View Poll Results: When will Flopovich find the right starting line up?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • He almost has it

3 9.38%
  • After 40 games

5 15.63%
  • After 50 games

2 6.25%
  • After 60 games

2 6.25%
  • After 70 games

0 0%
  • Never

20 62.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25 games into the season and grandpa still doesn't know who to start. Should it be White or Murray at point? Should it be Lyles or Gay at PF? Or should Poeltl start at C with LaMarcus sliding to PF? When it's actually starting Walker for Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a new phenomenon? Pop has always played mad scientist with his rotations and starting lineups, particularly in the first half of the season. , Nazr Mohammed didn't become a full-time starter until like game 78 or 79

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a new phenomenon? Pop has always played mad scientist with his rotations and starting lineups, particularly in the first half of the season. , Nazr Mohammed didn't become a full-time starter until like game 78 or 79
    I can't remember the last time he was that confused on who he should start. It took him a lot of time last season, but he still figured it out in time. This season I don't think he'll ever get there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's tough to find a good starting line up when 2 of your "stars" with fragile egos struggle to shoot 3s, imho.
    But White/Walker/Derozan/Metu/Aldridge is the way to go tbh

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will find the right starting lineup if he goes to another team with a different bunch of players. But that's a different story.

I straight up don't understand him not starting the last 5 that he finished with last season, who came within a hair of a first round upset. The confusion over the way he opened this season has rippled through ever since. Why would he not start right there, and then make adjustments if necessary? This is the team that has thrived on continuity for his whole tenure.

And if he's such a "mad scientist" why wouldn't he have at least experimented with Forbes coming off the bench by now? What the ... a game or two to see how it looks? Maybe sliding DDR back to a more-natural 2, and seeing how that fits? This isn't his normal tinkering. This is rigidity - at least in the most important places.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The right starting lineup does not have Forbes in it, and he ain’t benching his little UFA he’s so proud of. So never.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's tough to find a good starting line up when 2 of your "stars" with fragile egos struggle to shoot 3s, imho.
    But White/Walker/Derozan/Metu/Aldridge is the way to go tbh
    I'd actually like to see how Metu would play in that role. Neither Lyles nor Gay are starters. Neither is Metu, but he's athletic, can run the floor, defend switches and can block shots. If his G-League jumper somehow translates into the NBA, he'd be useful and by his skill set he might be the best fit for the starting line up out of the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mad scientist...

dis actually think hes a mad scientist this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will find the right starting lineup if he goes to another team with a different bunch of players. But that's a different story.

I straight up don't understand him not starting the last 5 that he finished with last season, who came within a hair of a first round upset. The confusion over the way he opened this season has rippled through ever since. Why would he not start right there, and then make adjustments if necessary? This is the team that has thrived on continuity for his whole tenure.

And if he's such a "mad scientist" why wouldn't he have at least experimented with Forbes coming off the bench by now? What the ... a game or two to see how it looks? Maybe sliding DDR back to a more-natural 2, and seeing how that fits? This isn't his normal tinkering. This is rigidity - at least in the most important places.
    Yep. Exactly. This is craziness beyond "mad scientist" and re-jiggering beyond normal tinkering. Plus he doesn't have the immense stability and self-certainty of Tim, Tony and Manu to keep the ship steady while he works his madness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mad scientist...

sniff sniff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Before the season people thought the Spurs would come out strong from the go, cause they have that continuity. Just start the team that made the playoffs last year and run your sets while other teams still try to figure things out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was also traded for halfway through the season so him not getting added till late is not quite so bad as this. It may have been later in the season but it was not as many games into his Spurs career. Why he sticks with forbes nobody knows. I am also ready for him to try Metu at some PF min to see what he actually does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie and Metu's best chance at sniffing the starting lineup involves a tanking Spurs team, tbh. I think we'll naturally glide there so it's really a matter of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I straight up don't understand him not starting the last 5 that he finished with last season, who came within a hair of a first round upset. The confusion over the way he opened this season has rippled through ever since. Why would he not start right there, and then make adjustments if necessary?
    You don't see a problem with this Aldridge playing power forward in this NBA, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mad scientist...

You missed the point.

The question shouldn't be: " When will Pop settle on a starting lineup? "

It should be: " Why isn't Pop juggling the lineup even more like he used to do? "

Back in his heyday, we'd see a whole lot more changes to the starting lineup and rotations than we've witnessed this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The right starting lineup does not have Forbes in it, and he ain’t benching his little UFA he’s so proud of. So never.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When our talent level improves via trade and/or draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once the vets help clinch that 9 seed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You missed the point.

It should be: " Why isn't Pop juggling the lineup even more like he used to do? "

Back in his heyday, we'd see a whole lot more changes to the starting lineup and rotations than we've witnessed this season.
    Tim, Manu, Tony, Bruce, and one more starter were almost never touched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He basically has the last two games. Not sure he played in the second half more than 5 minutes total over both games

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he realizes he needs to start Walker over Forbes!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was also traded for halfway through the season so him not getting added till late is not quite so bad as this. It may have been later in the season but it was not as many games into his Spurs career. Why he sticks with forbes nobody knows. I am also ready for him to try Metu at some PF min to see what he actually does.
    I forgot about nazr starting late because he was traded halfway.

Leave it to SniffMVP to manipulate cir stances to fit the sniffgenda

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he realizes he needs to start Walker over Forbes!
    that equals to never

You missed the point.

bull . Tim and Tony were always starters. That's the same like this season. Aldridge and DeRozan will always start. It's about which 3 players you put around them and with Tony and Tim it was Bruce Bowen for a long stretch. Your amount of PATFO sniffing is reaching crackhead status tbh

Popovich has no clue what to do and he told reporters the same thing. This means he can not evaluate peoples basketball skills the right way, which is why this franchise is stuck with this tyass roster of scrubs and is also the reason why he plays people cause he likes their personality. That's what happens when your front office values other things more than basketball skills

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully never want to do continue to tank this team needs to upgrade the following:
    1. Forbes
    2. Beli
    3. LMA
    4. Derizz
    5. Gay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joined 2018, tbh

Thread Information