Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems Pop is doing this on purpose. I was amazed when I seen him sub in DJM for Forbes and left White in. I got a little excited but just like that he realized it at the last moment and subbed out White for mills. He did it because he has to show he's in charge. Pop understands that's what the fans want to see but haven't gotten over himself. His post game interviews have gotten old and I'm a use to be huge Pop fan. Carma should get him. LW4 should ask out of San Antonio and I'll start to pull for Whatever team he goes to besides the Lakers, GSW, Dallas or Houston. There is no reason LW4 shouldn't be at least the 7th or 8th man at the very least. Pop is messing up his growth. DJM is not more talented than LW4 but he has his niche which is hustle, rebounding and defense. Lamarsha Softridge needs to be traded but may be hard to do that after resigning him. WHY DID SA DO THAT? If LMA jumper isn't on than he is a worse player than Poetl. He has no touch at all around the basket ( have you ever noticed that he never has a chance at an AND 1 because he can not finish around the basket) therefore he takes his fadeaway jumpers. He can't dribble so it's hard for him to drive to the basket. DDR should not be traded before LMA but should be traded because if he can't start at the shooting guard position than he has to go because he is no SF. As long as LMA is the so called best player on the team this team is going no where. Riddle me this, Why does Pop insist on playing G- League Forbes and Fifty together and not DJM and White. Doesn't add up. Bench unit as of now should always be DJM-FIFTY-LW4-GAY-POETL. Gay only because there is no other option at that spot but he looks very slow and old and should not be starting. I believe he's only starting because of the money they signed him up for. Him and LMA is not good for the Spurs. Starters for the time being should be White-DDR- BELI-LYLES-SOFTRIDGE. Forbes should be sent down to play with our rookies in the H- League. Carroll in this scenario should eventually get Gay's minutes. Give DJM till next year to judge because he is coming off a significant injury. Pop deserves a big F Minus. Peace out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is criminal that Lonnie is being misused like this. He is their most explosive player and arguably their best on ball defender. I don't understand anything this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their performance was UN- ING-ACCEPTABLE.

It was embarrassing to the point that I now want the tank to ensue or I want to trade DeRozan because he's just simply not able to control his emotions.

But most likely, it just needs to be blown the up. Forbes has to go and should never start again. Etc. Etc. Etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are 3-0 in their last three games vs West playoff hopefuls.
    They are 1-4 in their last five games vs. sub-.500 East teams

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Pop's credit, he did play White and Murray at the same time

JK, it was only for two seconds.

It's almost comical at this point when White and Murray accidentally end up on the floor at the same time during the scrambled lineups and Pop acts like it's a national emergency that must be corrected immediately

It was almost funny for just a minute. Then it was just sad. How can you think anything other than Pop just really doesn't want them on the floor together? I keep thinking that can't be it, but I can't come up with any logical explanation. , last night you'd think he would just roll with it for a couple of minutes, but he rushed Patty in there. I'm out of excuses for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at our next games seems that bad times are coming...and this means that this is probably gonna be our lottery year.
    Some clues about that...
    a) we compete and we are sometimes winning just the games against the strong teams we hate (Clippers 'cause of n°2 and Houston) but we lose, also at home, with some miserable teams (last one the cavs);
    b) Pop sometimes makes line ups that don't make sense if you wanna win the game;
    c) we are playing a kind of rythm just for the sake of DDR, Gay and LMA and they are still having decents stats years but not enough to contribute to a winning squad when they're in...

The point is that we are full of players with important roles but losers mentality aka "if we're not competing for the le, I'm gonna be in my best shape and give the maximum effort just in my last year before free agency". So this is not the year for LMA to produce at his best...simply because he's guaranteed for another year. For Rudy Gay its the same. They both are over 30 by some years and both will have their last "career years" next year. Probably the same will be for Carroll in the sense that his effort for learning the system will be seen more next year (last one is guaranteed for only a limited amount) than this one.
    DDR is only possibly in the same situation. its true that this could be his last contract year (next one is a player option)...and in fact he is looking sometimes to give his best effort...but looks like this is not enough for receiving a max offer next year (and sometimes he is simply doing too much for his capabilities...see clutch minutes) so he's probably already thinking to exercise his 27 million player option for next year.

That said, of our other players Mills, Forbes, Belinelli and Poeltl all of them in contract years, have simply too many defensive (or, in case of Poeltl, offensive) flaws to be relevant enough...and if I am the FO I'm not giving them a new contract except if its for very favorable money (Minimum for Belli, no more than 3/5 millions x year for Mills and Forbes, no more than 5/7 millions x year to Jakob).
    Lyles is new to the system and so his role is not relevant enough...
    The young guys are still learning the game (DJM) recovering from injuries (DJM and White) or simply not playing too much (Lonnie) or at all (all of our picks of this year plus Metu)

All signs and rational clues lead to this like our first lottery year after more than 20 years...
    Probably at this point, I mean december 15, our FO is seriously evaluating the trade market value of our best veterans.... and if they are gonna be more valuable next year...(not only as a trading value but also simply as players in our team).

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tangent, but was Tim not on the bench coaching last night? Bare with me while I speculate wildly, but I want to think that Pop was trying to assure Becky that she has a strong role on this team. And so not only is Pop having difficulties building trust with his young players, but his young coaches as well.

I think Becky has to be the coach next year, and the idea of the Kansas coach, who has been in college forever, wiuld likely have an awful transition, not matter how good he is in college.
    Becky was very active and vocal of late ... starting to think there's something definitely going on with pop and assistant coaches. Where before she wsnt that much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know things are looking grim when even timvp is turning on Pop ...
    Well, the Spurs can't even stop middle of the road NBA players from going off against them - and then Pop keeps riding Mills and Belinelli down the stretch. You wouldn't believe that stuff if it was in a movie ...

Thread Information