Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can any of these Car - Grandpa suggestions be applied to Team With Major Potential - Coach / de facto GM?

https://www.senioradvisor.com/blog/2015/07/how-to-tell-your-aging-parent-to-stop-driving/

https://www.agingcare.com/articles/t...ing-112307.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What team has major potential? Are you watching the same team I am?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What team has major potential? Are you watching the same team I am?
    I'm watching a team that gives make minutes and plays to trash players like DeRozan. The least clutch player maybe in the entire league

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich and DeRozan deserve each other. A couple of washed up dudes the rest of the league has passed by. Ready for next season when both of them are off the team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s funny how the same thing that is playing out with the Cowboys-Jerry is the same things spurs are going with Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s funny how the same thing that is playing out with the Cowboys-Jerry is the same things spurs are going with Pop.
    I have a feeling that Pop won't fully let go until they literally pry the keys from his cold dead hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will require the spurs making an actual trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can "Bump into Him" and Spill a Glass of Wine laced with Cyanide on him Richard "Iceman" Kuklinski Style.

Problem Solved.
    Tell him the ATT Center has moved and there will be no more games there?
    Would he fall for that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling that Pop won't fully let go until they literally pry the keys from his cold dead hands.
    Yep. Ownership apparently is too apathetic or intimidated to ask for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not remotely. Jerry has the Cowboys exactly where he wants them. They are making him piles of money. He doesn't care if they ever rise above 8-8 again as long as they keep making him those piles of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has EARNED the right to take this franchise down in flames with him!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Sell the car" was one of the suggestions.
    But apparently the Holts will not sell and no Balmer type super above market value price is being offered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has EARNED the right to take this franchise down in flames with him!
    Yeah, is that the weirdest comment on ST?

But it's what he's doing. Gotten over himself much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take him to the asylum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not remotely. Jerry has the Cowboys exactly where he wants them. They are making him piles of money. He doesn't care if they ever rise above 8-8 again as long as they keep making him those piles of money.
    Isn't Pop the highest paid HC in the league? I wouldn't want off the $11M ride either if I were in his place, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmeh taking a page from Leanord's handbook and not supporting the team from the bench! Shocking!!! And a major disappointment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Pop the highest paid HC in the league? I wouldn't want off the $11M ride either if I were in his place, tbh
    If the Spurs fall to perpetual .500 ball, they wont retain nearly the cache or profitability of the Cowgirls. In fact, many ST posters think fans will stop supporting a treadmill Spurs team, and the team will eventually leave SA. Pop is a short-timer. The Jones family will own the Cowboy cash cow forever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gets paid for both being the head coach and also El Presidente of basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The old man ing over the franchise and the dumb locals for years to come lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. 11 million and change. Just slightly above Doc Rivers. Well above 3rd place Rick Carlisle.

Also from Sept 2018:

Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich Selling a 'Dream' Wine Cellar Along With Mansion
    Earlier this month, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich listed his wine cellar and the 8,700-square-foot mansion attached to it in San Antonio for $4.5 million

https://www.mysanantonio.com/realestate/article/Spurs-Head-Coach-Gregg-Popovich-Selling-a-Dream-13264085.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs fall to perpetual .500 ball, they wont retain nearly the cache or profitability of the Cowgirls. In fact, many ST posters think fans will stop supporting a treadmill Spurs team, and the team will eventually leave SA. Pop is a short-timer. The Jones family will own the Cowboy cash cow forever.
    Yeah Pop's just raking in the last big bag tbh, not a long term thing for him ( ing hopefully). I'm starting to think he's purposefully coaching like ass, so he can get fired, and still get paid while not having to coach the Spurs any longer tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Pop's just raking in the last big bag tbh, not a long term thing for him ( ing hopefully). I'm starting to think he's purposefully coaching like ass, so he can get fired, and still get paid while not having to coach the Spurs any longer tbh
    Nah, the Spurs probably would give Pop a golden parachute at least equal to a single season's salary. He doesn't have to get fired to get paid.
    Last edited by sasaint; 12-13-2019 at 01:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ownership doesn't have any incentive to intervene. If they fire him, they hold the bag and have to improve the team. If they don't and we suck, then there's an easier case for launching a new regime, but there's no hurray. If they get better than so be it. Another year of treadmill won't kill the team. Murray and lw may get frustrated but taking a low pressure recovery year isn't bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as we are loosing I am happy let the old man give us two years of great lottery picks and then retire.

In Pop I Trust To Tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then one day, Mom backed the Lexus out of the driveway right into a neighbor's parked car. Mom took no responsibility for the damage inflicted, even going so far as to blame our neighbor for parking in her way. It was both fascinating and horrifying to see her so easily justify this behavior.

My siblings and I did some digging and discovered that in New York, where my parents were living, anyone can file an anonymous "request for driver review." The form asked for some basic information before getting to the heart of the matter: "Your reasons for reporting this driver."

​Months later, Mom received a letter from the DMV informing her that she had been "reported" and was now required to take both the state's written and road driving tests within the month. Talk about livid. She was convinced that it was her neighbor — the one with the smashed car — who had ratted her out. Her outrage masked equal parts humiliation and the fear of losing her independence, worsened by a subsequent lung cancer diagnosis and surgery that, on the bright side, gave her an extension for taking the test.
    While recovering from her surgery, she enrolled in a local driving school. She knew from the DMV letter that if she failed to appear or to pass, her license would be revoked. "I've been driving my entire lifetime," she explained to me. "I'll know when it's time for me to stop."
    Finally, on the appointed day and hour, Shelia drove Mom to the DMV for the test. She passed the written part but failed the road test. When I talked to her later in the day, she sounded dejected but also furious at the examiner, who she said had been rude and condescending. A week later, his evaluation came in the mail: He had dinged Mom for poor judgment, being inattentive to traffic, failing to stay in the proper lane, impeding traffic flow, poor acceleration, poor steering, delayed braking and more. Indeed, his comments were rude and condescending, but they were entirely accurate. His final words:
    "Extremely dangerous!! Turns wide into wrong side of road! Poor late braking. No observation at all backing. Completely unaware of surroundings. FAILED."

Exerpt from How to Get an Elderly Unsafe Driver to Stop

Thread Information