View Poll Results: When will Flopovich find the right starting line up?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • He almost has it

3 9.38%
  • After 40 games

5 15.63%
  • After 50 games

2 6.25%
  • After 60 games

2 6.25%
  • After 70 games

0 0%
  • Never

20 62.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker in for Forbes to start. Carroll and Beli split for DD when resting. More minutes for Poeltl. Mills, White, Walker, Murray cover guard minutes. No more Forbes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably never. There's no ideal rotation on a roster this illfitting, but relatively speaking . . .

Gay
    DeRozan
    Aldridge/Poeltl
    Walker/Mills
    Murray/White

Carroll, Forbes, Lyles, Belinelli, should all be utilized situationally to fill out the final two rotation spots, but it'd probably be best if their minutes were in that order.

Murray/White is 50/50. I'd rather White play with the bench, but if Murray's lack of 3-point shooting becomes too much of an issue, swap them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carroll, Forbes, Lyles, Belinelli, should all be utilized situationally to fill out the final two rotation spots, but it'd probably be best if their minutes were in that order.
    Yeah, situational. For example, the situation to use Forbes is when you don't want any defense, and preferably no scoring, either.

You've got both Carroll and Forbes ahead of Lyles. That's it, now we know you're part of the Russian conspiracy to destroy America. You might as well confess.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When his wife comes home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When his wife comes home
    ouch

She is home... with Jesus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When his wife comes home
    You’re an idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that equals to never

bull . Tim and Tony were always starters. That's the same like this season. Aldridge and DeRozan will always start. It's about which 3 players you put around them and with Tony and Tim it was Bruce Bowen for a long stretch. Your amount of PATFO sniffing is reaching crackhead status tbh

Popovich has no clue what to do and he told reporters the same thing. This means he can not evaluate peoples basketball skills the right way, which is why this franchise is stuck with this tyass roster of scrubs and is also the reason why he plays people cause he likes their personality. That's what happens when your front office values other things more than basketball skills
    He knows but hes stubborn scrah. Hes lost it. Forbes is trash. Hes officially worst than bonner in my eyes...far worse.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't see a problem with this Aldridge playing power forward in this NBA, tbh?

I'll be honest with you, LJ. The change in Aldridge has taken place slowly, and I let some of it slip by me. I was watching him last game and thinking about him matching up with Tim in the past, and I realized just how different he really is. I barely recognize this Aldridge. I understand that players age, and I understand that he's always had some limitations in his game. But he looks like a guy going through the motions, and the results say the same. But I've also gotten to the point that I don't have a clue how much of the problem with the system is the players vs. how much of the problem with the players is the system.

So, yeah, I've got a problem with this Aldridge. I'm not so sure he would be this Aldridge, if this season had started by building on how they finished last season. He's not a young, prototypical new-NBA PF, but I think he's still serviceable.

I do know that centers (except for the obvious superstars) need a few years before you know what they're really going to be. I'm starting to have hope that Poeltl has turned that corner, and might turn out to be worthy of that draft pick. Put this Poeltl on that squad that went 7 with Denver last season, and I think they would have advanced - just on the basis of that little extra pop in the middle.

When will Pop settle on a starting lineup? "It should be: "
    Why isn't Pop juggling the lineup even more like he used to do?"

Back in his heyday, we'd see a whole lot more changes to the starting lineup and rotations than we've witnessed this season.

And that is what I was trying to say, and just didn't say it as well. This is rigidity. I don't know who this Pop is, either.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knows but hes stubborn scrah. Hes lost it. Forbes is trash. Hes officially worst than bonner in my eyes...far worse.

I don't know how to compare an undersized, one-dimensional 2 guard to a role player stretch 4 who played in a totally different era. But I don't think I've ever seen a player intentionally victimized by opposing offenses as consistently and obviously as Forbes. Bryn made 176 3's last season - the most Bonner ever made in a season was 118. Forbes ought to be perfect for this new style of play. But his defense is pathetic. The other teams are coming down the floor looking for him.

So, yeah, I agree - I think he's worse than Bonner too. And maybe the worst thing about him his that he makes so many 3's, Pop thinks he has to be on the floor. I think that's like selling stuff below cost, and trying to make up for it in volume.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, situational. For example, the situation to use Forbes is when you don't want any defense, and preferably no scoring, either.

You've got both Carroll and Forbes ahead of Lyles. That's it, now we know you're part of the Russian conspiracy to destroy America. You might as well confess.
    Forbes' spacing and Carroll being about the closest thing they have to a big wing defender, are more needed than Lyles' traditional "PF" size and defensive rebounding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As soon as the team gets a decent roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The right starting lineup does not have Forbes in it, and he ain’t benching his little UFA he’s so proud of. So never.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The answer to the original question has become clearer:

Never.

Forbes could accidentally hang himself in the netting, and Pop would still find a way to screw up the starting lineup, and the rotations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The answer to the original question has become clearer:

Never.

Forbes could accidentally hang himself in the netting, and Pop would still find a way to screw up the starting lineup, and the rotations.
    yeah cause he would start Belinelli

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah cause he would start Belinelli

Sadly,that may be an upgrade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still trying to find it huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a new phenomenon? Pop has always played mad scientist with his rotations and starting lineups, particularly in the first half of the season. , Nazr Mohammed didn't become a full-time starter until like game 78 or 79
    so how has his tinkering worked out SniffVP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs did not trade anyone expecting to get help in the buyout market, but the word is out that Pop has lost his mind and no one wants to sign with SA.

Thread Information