Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl is a keeper.
    Who is a keeper on this team?

It is an awful team with selfish iso players and underperforming young players. I get that under a good coach maybe the young kids would play better but still they are underperforming.

Maybe keep White, Walker, Poeltl. Trade all others before their value drops even more after another bad season next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is a keeper on this team?

It is an awful team with selfish iso players and underperforming young players. I get that under a good coach maybe the young kids would play better but still they are underperforming.

Maybe keep White, Walker, Poeltl. Trade all others before their value drops even more after another bad season next year.
    The only heavy ISO players are the team's stars, which should definitely be shipped out ASAP, but other than that there's other valuable pieces on the Spurs. The thing about playing with not one, but two mainly iso players is that their demand for the ball really affects teammates' performance (unless they're so good at scoring, like Harden, or so good at scoring+distribution that they offset their ball dominance). I want to see a full season of the young core without this vet dead weight before we can impart true judgment of their players - hopefully we can see that sooner rather than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are gonna let Jak walk and pay that POS Bryn sadly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...It's possible that it's Pops last season and the Spurs change their direction - with a new coach & new players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl was interviewed by a German online-outlet:

Spurs defense:

...It's a mentality thing. Perhaps they don't have the personal to be really good on defense. But it's also effort. If you give up, there is no intensity and then you lose by 20. The coaches are searching for a solution...
    Smarter than he looks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only heavy ISO players are the team's stars, which should definitely be shipped out ASAP, but other than that there's other valuable pieces on the Spurs. The thing about playing with not one, but two mainly iso players is that their demand for the ball really affects teammates' performance (unless they're so good at scoring, like Harden, or so good at scoring+distribution that they offset their ball dominance). I want to see a full season of the young core without this vet dead weight before we can impart true judgment of their players - hopefully we can see that sooner rather than later.
    Good points. I agree. But I’d also add Pop. Need to see these players play a season without DDR, LMA AND pop in order to truly get a good feel for their potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know if the second year on Gay's contract is guaranteed? Bc I hope it isn't

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl was interviewed by a German online-outlet:
    https://www.spox.com/de/sport/usspor...aelle-itw.html

Tim Duncan
    ...Duncan is in good shape and it's a honour to work with him. He plays 1on1 against him before the games and if you make a mistake you're done against Timmy.
    Everyone else has already commented about many of the points that stood out. To me however, I've often wondered if Aldridge's and then Poeltl's increase in defensive efficiency/awareness has been due to Duncan's mentoring. Duncan is a gold mine of defensive knowledge, situational awareness and defensive a en that some of his 'lessons' are bound to stick with his underlings. A whole article exploring the dynamics of that knowledge transfer could likely be written.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know if the second year on Gay's contract is guaranteed? Bc I hope it isn't
    Spotrac says that $28 million of the two-year grand total of $32 million is guaranteed. So basically, yes, it's guaranteed.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-anto...rudy-gay-2534/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spotrac says that $28 million of the two-year grand total of $32 million is guaranteed. So basically, yes, it's guaranteed.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-anto...rudy-gay-2534/
    I really hope we just stay patient and not make any moves if they don't involve a draft pick. We got 1 more year of Patty, Gay, and LMA, and DDR on the books. Makes no sense to take on a long term contract (like Gordon) when we can reshift the look of the entire team with cap space and cheap draft picks in the near future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl is a keeper.
    At the right price imo
    His recent block party is costing a lot for spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, but when ignorant people like you spew nonsense i kind of feel triggered to put you in your place. Maybe less trashing and actually watch the games might help to see the truth.
    There are numerous players on this roster I have a problem with before Poeltl. Is he your husband or something? You obviously have a thing for the man. You're Poeltl's SAGirl.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are numerous players on this roster I have a problem with before Poeltl. Is he your husband or something? You obviously have a thing for the man. You're Poeltl's SAGirl.
    Nah his thing is that you say stupid without actually knowing what the you're talking about except on this you're correct. Poeltl's is getting sucked off on here a lot for a guy with no offensive game. I thin fans need calm down on the hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good points. I agree. But I’d also add Pop. Need to see these players play a season without DDR, LMA AND pop in order to truly get a good feel for their potential.
    Definitely. Pop's coaching has been a huge reason the team is underperforming and the locker room is in danger. You just can't trot out the same rotations over a 7 game losing streak... And so many other things. But the roster shaping is the most irking - DD and LMA, two extremely slow-ISO heavy stars, are literally the worst fit for a guy like DJ who excels at run-and-gun, spread out offense where he can initiate transition O and have working space in the paint. If we can get rid of both our stars, I'd like to see all the young guys figure it out next season - if they truly lack the talent, we will just tank naturally, but I don't think it's fair to judge them when both DJM and White's main job right now is mostly bringing the ball up the court and dumping it for an inneficient ISO.

Thread Information