitterly mad if it would've gone the other way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We would. But I wouldn't expect the Spurs to actually protest. Wasn't the last protest Fisher .4, which was at the time impossible to do, and even more so that Fisher caught the Balkans turned around the shoot it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow that's an actual tweet from the Kings official twitter. Savage af.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow that's an actual tweet from the Kings official twitter. Savage af.
    Did Rockets antics pissed off other teams?

Thread Information