Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lets kick this off with a list of potential candidates.

Dabo Sweeney
    kirby Smart
    James Franklin
    Matt Campbell
    Matt Rhule
    Mike Gundy
    Mario Cristobal
    Kyle Whittingham

NFL Candidates
    John Harbaugh
    Mike Tomlin
    Sean Payton
    Sean McVey
    Frank Reich
    Ron Rivera
    Jon Gruden

If I had to pick I'm going all in on Dabo and force him to tell me no. After him I'm doing the same for John Harbaugh. After that it gets a little fuzzy.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    this hire will either make or break cdc.........

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    *University of Texas at Austin

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There is only one University of Texas. All others need to be designated by the city. The University.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    There is only one University of Texas. All others need to be designated by the city. The University.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Don't care what the Crest says, it's still The University of Texas, stop right there and everyone not being purposefully obtuse knows what you are talking about.

The Seal says all that needs to be said.

Last edited by Vito Corleone; 12-18-2019 at 04:29 AM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    mah flagship breh

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LMAO utsa
    LMAO thinking they are relevant
    LMAO butthurt

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Don't care what the Crest says, it's still The University of Texas, stop right there and everyone not being purposefully obtuse knows what you are talking about.

The Seal says all that needs to be said.

I went to UTSA and Vito is correct.

That's how it has always been, how it will always be.

Post Count
    Lets kick this off with a list of potential candidates.

Dabo Sweeney
    kirby Smart
    James Franklin
    Matt Campbell
    Matt Rhule
    Mike Gundy
    Mario Cristobal
    Kyle Whittingham

NFL Candidates
    John Harbaugh
    Mike Tomlin
    Sean Payton
    Sean McVey
    Frank Reich
    Ron Rivera
    Jon Gruden

If I had to pick I'm going all in on Dabo and force him to tell me no. After him I'm doing the same for John Harbaugh. After that it gets a little fuzzy.
    This thread sums the hubris Texas fans have about their program. And there’s nothing Texas could offer Dabo to leave except more presssure and criticism from the fans, alumni, and boosters. Good coaches go to Texas to die.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This thread sums the hubris Texas fans have about their program. And there’s nothing Texas could offer Dabo to leave except more presssure and criticism from the fans, alumni, and boosters. Good coaches go to Texas to die.
    I can think of a 100 million reasons Dabo would leave Clemson for Texas. Only Texas is rich enough to offer him a 10 million dollar contract and pay his assistants like an NFL franchise. When you are a winning coach at Texas and you want something, you pick up a phone call one of our many billionaire alumni and tell them what you want, and you get it. That is the difference between Texas and every other school.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I can think of a 100 million reasons Dabo would leave Clemson for Texas. Only Texas is rich enough to offer him a 10 million dollar contract and pay his assistants like an NFL franchise. When you are a winning coach at Texas and you want something, you pick up a phone call one of our many billionaire alumni and tell them what you want, and you get it. That is the difference between Texas and every other school.
    And yet all that money couldn't land a Saban.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And yet all that money couldn't land a Saban.

<Mack Brown> There were other reasons we didn't get Saban</Mack Brown>

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This will never happen. Texas has never money whipped any coach. Also, why the would Dabo want to leave a football powerhouse to come to Texas?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This will never happen. Texas has never money whipped any coach. Also, why the would Dabo want to leave a football powerhouse to come to Texas?
    Never say never, he will leave because of the payday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No he won’t. And neither will any other coach of a competent program, because they can all match. Clemson can and will match and Texas isn’t paying a coach $20 million a year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Do you know how many programs actually are making money? Clemson isn't one of them, they can't match what Texas can offer. In my estimate, Texas could probably go 12 million a year without blinking an eye, and then they can probably go another 8 million for his assistants. So all in, yes, Texas can offer 20 million to a coach like Dabo Sweeney if he is willing to come. There is nothing that Clemson can offer that can beat what Texas can offer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    See, this delusion that we can throw money at any problem is exactly why we’re laughed at. Texas has to answer to many politicians, people in power, and the court of public interest. There is no way that they will ever spend that ungodly amount of money on a football coach. Clemson, whether or not their accounting shows a profit, will undoubtedly match anything thrown at Dabo. AND WHY THE WOULD DABO WANT TO COME TO A PROGRAM THAT IS A FLAMING BAG OF DOG WHEN HE HAS BUILT ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PROGRAMS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY FROM NOTHING?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    See, this delusion that we can throw money at any problem is exactly why we’re laughed at. Texas has to answer to many politicians, people in power, and the court of public interest. There is no way that they will ever spend that ungodly amount of money on a football coach. Clemson, whether or not their accounting shows a profit, will undoubtedly match anything thrown at Dabo. AND WHY THE WOULD DABO WANT TO COME TO A PROGRAM THAT IS A FLAMING BAG OF DOG WHEN HE HAS BUILT ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PROGRAMS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY FROM NOTHING?
    Power, Prestige, Challenge, Money, Impact, there are many reasons to take on the challenge of coming to Austin. If it happens, it won't be with money from the athletic department, it will be with money from the alumni. Our alumni are getting desperate to get a winner. Just like after we fired Fred Akers we followed up with two stinkers for coaches, if we fire Herman we are going to get serious about our next hire and getting another flavor of the month coach isn't going to cut it. Texas will go after a proven winner on the P5 level.

Clemson wanting to match the money Texas can throw at him and having the ability to do so are two very different things. Clemson is not a big University, it doesn't have near the resources that Texas has. It doesn't have the alumni base that Texas has. I lived in Clemson SC, I know it's a great school with very smart people running it, but they aren't Bama, or LSU, I would compare the University to Tulane more than a typical southern school. They would have a much harder time justifying the contract like that then Texas would.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Dabo is the highest paid coach in the country.

And Clemson is doing fine financially.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissm...mson-texas-am/

Lol

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dabo is the highest paid coach in the country.

And Clemson is doing fine financially.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissm...mson-texas-am/

Lol
    Clemson is #25 on that list, but to be fair, at least now they are showing a profit, it wasn't too long ago they were in the red and relied on donors and the University to stay in the black. Also maybe I should remind you what Texas profits would look like if they had won 2 of the last 4 championships and played in 3 of the last 4.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Clemson is #25 on that list, but to be fair, at least now they are showing a profit, it wasn't too long ago they were in the red and relied on donors and the University to stay in the black. Also maybe I should remind you what Texas profits would look like if they had won 2 of the last 4 championships and played in 3 of the last 4.
    Vito, stahp. He’s not coming, ever. Unless he’s sharing the bed with Mom.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    But Dabo is the highest paid coach in the country.

Thread Information