Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami doesn't even have a 1st rounder to trade, fools.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to pull the plug on the roster. Just pull the plug on Derozan. Admit that was a bad trade and move on. Hoarding him just to save face is just making the team worse in the present.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to pull the plug on the roster. Just pull the plug on Derozan. Admit that was a bad trade and move on. Hoarding him just to save face is just making the team worse in the present.
    Trade DeRozan, force Pop to step down. Watch the team blossom and make the postseason. Neither will happen but we can dream...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ung-needs-love

San Antonio (10-15) may wait until the summer to see if there's a sign-and-trade market for DeMar DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm beginning to think that the rest of the league has figured out how bad DD is and won't give up much for him leaving the Spurs with no moves to make.

Poop and the FO are going to have to figure out the hard way that getting DD and holding on to him was a bad move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

San Antonio (10-15) may wait until the summer to see if there's a sign-and-trade market for DeMar DeRozan.
    If true, this franchise is a giant dumpster fire and may never recover due to an incompetent FO

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why? Cant derozan just opt out!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's obvious most of you have never played sports at compe ive level to think that this is bad for the players. Ask any young player in that locker room if they would want to just play non compe ive basketball or try and compete to make the playoffs. When you start that non compe ive you get the Sacramento Kings, Minnesota timberwolves .
    Aren't both teams better than us this year? Also trading them WILL make us compe ive...that's what ur not getting...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't both teams better than us this year? Also trading them WILL make us compe ive...that's what ur not getting...
    No there not we beat Sacramento already and the Wolves are bout to lose 10 straight. DD I could care less about but Aldridge has missed the playoffs twice in his career the dude has always lead teams the playoffs despite this notion that he's a cancer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No part of Porter, agreed. Way overpriced now, and he's hurt. Out at least another month with a foot injury. Pass.

One thing about LaVine is that he's young, at least, at 24. Maybe still coachable in a way DDR is not. But that's speculation. I like his scoring ability.

About DDR for Gordon, there's the basic matter of points. DDR scores 21, and Gordon 14. The team will not be better unless those points can be found.

Trading for players who score less, on a team with a losing record now, is not a promising approach. With the defensive problems, points production is all the team has going for it. Gotta be careful about that.
    That's a naive way of thinking about it...do u know how many players increase production on a new team simply because of how that team plays them? You can't just say DDR scores 21 and Gordon scores 14, so we will be missing 7 points....that's a very simplistic,childish way of understanding how basketball works

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No there not we beat Sacramento already and the Wolves are bout to lose 10 straight. DD I could care less about but Aldridge has missed the playoffs twice in his career the dude has always lead teams the playoffs despite this notion that he's a cancer.
    Huh? Bro WE almost lost ten straight...and in some 9f our best years, trash teams like the Knicks beatvus. Does that mean they are better than us in those years? How old are u? U have a very basic way of looking at things...so Aldridge made the playoffs...so did Melo...does that mean having Melo on the team is a winning formula? Is Melo considered a winner because he makes the playoffs on his teams? U have a low bar for what u consider a winner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also kinda are in 7th, and wolves are in 11th...both are literally better than us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm a moron. It's true. I'm just plain stupid.
    I noticed that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can, of course. He could decline his player option and walk away. That would certainly be the best outcome for the Spurs, since it would spare them having to try to peddle his toxic contract, for a toxic player, with so little chance for a reasonable result. The league knows all about DDR.

But if he signs, the Spurs will have to bust a gut to try to move him, if they have any semblance of human intelligence remaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can, of course. He could decline his player option and walk away. That would certainly be the best outcome for the Spurs, since it would spare them having to try to peddle his toxic contract, for a toxic player, with so little chance for a reasonable result. The league knows all about DDR.

But if he signs, the Spurs will have to bust a gut to try to move him, if they have any semblance of human intelligence remaining.

No doubt.i dont think many teams are looking at the spurs situation and thinking derozan is the answer to anything they need

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could, but despite the weak free agent class, it's unlikely the market for him will be robust (if the Hawks rumors are true, they'd probably be the only team with significant cap space that could look to sign him).

This is the kind of thing that has to be broached and agreed to pre-deadline though. You don't just go into the off season blind and hope.

I'd prefer him gone yesterday, but the likely returns for him will probably still be available in the off season and retaining him until then is as likely, if not more, to provide them with as high a pick as any realistic trade could.

Thread Information