San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie has a point

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie has a point
    Honestly I want her to hit back at Sanders but more by marking out differences between her and him on policies and demeanor rather than attacks so this is not great. But really she has to do something at this point she's 70 years old and in some of the first 4 states she is not even polling at the 15% cutoff for delegates if I understand it right. She can't sit around and watch this opportunity pass her by since she is still within striking distance of the leaders

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what Trash, Repugs, and hate media are doing and will do is try start a fight between Bernie and Liz, hurting each other.

Are the smart enough not to take the bait?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The DNC is going to screw her and Bernie. What do you think about this suggestion that Nancy is holding on to the articles of impeachment so that when she does transmit them both Bernie and Warren will be in the Senate while Biden is campaigning?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I want her to hit back at Sanders but more by marking out differences between her and him on policies and demeanor rather than attacks so this is not great. But really she has to do something at this point she's 70 years old and in some of the first 4 states she is not even polling at the 15% cutoff for delegates if I understand it right. She can't sit around and watch this opportunity pass her by since she is still within striking distance of the leaders
    My man she would get demolished by Bernie. She would be exposed even more. If you look at her track record in foreign policy Elizabeth Warren is another war monger.
    The DNC is going to screw her and Bernie. What do you think about this suggestion that Nancy is holding on to the articles of impeachment so that when she does transmit them both Bernie and Warren will be in the Senate while Biden is campaigning?
    Good point. Hadn't thought of that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what Trash, Repugs, and hate media are doing and will do is try start a fight between Bernie and Liz, hurting each other.

Are the smart enough not to take the bait?
    Bernie has done behind the scenes and his speechwriter Sirota and his press secretary Briahna Joy always bash her. The script was the last straw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't pay attention to the Pelosi stuff. Progressives blame Pelosi for everything. They are just mad they don't have a progressive running the House honestly. I mean them protesting her house after Trump killed Soleimani shows how unserious and desperate a lot of these people are

I am not happy it is going down this way. I would prefer her to list 5 reasons she is better than Bernie or something. She has a much, much better legislative resume for instance. I mean Bernie named a few post offices and she created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for crying out loud

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN publishing #MePoo hit piece. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not because of her age that she isn't polling well. It's that she's a bad candidate that won't get any votes due to her idiotic policies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not because of her age that she isn't polling well. It's that she's a bad candidate that won't get any votes due to her idiotic policies.
    Well Bernie has mostly the same policies. I mentioned her age just because its kind of do or die for her at this point she can't wait around around for more and more elections. She's only 2-3 points behind Bernie in the polling averages so she isn't doing that bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only to siphon votes from hillary

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    All of this just reeks of selfishness from Bernie. If he were truly interested in getting his agenda rather than simply winning he’d be as supportive as possible of Warren as the next best choice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Bernie has mostly the same policies. I mentioned her age just because its kind of do or die for her at this point she can't wait around around for more and more elections. She's only 2-3 points behind Bernie in the polling averages so she isn't doing that bad.
    This is one of the reasons she’s a no go. At the very least she has to come out and say yeah he told me that to my face or not, that story is entirely made up.

Her decision making is...lacking.

Or maybe she knows it’s untrue but wants to benefit from the negative news Bernie is getting over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she's made several blunders on the trail so far, tbh...

first she was very dodgy on questions about taxes as they pertain to medicare for all. bernie always came out and said, yeah, taxes will go up, but because you'll be saving more on healthcare, cost will go down.

warren would just say "that question is a republican talking point, and all i'll say is cost will go down." she then later released her actual plan to pay for it, which did not raise taxes on the middle class (though i dont know if her plan is as realistic as bernie's). she either should have had that out sooner, or she should have just addressed the tax question head on from the get-go, saying that her plan will not include taxes on the middle class.

then she had the weird multi-step medicare for all plan, where she wants a public option first (and an expansion of medicare), and then "three years later we will vote for medicare for all"... like dude, you're not going to have enough political capital to pass 2 giant healthcare bills. you never know what can happen in midterms, or if congress will just try to stall you out until the next general election

and yes she's been very coy about contrasting herself from sanders.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's establishment media trashing Bernie

CNN’s Sanders Hit Piece Is a Journalistic Outrage

CNN (
    1/13/19) has an anonymously sourced hit piece out today on Bernie Sanders, claiming that at a meeting in Elizabeth Warren’s home

on December 18, 2018, he told her “a woman can’t win” the presidency.

The article, by CNN correspondent MJ Lee, is so journalistically shoddy that someone reading only the first few paragraphs would end up believing that it is a fact that the current top-polling candidate for the February 3 Iowa Caucus actually said that.

Never is Sanders’ “quote” prefaced with the term “allegedly.”

None of the four anonymous staffers/friends making the charge of Sanders sexism

were actually witnesses who were apparently in the room that day.

Two, according to Lee, spoke to Warren “shortly after” that meeting.

The other two “sources” were described only as people who “knew about the meeting.”

Sanders issued a blistering denial to CNN, saying,

“It is ludicrous to believe that at the same meeting where Elizabeth Warren told me she was going to run for president, I would tell her that a woman couldn’t win.”

So far, Warren has not commented on the story, either to confirm or deny it.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/cnns-sanders-hit-piece-is-a-journalistic-outrage/

So now we wait to hear from Warren

Or will she let CNN do its dirty work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she's made several blunders on the trail so far, tbh...

first she was very dodgy on questions about taxes as they pertain to medicare for all. bernie always came out and said, yeah, taxes will go up, but because you'll be saving more on healthcare, cost will go down.

warren would just say "that question is a republican talking point, and all i'll say is cost will go down." she then later released her actual plan to pay for it, which did not raise taxes on the middle class (though i dont know if her plan is as realistic as bernie's). she either should have had that out sooner, or she should have just addressed the tax question head on from the get-go, saying that her plan will not include taxes on the middle class.

then she had the weird multi-step medicare for all plan, where she wants a public option first (and an expansion of medicare), and then "three years later we will vote for medicare for all"... like dude, you're not going to have enough political capital to pass 2 giant healthcare bills. you never know what can happen in midterms, or if congress will just try to stall you out until the next general election

and yes she's been very coy about contrasting herself from sanders.
    Well unless you get rid of the filibuster which a lot of senators are against doing you can't pass m4all realistically even if you get the senate but you can get public option with 51 votes through reconciliation in the Senate since Pelosi/Obama already passed it on the house. With Public option passed fully finally people could transition over to it and if they like it m4all would be more palatable down the road. M4all is a pipe dream at this point since some moderate senators already came out against it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well unless you get rid of the filibuster which a lot of senators are against doing you can't pass m4all realistically even if you get the senate but you can get public option with 51 votes through reconciliation in the Senate since Pelosi/Obama already passed it on the house. With Public option passed fully finally people could transition over to it and if they like it m4all would be more palatable down the road. M4all is a pipe dream at this point since some moderate senators already came out against it.
    thats...

a good point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thing in the mailer about Warren having the most loyal followers is true at least if this poll is really is an indication

Of course I would look at it as a positive not a negative lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In May last year she mentioned this:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont understand the concept of a woman being unelectable when last election with ing hillary came within 100k votes or so in a few key states

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont understand the concept of a woman being unelectable when last election with ing hillary came within 100k votes or so in a few key states
    It's out now:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's out now:

Boots in here.

Now both Warren and Bernie look silly. Him denying he said it and Warren declining to comment just to backtrack and release a statement later.

Biden is smoking one out tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boots in here.

Now both Warren and Bernie look silly. Him denying he said it and Warren declining to comment just to backtrack and release a statement later.

Biden is smoking one out tonight.
    theres no issue with her wanting to put out her own thought-out release instead of giving a comment for another reporter to put in a story.

bernie comes out looking bad tbh... but warren with the "yes he said that but i want to keep it private" ... thats like the "no offense, but..." stuff

Thread Information