Multiple Choice Poll.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    * with fair refs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some who were deceived during the hype years of Golden Fake may now have had a clearing, cleansing vision.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dubs repeated as Champions. Spurs never did. I'd choose the Dubs in this poll, but it's not an option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dubs repeated as Champions. Spurs never did. I'd choose the Dubs in this poll, but it's not an option
    The Celtics with Jim Loscutoff won 6 Championships in a row.
    Lakers with Kirbys coatailing never even sniffed that.

Celtics >>>>> Lakers.
    Loscotoff >>>>> Kirby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shocker, povertyball fan choosing the team that won the previous year

Easy peasy to know which jersey to make for stores in your area

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Shocker, povertyball fan choosing the team that won the previous year

Easy peasy to know which jersey to make for stores in your area

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I just can't erase the Warriors loss to James' scrubby Cavs out of my memory

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with fair refs? Spurs in 4, especially if we're talking real-man NBA rules (say, 2000 era) where illegal screens are called offensive fouls, and flailing your legs into the defender doesn't grant you 3 free throws.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I just can't erase the Warriors loss to James' scrubby Cavs out of my memory
    the 2016 warriors were far different than the 2018 warriors

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Spurs fans always give us stuff about bringing up old teams and say it’s the present that matters but anyways . If refs are actually fair it will go 7 and I would probably say Warriors by 5 in game 7

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers North fanboys frozen out.

My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    The Celtics with Jim Loscutoff won 6 Championships in a row.
    Lakers with Kirbys coatailing never even sniffed that.

Celtics >>>>> Lakers.
    Loscotoff >>>>> Kirby

But they were competing against plumbers and car salesmen. That's not exactly quality compe ion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they were competing against plumbers and car salesmen. That's not exactly quality compe ion.
    Honestly citing anything pre Jordan for comparisons to modern b-ball is kind of idiotic if people are being honest

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    2018 Warriors. This might be lazy analysis, but you have two teams who basically play the same style of game yet the Warriors have the superior talent. Based on that fact alone, it's hard to argue against them. Plus, they didn't lose their first postseason game until they were up 3-0 in the Finals whereas the Spurs went the full 7 games in the first round

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, they didn't lose their first postseason game until they were up 3-0 in the Finals
    Wow let's see.
    They lost Game 4 in beating the Greg Poppy Spurs in Round 1.
    You're thinking of the 2017 Golden gots. Big ing deal after MVKawhi smoked their ass in Game 1 and they had to Zaza the rest of the way.
    Zero respect for that rigged le. Timmy Duncan and the 2014 Spurs would smoke that '17 team too.

My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow let's see.
    They lost Game 4 in beating the Greg Poppy Spurs in Round 1.
    You're thinking of the 2017 Golden gots. Big ing deal after MVKawhi smoked their ass in Game 1 and they had to Zaza the rest of the way.
    Zero respect for that rigged le. Timmy Duncan and the 2014 Spurs would smoke that '17 team too.
    It doesnt matter. The Dubs rang 2 more times after that Kawhi injury. History is written by the victors. That Spurs team has already been tossed into the dustbin of history. That Warriors team will be remembered through the ages.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I've never seen the Leonard playoff injury referenced outside Spurs circles. A couple times Zaza jokes on RealGM

I think at this point the casual NBA fan believes Leonard was dealt from SAS because "his contract was ending and he really wanted to end up in Los Angeles"

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Bahahaha only Spurs fans would think this is an argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never seen the Leonard playoff injury referenced outside Spurs circles. A couple times Zaza jokes on RealGM

I think at this point the casual NBA fan believes Leonard was dealt from SAS because "his contract was ending and he really wanted to end up in Los Angeles"
    Had a face to face with his college coach. Kahwi thought he's always be a Spur. As to exactly what went South we didn't get into that at all.

Butthurt Spurfan who claims ever since he joined the Spurs he and Uncle were on an evil plot to go LA are full of bitter .

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Had a face to face with his college coach. Kahwi thought he's always be a Spur. As to exactly what went South we didn't get into that at all.

Butthurt Spurfan who claims ever since he joined the Spurs he and Uncle were on an evil plot to go LA are full of bitter .
    I tend to believe if Spurs cuddled him, he would stay

But guy made a great point recently. Leonard was THE Toronto Raptors franchise and even more so he was the figure head for basketball in the entire nation of Canada (booming NBA market). Yet he left that for Los Angeles. Tends to argue Leonard would find his way in LA regardless of what Spurs did. Continuing the Spurs dynasty is surely less fulfilling than building his own with the Clippers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ We don't know what happened. He was great in practice, never quit before. SpursTalk Spurfan vilifies him but offers zero proof. Just endless speculation.

If poop could have stayed out of the way enough and they beat Golden State it would have changed everything. Even if he still went to LA, we get way more back in return.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    2014 spurs would have absolutely no chance whatsoever

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    The evolution of the league has resulted in a couple of trends. With the increased pace, the more open style, the proliferation of the three point shot, and officiating openly favoring offense, more than ever before, games have a chance to end in a blowout AND big 20+ comebacks have become quite commonplace. One team gets hot, they open up a big lead. That team cools off and the other team gets hot from three, and all of a sudden, a 25 point game is a 4 point game in a matter of minutes.

That’s why I give very little merit to the huge lead the Spurs established in a half against GSW before the Kawhi ankle injury. Even with Kawhi, I could see the Warriors coming back with the collection of talented scorers they had. I think that series still goes the way of the Warriors even if Kawhi doesn’t get hurt, even if Spurs win that first game. We’ve seen other playoff series where a team gets blown out in a game, maybe a couple times, and still win the series.

With fair officiating, I’d still give the edge to the 2018 Warriors. 5 games if they have homecourt in the series, 6 if the 2014 Spurs had homecourt.

Thread Information