Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the only reason Forbes is playing in the NBA at all.

If he absolutely has to play, it should be 8 minutes, tops. 12 minutes is a full quarter, and the team can't tolerate that much of him.

He's 81st in the league in 3pt percentage, and not in the top 100 in field goal percentage. He has the mystique of being a good scorer, but he's second rate.
    I disagree with you a lot but you're spot on about Forbes. Anyone can put up 12 points a game if given enough shots.

Pop forced Forbes into the NBA. It's okay to recognize Forbes' dime-a-dozen scoring ability and bottom of the league level defense, and not accept every sandwich the old man serves up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop screwed himself when he brought in LMA who couldn't take Pop's tough coaching. He just doubled down with Dumbmar. He has no idea how to coach his soft "stars."
    You know everything Pop has ever said, or that Manu or Parker ever said about LMA completely belies your post.

The only vocal criticisms Pop ever made about LMA, we heard about in the press.

Specifically, I recall last season Pop saying LMA had to play better, and shortly afterwards turned his season around and made the All-Star team, again.

I don't get the LMA hate. More than about anyone else on this team, he has carried us post nephew. Manu even called him their MVP while uncle's hid in closets in NY to avoid team trainers.

In short, some of you guys know about this but still spout like you're a ing expert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know everything Pop has ever said, or that Manu or Parker ever said about LMA completely belies your post.

The only vocal criticisms Pop ever made about LMA, we heard about in the press.

Specifically, I recall last season Pop saying LMA had to play better, and shortly afterwards turned his season around and made the All-Star team, again.

I don't get the LMA hate. More than about anyone else on this team, he has carried us post nephew. Manu even called him their MVP while uncle's hid in closets in NY to avoid team trainers.

In short, some of you guys know about this but still spout like you're a ing expert.
    Your Expertness must be right. That would explain why LMA tried to whine his way off the team the post-season after he made it to the WCF for the only time in his fairly forgettable career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know who the only player on the team was, through our last game that was a net positive offensively AND defensively?

You guessed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your Expertness must be right. That would explain why LMA tried to whine his way off the team the post-season after he made it to the WCF for the only time in his fairly forgettable career.
    He went to his coaching staff and told them he was unhappy with his role. Like a grownup.

Have you heard a peep since?

No, in fact all you've gotten is tmo more All-star years and a teammate that has by and large carried his team to the playoffs on his own.

Our team was pretty atrocious last year and yet we made the playoffs and took a 2 seed to 7 games on the road and barely lost.

If LMA still had competent defenders around him, we might be pushing for a much higher seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He went to his coaching staff and told them he was unhappy with his role. Like a grownup.

Have you heard a peep since?

No, in fact all you've gotten is tmo more All-star years and a teammate that has by and large carried his team to the playoffs on his own.

Our team was pretty atrocious last year and yet we made the playoffs and took a 2 seed to 7 games on the road and barely lost.

If LMA still had competent defenders around him, we might be pushing for a much higher seed.
    We have not heard a peep since because Pop capitulated. He revamped the offense to insure that LMA got his touches and his quota of 18-foot fadeaways. You like that iso-offense - fine. Pop and LMA are your guys. I prefer actual movement of the basketball and the players. LMA is a ball-stopping, me-first, low-IQ, rather-take-a-poor-shot-than-pass-out-of-a-double-team dinosaur who occasionally gets motivated to play, but mostly is just a black hole. You like the statements made for public consumption by the most private organization in professional sports - fine. I prefer to use my own eyes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a problem with LaMarcus, but he has been horrible so far. Then again the whole team has. He's not a #1 option, but he can carry a team into the first round by himself. He's also 34, so not sure if he's just not motivated or the wheels are starting to fall off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol and their 2020 1st for DeRozan.
    I'd do that trade in a heartbeat

Thread Information