Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ok. Meanwhile Donnie’s polling numbers are shooting thru the roof as a result of the impeachment trial. Just like Clinton’s did during his impeachment. The whole thing guarantees a Trump re-election. The DNC would much rather a second Trump term than Bernie or Tulsi win.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. Meanwhile Donnie’s polling numbers are shooting thru the roof as a result of the impeachment trial. Just like Clinton’s did during his impeachment. The whole thing guarantees a Trump re-election. The DNC would much rather a second Trump term than Bernie or Tulsi win.
    So if it’s popular it’s correct?

If he does get re elected then we deserve him and the rest of his family to rule like the English monoarchy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donnie's approval rating has yet to touch 50 percent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump got caught running an international extortion scheme, admitted to it on national television (including Mulvaney), hid the summary of a so called "perfect" phone call, defied congressional subpoenas and blocked administration officials from testifying---that's the guy you're ting on the cons ution for? The GOP hitched their wagon on ing Trump? He's been a s bag all his life---what makes you all think being president would change him? What a bunch of brain dead assholes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is absolutely wrong.
    The swamp referred to was in Washington, not Ukraine.
    And you make a fckn swamp by asking the newly elected president of a foreign country to investigate your political opponent in an upcoming election. Are you saying Trump is too ignorant to comprehend this because THIS, is believable?

Its funny you first pretended to be some sort of unbiased neutral who had no preconceived notions.

Trump trying to get rid of swamps by using Manafort as his campaign manager? that’s funny. Manafort fell into the swamp called jail if you don’t remember. For lying about his relationships with foreign countries. So Trump uses swamp creatures to do what?
    Ukraine has information on DNC, Biden’s have shady dealings in Ukraine. I’m certain Ukraine isn’t the only country Trump has reached out to. Biden’s crime has been out there for all to see, where’s the outrage? More than anything, Trump has attempted to shed light on the hypocrisy of the left’s calling foul

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump got caught running an international extortion scheme, admitted to it on national television (including Mulvaney), hid the summary of a so called "perfect" phone call, defied congressional subpoenas and blocked administration officials from testifying---that's the guy you're ting on the cons ution for? The GOP hitched their wagon on ing Trump? He's been a s bag all his life---what makes you all think being president would change him? What a bunch of brain dead assholes
    Liberal owned media called, they want their narrative back

Damn sheep s

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1. No case
    2. Can't beat Trump in 2020
    Trump lost the popular vote by over 3 million. Putin handed him the antiquated Electoral Votes. You really wanna brag that he "won" an election? SMH

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donnie's approval rating has yet to touch 50 percent.
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_dec10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sums it up pretty well.

I think any trace of moral backbone has fled the Republican party in the last decade or so.

It is a bunch of extremist cranks and total corrupt hypocrites running the show now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever the useful idiot.

Darrin, why does rasmussen's data have to be adjusted by FiveThirtyEight when they include it in their calculations?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trumps poll ratings haven't budged for about a year, with the exception of the wave of caged children in January.

It has essentially been hovering between 40 and 43% for almost two years.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Clinton was impeached for one lie in a deposition, over a sexual affair.
    Trump will be impeached for gross abuse of power.

If you think the two are at all the same, well, please keep thinking that. The data doesn't support it at all. I think a lot of conservatives have the "it will be the same as last time" disease. It's almost as if conservatives can't modify how they view things based on reality any more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this dude gets it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn sheep s

back from d grave

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sums it up pretty well.

I think any trace of moral backbone has fled the Republican party in the last decade or so.

It is a bunch of extremist cranks and total corrupt hypocrites running the show now.
    I know you're the moral compass of mankind, you tell everyone that will listen.

Honest question, how much more "moral" do you really think the Democrat party is than the Republican party?

I'm very, very interested in your answer. I kinda already know what I'm gonna get, but confirmation is a good thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn sheep s
    I’m willing to change my mind but I need to see that “perfect “ phone call, Trump,Mulvaney, Bolton testify, etc...on ya the excuse, it’s a sham why bother...You might be stupid enough to buy horse but I’m not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Honest question, how much more "moral" do you really think the Democrat party is than the Republican party?

I'm very, very interested in your answer. I kinda already know what I'm gonna get, but confirmation is a good thing.
    Hard to say. It is a complicated question. But since you ask, I will try to get my best thoughts on it.

Both parties establishments are deep in corporate interests pockets, and both have a disgusting predilection to passing laws that benefit companies over people. On balance, Republican policy preferences tend to skew to benefiting rich people over everyone else, with the recent tax cuts on the hyperwealthy and holy war on the estate tax being front and center in my mind on that.

The level of rank corruption and conflicts of interest are hard to match from the current administration. If your baseline is the current administration then I would say A LOT more moral and ethical, and that is not really a difficult call to make. If you want support for that, I can provide quite a bit. Ethics has been almost literally thrown out the window.

Another measure of morality in my mind is the cynical voter ID laws, and the rank gerrymandering. Both parties tend to do that, but on balance, Republicans use gerrymandering to essentially cheat a lot more due to a concerted effort to do so. You can't have whole states where 51% of the electorate votes for Democrats, but only 29% of its congressional delegation is Democratic, and say that is anywhere near fair. I am optimistic that Democratic reaction to this tends to be for non-partisan solutions.

What Democrats don't have though, is a critical mass of brainwashed evangelicals, and a strong anti-intellectual streak that distrusts science. Sure you have your anti-GMO cranks, but nothing like the anti-evolution, anti-abortion crowd. Religion poisons everything it touches.

I think the Republican establishment is vastly more rotten and corrupt than that of the Democrats. The rich have figured out where their bread and butter is, and have paid out through dark money PACs and so forth accordingly. The current administration proves that out beyond any doubt. Any party will have a certain amount of rot, but it seems to almost be systemic for the GOP at this point, as if the entire system is geared to generate corruption.

I am drawing a line here though between who is in power for both parties, and rank and file. Rank and file I would find more honest in both cases than those who run things, due to the sheer corrupting influence of money.

But ultimately, how much overall? I would say, with modest confidence, a fair amount, simply due to how much kow-towing the party has to do to the evangelicals. Rot and corruption always follow from dogmatic thinking, which drives autocracy. Evangelicals are, by definition, dogmatic, which creates a culture of conformity that punishes free-thinking and new ideas.

I would leave you on that note with this video that criticizes both left and right when it comes to pointing out how poisonous dogma can be:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be kind.
    Be honest.
    Be fair.

That's it man. It's not hard. I have a hard time with the first when people are so obviously ignoring the other two, though.

I would be the last to say I am perfect by any stretch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be kind.
    Be honest.
    Be fair.

That's it man. It's not hard. I have a hard time with the first when people are so obviously ignoring the other two, though.

I would be the last to say I am perfect by any stretch.
    Fair enough. I read and appreciate your responses.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if it’s popular it’s correct?

If he does get re elected then we deserve him and the rest of his family to rule like the English monoarchy.
    The people voted for Clinton and don't deserve Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough. I read and appreciate your responses.
    Seriously, watch that video. It is very good, and worth the time. I have had friends from both ends of the political spectrum provide feedback along those lines. (yes, I have conservative friends)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are any of you still talking to derp or Joey? Derp is obviously mentally ill(as evidenced in this thread) and Joey has the IQ of an acorn squash. I finally said it and put them both on ignore a couple weeks back. Do yourself a favor and do the same.
    you wish i was just some dumb knuckle dragging re but i'm not... you on the other hand are a big ing got ass pussy and your actions back up exactly what i claim you are. you're a ing pathetic facebook stalking hulkamaniac snitch!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats not the issue you fool. Trump is our president, Trump made the phone call.
    Get another thread for your Biden problem and see how it goes.
    Not so well as its already up.

Idiot...
    yeah but what you don't get is the fact that you're acting just like all the losers who testified on hearsay and speculation. your truth isn't reality just like theirs was nothing more than make believe in their dim progressive minds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " Rot and corruption always follow from dogmatic thinking,

no!

rot and corrupt come the the oligarchy's $Bs spent capturing all three branches of govt and also red states.

iow, as alwys, follow the money

obviously, the dogmatically "law and order" Repugs violate that dogma when it applies to them and their supporters.

law and order for Repugs was ALWAYS a dog whistle for blocking, persecuting, harassing incarcerating non-whites

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you wish i was just some dumb knuckle dragging re but i'm not... you on the other hand are a big ing got ass pussy and your actions back up exactly what i claim you are. you're a ing pathetic facebook stalking hulkamaniac snitch!
    No, you're a re .

Thread Information