Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FIRE RC BUFORD NOW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes reminds Poop of Steph Curry though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans in the 3 point contest??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wizards are still dog

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a decent team missing a piece might be calling the Bullets about Davis...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TNT highlights showed Davis busting

And getting used on D

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans will be in the 3 point contest this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TNT highlights showed Davis busting

And getting used on D
    I'm sick of this argument about Bert.

It doesn't ing matter that he isn't Andre Roberson, if your team has defenders. It's 2020, not every player in the NBA is an all world defender AND drops 30 a night. You get role players to do the dirty work, which are much easier to find. It's hard to find 6'10" deadeye shooters.

Instead, we have a team of good defenders who can't hit the broad side of a barn, and have to play the corpse of Belinelli and midget Forbes as our only sad sources of offense, because we let guys like Bert go. Good ing job, that's why we're out of the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead, we have a team of good defenders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans been killing it this yr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh neat another bertans thread

And now I see people cutting themselves over Matisse thybulle learning to shoot.

Good Lord, folks get it together.

Maybe we just need one thread called "cry baby thread" were people can go off about mistakes and grievances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And now I see people cutting themselves over Matisse thybulle learning to shoot.

Maybe we just need one thread called "cry baby thread" were people can go off about mistakes and grievances.
    Legend says there used to be a crybaby thread... High time it's brought back tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we going to do this every time Bertans has a good game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 Movie when the Rockets last played in the Finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 Movie when the Rockets last played in the Finals

In HS I heard a story about Tommy Lee Jones in SA. He went to a blockbuster video (2001) with his daughter or something, and they said he had overdue videos. They wanted him to pay an overdue video bill. He started arguing like "I'm Tommy Lee Jones!" and the dude at Blockbuster was just like you have to pay the bill. Apparently it was a huge scene that went into the Blockbuster parking lot. That whole year in HS we would scream at each other "I'm Tommy Lee Jones"!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's every thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still a glorified Bonner, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still a glorified Bonner, tbh.
    You also think Murray > White, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also think Murray > White, tbh.
    Yeah like there's a clear difference between them right now...GTFOH

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis Bertans currently ranks 4th in the league in 3PT makes (92) [Harden is first at 117]. He currently ranks 4th in the league in 3pt shooting percentage (0.465) and 9th in effective FG% (0.656).

Marcus Morris meanwhile is also putting up similar stats from beyond the arc: currently ranks 17th in the league in 3PT makes (66) and ranks 3rd in the league in 3pt shooting percentage (0.489). Morris is not nearly as good from the field overall as Bertans. That said, Morris's defensive metrics are not as bad as Bertans'. In this context one cannot fault PATFO for wishing to acquire Morris. And it's easy to armchair quarterback in the wake of Morris' reneging on his verbal commitment. I would, however, question the reasoning as to why Bertans was the one that NEEDED to be moved in order to accommodate Morris' contract. In other words the FO could have dangled Bellineli, or Forbes and the numbers might have also worked. Or maybe not gone after Demarre Carroll at all - then they would've had the money to sign Morris outright with the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FIRE RC BUFORD NOW
    Still hurts. I can’t believe I’m saying this about Bertans. I wander if I feel the same for Forbes, Mills or Marco. Do it RC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans and his no rebounding ass. Dude was unplayable in big games. Besides had we kept him, Pop still would've started Forbes and still played Marco over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis Bertans currently ranks 4th in the league in 3PT makes (92) [Harden is first at 117]. He currently ranks 4th in the league in 3pt shooting percentage (0.465) and 9th in effective FG% (0.656).

Marcus Morris meanwhile is also putting up similar stats from beyond the arc: currently ranks 17th in the league in 3PT makes (66) and ranks 3rd in the league in 3pt shooting percentage (0.489). Morris is not nearly as good from the field overall as Bertans. That said, Morris's defensive metrics are not as bad as Bertans'. In this context one cannot fault PATFO for wishing to acquire Morris. And it's easy to armchair quarterback in the wake of Morris' reneging on his verbal commitment. I would, however, question the reasoning as to why Bertans was the one that NEEDED to be moved in order to accommodate Morris' contract. In other words the FO could have dangled Bellineli, or Forbes and the numbers might have also worked. Or maybe not gone after Demarre Carroll at all - then they would've had the money to sign Morris outright with the MLE.
    morris is definitely the more complete package. many here thought morris would have been a difference maker that gave the spurs an option to compete against some of the better teams/players in the west. and moving bertans to acquire morris, in a vacuum, would have been worth it. bertans was dead weight against the nuggets. got bullied by millsap, which is fair considering thats a damn good player, but he also couldnt hang with a guy like beasley. morris would have been extremely valuable in that spot.

but they only were in that position because they had already committed to carroll, a guy who isn't even in the rotation.

morris > bertans >>> carroll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you dip s need to let it go. Go buy your Bertan's Wizard's replica jersey and move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a thing on hoopshype that a gm speculated that Davis could be payed up to 15-20 million a year, spurs would have lost him for nothing anyways just a year later

Thread Information