Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As bad as the Spurs start has been this season I don't see FO making any moves until the NBA trade deadline considering they are only 2 games out of the playoffs as of this type. If things get worse and they have no shot at playoffs they may just blow it up who knows. They will likely look for a deal that keeps them compe ive and do a short rebuild. So one of LMA or DeMar would likely get traded.
    If the Spurs have any trade announcements Monday, it will only be because somebody ed Pop's post-game vino with LSD. In which case he'll announce he's traded Jakob Poeltl for Carlos Santana.

But I suspect the Spurs War Room is quiet, and will remain so. If the phone rings, Wright is allowed to answer it. No outgoing calls.

Myself, I wish the front office staff would overheat the local cell towers making calls to try to get some of the rubbish off this team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the story says about DDR is peculiar. It mentions him in connection with Orlando but then goes on to say, basically, that Orlando won't want him. "Not a 3pt shooter." So, huh??
    I think what he's saying is that all the Intel he's getting (I assume from FO connections) are assuming that Orlando is highly interested in DDR but, he doesnt understand it because he thinks they need shooting.

I agree with him on some level too but, it kinda comes down to what Orlando would be giving up and I'd guess he thinks Fournier or Ross is part of the package. It could be that neither are in the discussion. If the trade is Gordon and Bamba for DDR then they are keeping their outside shooting and if we include belli or forbes with DDR then maybe they are looking at it as adding scoring and shooting. It's hard to say until we get more info on what the package looks like.

From my perspective I think those (like this writer) that assume DDR would fetch Gordon and Fournier are overvaluing what DDR is worth on the market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most notably, newly-signed free agents can’t be dealt until at least December 15. The NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement states that a free agent who signs with an NBA team can’t be traded for three months or until December 15, whichever is later.

See what happens starting tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will stand pat cause they are 1 game from the 8th seed and they’ve won 4 out of 6 games in this stretch as fools gold as it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will stand pat cause they are 1 game from the 8th seed and they’ve won 4 out of 6 games in this stretch as fools gold as it is.
    Please do not utter such ill omens into the cosmos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IOW you've seen nothing but twitter rumors. Which are totally worthless.
    Gallo is not the only player on the market. And players that you trade for to have them for 5 months on the team don't get you a lot of asstes back in return, teams know that. I'm talking specifically about this years team, so possibility of resigning and age is not that important, since you'd dump players that you need to get rid off anyway. Marvin Williams and Iggy are 2 others and the way Mills has been performing he holds good value. His contract is not a negative at this point although I still think he's overpaid. Spurs can definitely get one of these players and they would help the team a lot, since this team doesn't even have 1 starting caliber forward on the entire roster.

Thread Information