Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol snyone saying this was a successful off season for sa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the goal is to lose then no don’t fire pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the goal is to lose then no don’t fire pop.
    the holt kids would never. Pop gets a free ride for atleast one more season if he wants

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In tank I trust

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grandpa ain't giving the keys up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about pop that drives me nuts is that he routinely goes back on what he says. Por ejemplo, he said in pre-season that because we didn't have a go to scorer or group that would dominate, everyone would get lots of run because nobody would play more than 30 minutes. Yet, against the Clippers, 4 of our 5 starters played 30+ with DM getting almost 40 (McBuckets played 29 and change to be accurate). Even against a T-Wolves team where we were getting our asses handed to us all night long, and on DM's worst game of the year, he still played 30, and several others were in the mid to high 20s.

Meanwhile, Jock Landale can't buy a ing minute off the bench, prior to COVID. Primo our #12 pick has played 6 ing minutes of pure garbage time in 11 games with the club. Tre Jones, a hopeful bench guy for years to come, who you want to see develop, is averaging 7.5 minutes. Etc.

And this isn't the first time Pop has hosed players with ty rotations. He obviously famously said just last year how Samanic had earned more playing time then promptly sat his ass, with no minutes for 12 straight games.

I'm all about the tank. I'm a general in the tank commander unit, matter of fact. But Pop is still trying to win AND not developing his potential talent. Primo sitting in dribbling camp on a 4-11 team only playing 3 games thus far is ing criminal .

Time for him to go at season's end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about pop that drives me nuts is that he routinely goes back on what he says. Por ejemplo, he said in pre-season that because we didn't have a go to scorer or group that would dominate, everyone would get lots of run because nobody would play more than 30 minutes. Yet, against the Clippers, 4 of our 5 starters played 30+ with DM getting almost 40 (McBuckets played 29 and change to be accurate). Even against a T-Wolves team where we were getting our asses handed to us all night long, and on DM's worst game of the year, he still played 30, and several others were in the mid to high 20s.

Meanwhile, Jock Landale can't buy a ing minute off the bench, prior to COVID. Primo our #12 pick has played 6 ing minutes of pure garbage time in 11 games with the club. Tre Jones, a hopeful bench guy for years to come, who you want to see develop, is averaging 7.5 minutes. Etc.

And this isn't the first time Pop has hosed players with ty rotations. He obviously famously said just last year how Samanic had earned more playing time then promptly sat his ass, with no minutes for 12 straight games.

I'm all about the tank. I'm a general in the tank commander unit, matter of fact. But Pop is still trying to win AND not developing his potential talent. Primo sitting in dribbling camp on a 4-11 team only playing 3 games thus far is ing criminal .

hes a great coach but obviously just doesn't have the horses anymore.When lma wanted out,and kawhi left the time was there to rebuild. The old man hung on trying to "win" while making awful trades ,and fa decisions. Patfo keep digging themselves a deeper and deeper hole

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whoever doesnt want Pop fired is pretty stupid. And even tho I love seeing the team lose, i am also pretty sure they will up the draft. So whenever Pop goes away, I hope everyone in FO goes with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fire ducks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seconded.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Pop coaching until he's 102 if it meant we could get ride of that pos ducks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan was great
    He made Pop a great coach
    Pop is not a great coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop just still coaches like he‘s coaching a playoff team, cause he doesn’t know better. Experiment with line ups so everybody knows how to play with each other in the post season. Don’t play rookies at all. Etc. etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I spoke with the President of Operation and unfortunately Ducks he does not share your same sentiments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop fired Bob Hill after he started the season at 3-15 or something like that.

Pop will be close to that record and should be fired as well if he does get there and have someone else finish the year just like he did.

let it come full circle for him.

i appreciate him for what he did with the big 3 but its past the time to move on. please do so.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop just still coaches like he‘s coaching a playoff team, cause he doesn’t know better. Experiment with line ups so everybody knows how to play with each other in the post season. Don’t play rookies at all. Etc. etc.
    Lets get an update on CIA Flops record without Timmy Duncan / Prime Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only record Pop is gonna set this year is most losses in a Spurs season.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here's the devil's choice: would you rather the Spurs go 18-64, get a top 5 pick but Pop sticks around for another year to get the record, or have them finish 36-46 with the 13th pick but Pop retires?

Yeah I know the sweet spot is 26-56 (the minimum Pop needs to claim the record outright), just wondering which one you (or anyone else) would pick if you had to choose between the two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the devil's choice: would you rather the Spurs go 18-64, get a top 5 pick but Pop sticks around for another year to get the record, or have them finish 36-46 with the 13th pick but Pop retires?

Yeah I know the sweet spot is 26-56 (the minimum Pop needs to claim the record outright), just wondering which one you (or anyone else) would pick if you had to choose between the two.
    Not the poster you're replying to, but it's really interesting to me how people have convinced themselves that the coaching record is the make-or-break for Pop staying or going off the team. There's no devil's choice in my eyes: he could perfectly leave after this "tanking" season, but I equally see him getting the record, and staying despite it, and being like "oh, I got the record? So what?" when a reporter asks him about it.

I'm surprised people are so binary about it when Pop has never expressed a desire for chasing this record, or any one of them. If I had to guess, I'd say this is his last season, with getting the record or not being irrelevant to that determination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ducks is upset that the NBA has never hired a midget computer repairman from Yuma as head coach.

Thread Information