Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thought of Lonnie having to go to a hospital in Mexico
    They'll probably at least give you pain killers there.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thought of Lonnie having to go to a hospital in Mexico
    "Bring him over here. I'm only on duty for another half and hour."

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t watch game but just remembered that Booker didn’t even play and it took comeback OT to win. Eff this season tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont forget Ayton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very dumb. Rubio is driving in for a layup. You KNOW he's not going to take the shot. Instead, he draws the defense then kicks it out for a 3 hahahahaha. You cannot make this up. It happens every time we're up by 3. WHY THE ARE ANY DEFENDERS IN THE PAINT????? IF THEY WANT A LAYUP WHILE DOWN 3, THEN LET THEM HAVE THE LAYUP!!!!!!!
    "We only sign players with high basketball IQ"

Makes you wonder what Pop actually teaches them in practice. This team plays so discombobulated on both ends and the old man still hasn't figured out the right starting line up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are 10-15. 11-14 would tie you for 7th. And so many want to give up on the playoffs....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya - so many don’t think a losing record is good

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are 10-15. 11-14 would tie you for 7th. And so many want to give up on the playoffs....

I don't think many specifically want to give up on the playoffs, Bill. They want to give up on this mismatched roster, non-defending players, and stars who sulk. They want to get a decent draft pick for the first time in 20 years, and that means a big trade or finishing outside the playoffs. Both, if possible.

What you're not including is that squeaking into the playoffs, being first round fodder, and plodding through with the 17th pick or worse is a pretty good recipe for remaining first round fodder. Look at how hard they had to struggle to knock off Phoenix tonight. Now try to figure out how they're going to beat any 1-4 seed in the first round.

The fact that 11-14 would tie them for 7th in the Western Conference just says that more power is locked up in a few teams, and the Western Conference has become generally as as the Eastern Conference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because the West is bad, it doesn’t mean this team is earning the right to make the playoffs either. So many games where they are mailing it in. They are very lucky to be in this position but doesn’t mean they deserve it right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are we still winning games, tbh? we want to keep using the excuse that the FO never gets a high pick?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are we still winning games, tbh? we want to keep using the excuse that the FO never gets a high pick?
    Now that RC is ing around in the CEO chair there is no point to the tank anymore. His drafting was this team's one real compe ive advantage but now it's going to be Wayne Wright or whatever the his name is in the GM chair making the picks. Probably end up with Lavar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the point in making the playoffs for a first round exit....we are not winning anything in the near future, might as well get some decent draft picks and then get pop to retire so he doesn't stick them in Austin for 3 years before letting them sniff the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the point in making the playoffs for a first round exit....we are not winning anything in the near future, might as well get some decent draft picks and then get pop to retire so he doesn't stick them in Austin for 3 years before letting them sniff the court.
    Because playoff experience is necessary. Plus you never know, AD goes down for round, Spurs could take them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think it makes a big difference for our young players to have consistent playoffs opportunities... playoffs experience is very impt for a player's development... can u imagine our young players go through 3 seasons of ZERO playoff experience and going into the lottery every season? that's a negative environment for any player to develop in.... just look at knicks... timberwolves even....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LWIV in the 3Q helped spark the comeback. Pop started the 3rd with Bryn and PHX led by double digits so Pop is still prioritizing him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really want to see this team make the playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs had an average normal coach, missing the playoffs wouldn’t have to happen for them to get the hint that personnel changes need to happen. We could actually make the playoffs and also change the personnel.

but with pop, if he thinks he could possibly potentially make the playoffs with this current roster he won’t make a single change. So we are what we are and pop is ride or die with this current crew.

so the real question is....in pops last season do you want the team to make the playoffs with this piece of team full of players that you don’t like and don’t want to root for?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this year's draft is really weak and the Spurs won't get a top5 pick, there won't be a big differnece between the 8th and 15th pick. Making the playoffs bring some revenues, gives some experience to young players and you never know about injuries to the other teams, yu might be able to pull an upset

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To do what exactly? Making the playoffs gets us a lower draft pick which directly lowers our chances to get a good player...

If we are talking about the learning experience...then what would the young guys learn? Learn how to pout and not play hard like LMA when they don't get the ball enough? Learn to brick important freethrows like Derozan? Learn to shoot less than 25% from 3 in a series like Patty did against Denver?

Nah...those are habits I don't want Dejounte and Lonnie learning...cause when you constantly watch losers...and play with losers...and learn from losers...you become a loser...

You can already see it in Bryn...dude starting to do a lot of pouting on the sidelines even though he is arguably the worst player on this entire roster

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to Have the PO record. I know some people will say it is all about the championships and that is the only thing that matters but when was the last time you thought about who won the 1983 NBA championship? Can you even say without looking it up? Why would you want to know that? On the other hand lets just say a team gets a long PO streak going. They will look it up to see who has it. This we will constantly show on long term dominance better then a championship. Also as people have pointed out our pick in the draft would not be much different unless we win the Lottery.

The Journey Is The Reward rudwick's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just win baby.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    To do what exactly? Making the playoffs gets us a lower draft pick which directly lowers our chances to get a good player...

If we are talking about the learning experience...then what would the young guys learn? Learn how to pout and not play hard like LMA when they don't get the ball enough? Learn to brick important freethrows like Derozan? Learn to shoot less than 25% from 3 in a series like Patty did against Denver?

Nah...those are habits I don't want Dejounte and Lonnie learning...cause when you constantly watch losers...and play with losers...and learn from losers...you become a loser...

You can already see it in Bryn...dude starting to do a lot of pouting on the sidelines even though he is arguably the worst player on this entire roster
    Yeah sorry but that is bogus. There is no guarantee that a draft pick actually pans out. Take away Tim Duncan, which draft Picks have been the best after him? None of them were high picks. I personall believe that the Spurs already have a good young core, which sadly is not utilized efficently. I blame pop for it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah sorry but that is bogus. There is no guarantee that a draft pick actually pans out. Take away Tim Duncan, which draft Picks have been the best after him? None of them were high picks. I personall believe that the Spurs already have a good young core, which sadly is not utilized efficently. I blame pop for it.
    Well there is a guarantee that the higher you pick in the draft the more likely you are to get a good player...due to more good players being available the higher you pick...

You know whats bogus..."playoff experience"...

Derrick White got playoff experience last year...how he looking this year?

Bryn Forbes got playoff experience last year...how he looking this year?

You know who didn't get playoff experience last year...lonnie walker?

Out of Bryn...White...and Lonnie...who do you think has been the best this year...?

I'm going to go with Lonnie...who probably not coincidentally...was also the highest drafted player of the 3...

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so your solution is to .... lose?

Thread Information