San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is the Spurs schedule from now til after the Rodeo Road Trip

Suns @

Dec 15th trade availability deadline

Rockets @
    Nets
    Clippers
    Grizzles @ ? Beat us on TP retirement night, always play us tough in Memphis
    Mavs @
    Pistons ? already kicked the crap out of the Spurs once
    Warriors - only potential sure fire win? So was the Cavs ...
    Thunder
    Bucks @
    Bucks
    Boston @
    Grizzles @ ? Same as above
    Raptors @
    Heat @
    Hawks ? Another dose of Trae Young to deal with ...
    Heat
    Suns @
    Pelicans @ ? Never play well in NOLA, regardless who the Pels put out on the floor
    Suns
    Raptors
    Bulls @ ? Only split with them last year ...
    Jazz
    Hornets ? They swept us last year, and Graham is starting to develop a great Kemba impression

Rodeo Road Trip

Clippers @
    Lakers @
    Portland @
    Kings @
    Denver @
    Thunder @

All Star Break

Jazz @
    Thunder @ ... you see any wins on this trip, I don't

I honestly can not say I favor the Spurs in any of these games except the Warriors. That is it! If the Spurs win 5 games in this stretch of 32, I will be SHOCKED! This season is a wash! The longer you hold on to DeRozen and LMA, the less you will get for them in February because your record will be putrid. This team's record is 9-15. They may not get to 15 wins till the end of February or beginning of March!!

And Spurs ownership, the Holt siblings, need to step up, and start putting THEIR stamp on what this franchise is going to be in the future, and how it's going to be run. Pop has had his time. It is over ... look at the stats from this Cavs game alone! 16 3pt attempts!! 31 rebounds all game!! Only 19 assists!! It's completely irresponsible to have your franchise run this way!! The NBA as a whole are putting up 85 to 90 shots a game and 35 to 40 are 3pt attempts!! And it's completely irresponsible of the franchise who showed the rest of the league the value of playing with pace and space, pushing the ball with purpose, hitting the transition 3 before the defense sets up, like the Spurs did in crushing LeBron and the Heat 4-1 in the 2014 Finals to now be the dinosaur of the league!! Where is all this data and analytics, player development, and shooting improvement gone?? Brown, Budenholzer, Monty Williams, Chad Forcier, Udoka, Boylen, Sean Marks, Presty ... God, Presty couldn't wait to detonate Paul George and Westbrook!! What are we doing debating about Demar and LMA?? Good grief!!

To me, this season is gone ... use the rest of it to plot how front office, coaches, and players will be evaluated for what the Spurs are going to look like in the future, and then work the plan. And it needs to be the OWNERS setting the tone in the front office first, not POP, moving things forward for what moves will be made in season and in the off season. Nobody needs to be considered sacred anymore ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring it on! Derozan and mills are ready

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s go, lottery!

This team not getting more than 20 wins this season would be a dream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s go, lottery!

This team not getting more than 20 wins this season would be a dream.
    Yea, it will be awesome next year when pop sends our lottery pick to the g league to get over himself. Maybe by year 3 he will be able to carve out 5 to 10 minutes a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, it will be awesome next year when pop sends our lottery pick to the g league to get over himself. Maybe by year 3 he will be able to carve out 5 to 10 minutes a game
    Pop will hopefully be retired before the start of the next season, sooner if we’re lucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened, we extended Pop for another 6 seasons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6th toughest remaining schedule...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enter young Skywalker IV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully, the incoming losses will force Pop's hand and they will blow it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Forbes gets good minutes and touches you will be happy. Don't think you're special. Just enjoy seeing the underdog triumph.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good question. Would Pop play a rookie lottery pick over a washed up vet? I think the answer almost 100%, NO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enter young Skywalker IV.
    Is pop still coaching? If so, don’t get hopes up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good question. Would Pop play a rookie lottery pick over a washed up vet? I think the answer almost 100%, NO.
    I don't get this argument at all. Like, Pop's coaching and rotations have been awful and whatnot, but where is the track record for him sending lottery picks to the GL to develop? It's 0/2 as far as I can tell, and players who clearly exceed the talent pool of the GL are brought up or shut down, like Lonnie was in SL (shut down apparently doesn't translate to immediate playing time, but that's another matter entirely). If we manage to draft a player with enough talent and skillset to handle the big boy league, I really doubt he'd be sent to Austin - we've just been drafting project players which require the development time.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't get any worse than losing. , if they scheduled the Cavs for every single game in that stretch, I'm not sure this team would have a .500 record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's an odd feeling, having been a spurs fan for so long, to juxtapose the two opposing feelings of the emotive (i.e., wanting the spurs to win each game) and the pragmatic (i.e., wanting the spurs to get as bad a record as they can so that they can get a high lottery pick). definitely a strange feeling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is the Spurs schedule from now til after the Rodeo Road Trip

Suns @

Dec 15th trade availability deadline

Rockets @
    Nets
    Clippers
    Grizzles @ ? Beat us on TP retirement night, always play us tough in Memphis
    Mavs @
    Pistons ? already kicked the crap out of the Spurs once
    Warriors - only potential sure fire win? So was the Cavs ...
    Thunder
    Bucks @
    Bucks
    Boston @
    Grizzles @ ? Same as above
    Raptors @
    Heat @
    Hawks ? Another dose of Trae Young to deal with ...
    Heat
    Suns @
    Pelicans @ ? Never play well in NOLA, regardless who the Pels put out on the floor
    Suns
    Raptors
    Bulls @ ? Only split with them last year ...
    Jazz
    Hornets ? They swept us last year, and Graham is starting to develop a great Kemba impression

Rodeo Road Trip

Clippers @
    Lakers @
    Portland @
    Kings @
    Denver @
    Thunder @

All Star Break

Jazz @
    Thunder @ ... you see any wins on this trip, I don't

I honestly can not say I favor the Spurs in any of these games except the Warriors. That is it! If the Spurs win 5 games in this stretch of 32, I will be SHOCKED! This season is a wash! The longer you hold on to DeRozen and LMA, the less you will get for them in February because your record will be putrid. This team's record is 9-15. They may not get to 15 wins till the end of February or beginning of March!!

And Spurs ownership, the Holt siblings, need to step up, and start putting THEIR stamp on what this franchise is going to be in the future, and how it's going to be run. Pop has had his time. It is over ... look at the stats from this Cavs game alone! 16 3pt attempts!! 31 rebounds all game!! Only 19 assists!! It's completely irresponsible to have your franchise run this way!! The NBA as a whole are putting up 85 to 90 shots a game and 35 to 40 are 3pt attempts!! And it's completely irresponsible of the franchise who showed the rest of the league the value of playing with pace and space, pushing the ball with purpose, hitting the transition 3 before the defense sets up, like the Spurs did in crushing LeBron and the Heat 4-1 in the 2014 Finals to now be the dinosaur of the league!! Where is all this data and analytics, player development, and shooting improvement gone?? Brown, Budenholzer, Monty Williams, Chad Forcier, Udoka, Boylen, Sean Marks, Presty ... God, Presty couldn't wait to detonate Paul George and Westbrook!! What are we doing debating about Demar and LMA?? Good grief!!

To me, this season is gone ... use the rest of it to plot how front office, coaches, and players will be evaluated for what the Spurs are going to look like in the future, and then work the plan. And it needs to be the OWNERS setting the tone in the front office first, not POP, moving things forward for what moves will be made in season and in the off season. Nobody needs to be considered sacred anymore ...
    "Worse" means we win about 50% of the games up to the break. This will put us near the bubble. That's the worst. The low win teams get rewarded, high win teams get rewarded. Bubble teams get on, so it's better to lose always than to just win enough to be ignored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't get any worse than losing. , if they scheduled the Cavs for every single game in that stretch, I'm not sure this team would have a .500 record.
    Only if you think the NBA is always about this season. The Spurs aren't winning a ring this season. The Warriors will have had one bad season, then they'll get a high draft pick to go with Steph, Klay and Draymond. Spurs meanwhile will cruise along with their last lottery pick being someone who's already retired and their jersey in the rafter - Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information