Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The neutering of Dejounte is a sight to behold tbh. He started off the season attacking the basket on every fast break. It only took Pop 25 games to make sure he looks completely lost in transition and making terrible decisions every time he's out on the open court.....

Actually - the entire team outside of Lonnie is straight garbage whenever they have 2-1, 3-2 advantage in the open court.....I wonder how long before Lonnie is neutered as well
    So predictable. I joked with a buddy early on that Pop was going to pull the reins on Murray and he going to completely stunt everything he was doing and look completely different before long. I was hoping after the Kawhi fiasco that Pop has learned his lesson. Nope. He ain’t changing his ways at 70.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hoping this game is the last game I see this team constructed the way it is.
    Amen!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some more fun musings:

-Re Derozan going from 5 3point attempts the previous game to 0 again
    -They should have lost the Kings game as well
    -Imagine being re ed enough to say Lonnie wasn't an NBA level player and not killing yourself immediately after the Rockets game
    -Outside of a Derozan/LMA trade, the best thing that could happen to this franchise would be Bryn blowing out his achilles. What an absolute piece of garbage player. Him suffering a career-ender is the only thing that could save the franchise from picking that loser over White/Lonnie down the line...
    -I'd rather have present day Jerry Sloan than that POS running the team now....

Ban me, tbh. Save me from having to care about this garbage organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said this in another thread that I can take watching Spurs lose and go through some growing pains , however Pop is making this team so unfun to watch as a fan. I don't know how much more I can stomach watching his show pet line-ups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The neutering of Dejounte is a sight to behold tbh. He started off the season attacking the basket on every fast break. It only took Pop 25 games to make sure he looks completely lost in transition and making terrible decisions every time he's out on the open court.....

Actually - the entire team outside of Lonnie is straight garbage whenever they have 2-1, 3-2 advantage in the open court.....I wonder how long before Lonnie is neutered as well
    true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hoping that the benching of forbes at the end of the game is a sign of things to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told ya'll all along that this is Pop's last year coaching. I also feel like Mike D'antoni will be in serious consideration for being the next coach after being let go by the Rockets. He is the perfect coach for us tbh.

The young guns will get their minutes in January.We are tanking boys by playing the vets and that's a good thing. Pop hates it and probably isn't doing it purposefully, but here we are anyways. The worst part is that the West beyond sucks this year and we may backdoor ourselves into the playoffs

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope that this loss trigger the trades. Dec 15 is the date.
    It's a shame to lose against the Cavs in our home.
    Our bench is better than our starters.

I'm not super fan of Poeltl but the guy is a good defensive player and with the lack of defense in our team he need to play more.
    Pop is a confidence killer. Look Bertans how relax is playing in Was is a killer now and Baynes is playing great after leaving SA.

He like to control the players to fit a broken system, same as Phil Jackson in NY.

Agreed. Our best lineup is probably Jakob, White, Walker, Murray, and Gay/Lyles?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These rotations Pop trots out there every night is so frustrating to watch. As bad a Murray was on offense he still should’ve gotten more minutes. Him and White were getting toasted by Sexton but at least Murray was causing tipped passes and rebounding. Walker was the only guy who played really good defense on Sexton.

the GM has got to save Pop from himself and trade Forbes, DeRozan, or Aldridge. Pop needs to stop being afraid of playing Walker, Murray, and White together also.

I hate to say it but this loss like a lot of them so far this season is on Pop and his bad rotations

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great write up Timvp. I think that was your harshest criticism of the team that I have ever read. It was deserved. I think we all agree , this was pathetic. Not sure what was worse, this game or the pistons. Coaches, and players lose their jobs and spot in the rotations with these performances. The loss of seasoned coaches who could challenge Pop and players respected is huge. Our veterans are stuck in their ways with poor habits, and our head coach cant seem to figure out the beat rotation to start or play during the game. The end result is this Yeas's Spurs.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My opinion - Pop was so worried about dropping a game against the Cavs that he kept going with the older, more experienced (and more highly paid) players. But those are the guys who got the team into this mess. Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Maybe he's just gone off the deep end?

Whatever the reason, leaving Lonnie on the bench so long is worthy of an F. An F- TBH. I don't think he needs to be given bonus points for finally cutting back on Forbes. The Spurs got outscored in the first by 9 points, and Forbes started. Not a coincidence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA's shot wasn't falling tbh but the reason we lost that game was DeFrozen. I can't believe they got the same grade. If LMA deserved a D+ then DePression needs a F.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Our best lineup is probably Jakob, White, Walker, Murray, and Gay/Lyles?
    White, Walker, and Murray. Has that obvious lineup even played one minute together this season? To be that uncurious suggests Pop really is not altogether there, mentally. On the other hand, he might be being exposed as a guy that only knows how to win one way: by relying on vets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carrol is washed. He's this year's Dante Cunningham. When we played the Celtics Scalabrine called it out instantly, that Carrol looked like he was running in sand.
    Sadly, Cunningham was actually more useful than Carroll this season. At least he could be bothered to make an occasional three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly, Cunningham was actually more useful than Carroll this season. At least he could be bothered to make an occasional three.
    And Cunningham was on a 1—year deal at about half the salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some more fun musings:

-Re Derozan going from 5 3point attempts the previous game to 0 again
    -They should have lost the Kings game as well
    -Imagine being re ed enough to say Lonnie wasn't an NBA level player and not killing yourself immediately after the Rockets game
    -Outside of a Derozan/LMA trade, the best thing that could happen to this franchise would be Bryn blowing out his achilles. What an absolute piece of garbage player. Him suffering a career-ender is the only thing that could save the franchise from picking that loser over White/Lonnie down the line...
    -I'd rather have present day Jerry Sloan than that POS running the team now....

Ban me, tbh. Save me from having to care about this garbage organization.
    Has anyone seen that re Monty on the forum after the Rockets game at all? Might just have done it... What a god awful take that was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Gay-Love experiment was regrettable on this night

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Favorite line in the article.
    he seemed to start to get things straightened out at the end of the third quarter … only to watch the game from the bench in the fourth quarter and overtime.
    This is why I think Murray is not doing well this season. Pop needs to learn to let them play. Walker is still doing well but how long before he gets tired of it. White Played well and did last season but has looked bad out there earlier this year.

Pop Should have got a 0. I know these are letter grades but people need to know he did nothing good not even F worthy.

Derozen should have got an F also.

Pop needs to go or else I am worried what trades we make this year.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the vets have to go, burn this down. I was willing to wait to see if they could get the season turned around by the new year but getting killed by a post-LeBron Cleveland team at home is unforgivable. Get rid of Aldridge, DeRozan, Mills, Belinelli, Forbes, Gay, Carroll, burn this mother er down.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-13-2019 at 02:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's grade was too high but otherwise agree

murray absolutely needs a longer leash. he's going to make mistakes, but having him learn through them is critical. this isn't game 7 of a playoff series where we absolutely cant afford to have growing pains. this is exactly the time to allow guys to learn, so that when the end of the season rolls around, they're playing at a more desirable level.

walker's issue isn't even having a short leash. that would imply his playing time is getting cut short after he makes a mistake. no. his playing time is short for absolutely no good reason, and in favor of more minutes for belinelli.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But at least play White-Murray-Walker.
    To Pop's credit, he did play White and Murray at the same time

JK, it was only for two seconds.

>Murray at the scorer's table
    >White (embarrassingly, tbh) gets his layup pinned between the rim and the backboard by Cedi Osman
    >Jump ball
    >Coaches think White has to be in the jump ball so Murray comes in for Forbes
    >It was a jump ball at midcourt so any two players could jump
    >Spurs win the jump ball but Murray watches the ball go out of bounds
    >Murray watching the ball go out of bounds was the two seconds White and Murray played together
    >"It just didn't work out"
    >Pop has Patty Mills sprint to the scorer's table to check in for White

It's almost comical at this point when White and Murray accidentally end up on the floor at the same time during the scrambled lineups and Pop acts like it's a national emergency that must be corrected immediately

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the vets have to go, burn this down. I was willing to wait to see if they could get the season turned around by the new year but getting killed by a post-LeBron Cleveland team at home is unforgivable. Get rid of Aldridge, DeRozan, Mills, Belinelli, Forbes, Gay, Carroll, burn this mother er down.
    I agree I hardly Watch anymore of their games I just toon it and then end to see if they lost and then I go to my safe space “Draft Net 2020” and hope we get a top 10 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It was premeditated, damn it!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally the OP didn't watch the game. Giving murray white better grades than f. Lonnie with an A? Please.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    nice to see timvp finally going in on the Spurs and Pop in his grades

Thread Information