My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...that also had one or two established REAL go-to players that can carry them home to the finish line of games. Of course, we don't have those players and THAT is the problem with them, especially with a soon to be 35 year old Aldridge. They certainly would help teams that needed complimentary pieces but they shouldn't be relied upon to carry serious contenders for any season. This team could be better constructed around them with what we have but at the end of the day, they will still take the big shots in crunch time more often than not...and MISS those shots much more often than not. The pressure is too much for them. We aren't in position to make the best use of them.

So, to those clamoring for more Walker, Murray, and White, with less Forbes, Beli and Mills, that would improve things but we're still left with those two players who will continue to command the ball and choke games away. Maybe someday, our young guys can grow to be go-to players but it's not going to happen this season and not while the aforementioned two players are still on the team. Of course, I want to keep seeing more of those young guys but without our best two players.

Why continue this trend with them? Just to keep the playoff streak alive? Wouldn't PATFO be doing the franchise and fans a better favor by trading those guys and maximizing their future? , we'd be doing DeRozan and LMA a favor by trading them because I'm sure they hate the roles they have. We had big intentions in getting LMA in the offseason in '15 but it just didn't work out. It likely would've worked out had a certain piece of from Los Angeles didn't exaggerate an injury and hold the franchise hostage. But it didn't work in our favor and we were forced to settle for DeRozan. Two seasons later, and it's painfully obvious that DeRozan won't make LMA any more useful and vice versa. The third time won't be the charm next season either. So just trade them. They aren't bad players. They just aren't fit for this team. Time to move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shut up got.

Stupid ass boring vanilla casual mainstream PATFO fans thread..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shut up got.

I'm criticizing PATFO with this you stupid lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shut up got.

Trigger happy fake edgelord response, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with them is they need to be featured heavily and need touches to be a factor. LMA especially starts sulking and playing with less intensity if he doesn't get the ball. He was already crying when Nephew was still here as the #1 option. They would be useful to have on a championship team if they were fine with being the 3rd option, which is best suited for both of them at this point. They're useful right now in that they're both helping this team play its way into the lottery given their current roles.

The Spurs went from a cohesive Big 3 and Nephew to the guard and center version of Carmelo Anthony without a 3 point shot.
    Last edited by timtonymanu; 12-13-2019 at 11:56 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm criticizing PATFO with this you stupid lol.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was watching Aldridge last night, and remembered some of the matchups he had against Duncan in the past. He's a shadow of the player he was. His numbers are notably off this year, even compared to last year. 34 is sort of a magic age where big men tend to fall off. Some 33, some 35, but right around there. Even Tim had a lackluster year at 34, but he bounced back for two or three years. Part of it may be that Aldridge doesn't want to be here so much, but don't think that he has a lot of prime tread on the tires.

I wanted to believe that DDR was going to change, but now I think he'll be the same on any team. He's too ball dominant, and too much of an offense-stopper.

A truly exceptional player like Tim could make one of them better. One, not two at the same time. But both of them demand their touches so much, I have to wonder if they wouldn't still be a negative, even with someone like Tim on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim just knew how to play. How to contest shots. Where to be on defense. How to pass out of a double team. How set a pick. How to recognize when and how to get a good shot. I miss him so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shut up got.

It might be a bit generic and captain-obvious at this point, but...what did he say that was wrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shut up got.

Apa telling anyone to shut up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It might be a bit generic and captain-obvious at this point, but...what did he say that was wrong?
    You think it would be but the reason I was stating the obvious is because some posts make it seem like DeRozan and LMA shouldn't even be in the league anymore. Quite a few teams would love to have them as third options or whenever they need a breather from jacking up 60 three point shots a game. Trading is easier said than done, of course. Also, I realize they demand their touches but at this stage in their careers, especially LMA, you'd have to believe they'd prefer a shot at a ring than playing alongside Forbes and thus, would come to accept their true roles as complimentary pieces. LMA, I'm sure, would give up his "my touches" shtick going on 35 if it meant he could ring or at least go to a Finals.
    Last edited by SpurPadre; 12-14-2019 at 02:16 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think it would be but the reason I was stating the obvious is because some posts make it seem like DeRozan and LMA shouldn't even be in the league anymore. Quite a few teams would love to have them as third options or whenever they need a breather from jacking up 60 three point shots a game. Trading is easier said than done, of course. Also, I realize they demand their touches but at this stage in their careers, especially LMA, you'd have to believe they'd prefer a shot at a ring than playing alongside Forbes and thus, would know their true roles as complimentary pieces.
    LMA, the guy that wanted out after making the WCF for the first time ever in his career and nearly signed with Phoenix when they were still a lottery team. I never felt like the guy cared much about winning but I agree with the rest of your post.

I don’t think people think they’re not NBA level players anymore, just that they are fake stars. They don’t make their team better and shouldn’t be first options on teams seriously contending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA, the guy that wanted out after making the WCF for the first time ever in his career and nearly signed with Phoenix when they were still a lottery team. I never felt like the guy cared much about winning but I agree with the rest of your post.

I don’t think people think they’re not NBA level players anymore, just that they are fake stars. They don’t make their team better and shouldn’t be first options on teams seriously contending.
    That was then though and the league has changed a lot since then and again, he's going to be 35 in a few months. I just don't think it's impossible that he'd change his tune after witnessing this show. He clearly thought he'd win a ring when he signed to play for the team...as did we.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was then though and the league has changed a lot since then and again, he's going to be 35 in a few months. I just don't think it's impossible that he'd change his tune after witnessing this show. He clearly thought he'd win a ring when he signed to play for the team...as did we.
    He wants to go back to Portland who has no shot of contending for a le any time soon. To me, it’s his at ude on the floor. Been that way his whole time here and even during his Portland days. Doesn’t show leadership during timeouts or on the floor that make me think “yeah this guy wants to win.” Limited guys/role players like Patty and Danny always had body language that screams winner during the contending years. Even Derozan with his loser tendencies still looks like he gives a when he’s out there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either we want it or not we're gonna suck for a few years with or without Pop. Three HOFers retired and a POS uncle send us back to the stone age, it is what it is. It happens to the every team eventually. I'm not a believer on any of the young players. I thought D. White was gonna be something(i really liked his bball IQ) but he has limitations that hold him back, i dont like the bball IQ of the other young players. We need new talent and real talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either we want it or not we're gonna suck for a few years with or without Pop. Three HOFers retired and a POS uncle send us back to the stone age, it is what it is. It happens to the every team eventually. I'm not a believer on any of the young players. I thought D. White was gonna be something(i really liked his bball IQ) but he has limitations that hold him back, i dont like the bball IQ of the other young players. We need new talent and real talent.
    Lonnie has good, or at least not bad, IQ. He's always putting himself in a position to be used or catch a good pass for an open shot... Passes that never come due to the nature of this team. White, who has been dealing with injuries and should be on the ing bench resting if it weren't for Pop's stubbornness, is also limited by this: how many times have we seen him bring the ball up the court, then make a starting pass to either LMA or DD, who empty out the shot clock for a selfish ISO that clanks the rim? The endless repe ive plays flash through my eyes as I type this, tbh. No player can excel in a team built like the Spurs are right now, other than the ball-hogging "stars", who ironically aren't good enough to excel after being force fed.

We need to shed this dead weight. Only then can we see what we truly have in our young players, once they're allowed to play as an actual team. You see the ball movement with the bench unit, the quick play, and how soon it ends once LMA/DD step on the court? Players notice it as well. Time for change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Spurs have a player on the team who did at age 20 what nephew did in his MVP candidate year at age 25. So technically that player is on the roster. The problem is the coach is blind

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar would be good as a role player. The problem is the terrible coaching is having him play the role of a star, which he is clearly not capable of.

The poor roster construction and poor coaching of that roster can be blamed on one man. This is what happens when you surround yourself with nothing but 'yes' men

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...that also had one or two established REAL go-to players that can carry them home to the finish line of games. Of course, we don't have those players and THAT is the problem with them, especially with a soon to be 35 year old Aldridge. They certainly would help teams that needed complimentary pieces but they shouldn't be relied upon to carry serious contenders for any season. This team could be better constructed around them with what we have but at the end of the day, they will still take the big shots in crunch time more often than not...and MISS those shots much more often than not. The pressure is too much for them. We aren't in position to make the best use of them.
    Agree. So now specifically who are those teams? Oh it's Dec 14th the day before the deadline.
    Don't tell me PATFO have made zero attempt to move them?

Thread Information