Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that Pop genuinely cares for his players. having true love for your guys is extraordinary. But in the end, its about winning games. And when that stops happening then you gots to go.
    In the end, this season is about tanking and losing games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end, this season is about tanking and losing games
    We know we can trust the Spurs, led by Pop, to come through with the tank when it's the worst draft in ten years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know we can trust the Spurs, led by Pop, to come through with the tank when it's the worst draft in ten years.
    too bad we are not in 1997 anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, considering he did the greatest one year tank in history, I give him a pass. I mean Steve Kerr is way ahead of pop this year anyway, so that's two hall of fame coaches doing tanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, the greatest coach in the team's history is a "con man." You are a special kind of stupid if you don't think Pop played a huge part in Timmy being great or having the longevity that he had.

Oh, look. The imbecile of ST somehow think his life cir stances somehow equates to the lives and careers of a professional athlete or coach.

The only options for them ALL is the NBA or McDonald's, sure. They don't need a drill sergeant which is why a guy like Bob Knight would never have made it in the NBA. Pop in his early days was the closest to that behavior or mindset, but even he had enough sense to also care about the person too.

The team's fall from grace isn't about it becoming "bigger than basketball" (something Pop has been saying since the early 2010's), but the fact that we've replaced championship, HOF talent with guys that are way, way below that level. As well as being hamstrung by the cap, not being a "destination" city and making few impact moves in free agency (minus Aldridge).

happens.....
    All that? What a waste of a read considering we already realized the biggest obstacle which is replacing the hof talent that left. Genius analysis!

Btw, making millions putting a ball through a hoop should squash anyone's lame depression or "bball isn't life".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids around ST that doesn't know a thing about life, mocking at someone's mental health problems.

Now it's turn to criticize the coach who repeteadly won championships because at some succesful point he just realized that life is something bigger than basketball. As if any other champion wouldn't come to the same conclusion at some point.

After more than 20 successful seasons, he's having a bad one and it's fine to point at the things the team isn't doing well. Trying to discredit Popovich's career and the way he relates with players it's absolutely stupid.

Moreover, DeRozan's problems on the court have clearly their roots on his mind. He has a very poor tolerance to frustration, which affects his decission making and concentration. You would be surprised about how many pro players have low self-steem levels, most of them are really scared about being able of meeting the expectations or not (that's where all the self-assertion body language comes from). So Popovich trying to fix his mind is probably the best way he can help DeRozan to perform at his best on the court.

And yeah, Spurs defense is terrible; I don't get why Forbes keeps starting and for sure there are some PATFO decissions I disagree with but life is still bigger than basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing wrong with DDR's mind is that he is stupid as a goddam fence post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean, he's a scrub. Gotcha!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easy to have a " Basketball" philosophy when you have 5 Championship rings built off Hall of Fame players. No psycho-babble can replace the desire to be great or win. That's all bull . Phil spewed his Zen approach on players & many of them said they fell asleep, tuned him out or pretty much rolled their eyes at his nonsense. These aren't kids who need an 8th grade social studies teacher or counselor to lead them. They need game managers who put them in the right positions to succeed. The Spurs are a great example that the NBA is a players' league & the teams with the most talent and compe ive players win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids around ST that doesn't know a thing about life, mocking at someone's mental health problems.

Now it's turn to criticize the coach who repeteadly won championships because at some succesful point he just realized that life is something bigger than basketball. As if any other champion wouldn't come to the same conclusion at some point.

After more than 20 successful seasons, he's having a bad one and it's fine to point at the things the team isn't doing well. Trying to discredit Popovich's career and the way he relates with players it's absolutely stupid.

Moreover, DeRozan's problems on the court have clearly their roots on his mind. He has a very poor tolerance to frustration, which affects his decission making and concentration. You would be surprised about how many pro players have low self-steem levels, most of them are really scared about being able of meeting the expectations or not (that's where all the self-assertion body language comes from). So Popovich trying to fix his mind is probably the best way he can help DeRozan to perform at his best on the court.

And yeah, Spurs defense is terrible; I don't get why Forbes keeps starting and for sure there are some PATFO decissions I disagree with but life is still bigger than basketball.
    i'm no kid and i'm also not into adults being coddled. either suck it up and compete or find another profession and spew your zen philosophy elsewhere.

pop has a long leash and rightfully so but if your heart isn't in the game and wanting to be numero uno then it's time to hang it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is what it is. Like it or hate it, this at ude is a part of Spurs' culture, and hardly the reason the team sucks this year. Some of you guys would be quite better off as Laker fans, tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, making millions putting a ball through a hoop should squash anyone's lame depression or "bball isn't life".
    I know you probably didn't really think out this comment before posting, but it's re ed. Completely. As in, this thing you're talking about functions very differently than you think it does, and you should probably look up some information about it before commenting further.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if i was making millions my boss can be whatever as long as i am still taking millions home at the end of the yr.
    Really?

Sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is soft and washed up and so is this team. this mess has been a long time coming and is a testimony to Tim's greatness. yeah life is bigger than basketball. or any sport. no . but fans want to cheer for a winner they like. we want a coach who prioritizes winning instead of players' emotions and mindf*cking everyone. retire and enjoy philosophizing at a vineyard and let someone else drive who likes to drive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of cliff jumping, climbing back up and jumping again.

Also lots of all or nothing views, boiling or freezing. Pop is either GOAT coach or a fraud. Emotional lesbians up in here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nba is too soft these days and I guess a majority of their viewers are too. What a pity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gosh, I could have sworn it was because they lost four future HOFers - one who was in his prime and the cornerstone - in a span of 3 years!

Who thought caring about mental health issues was at fault?! Only the sleuths on ST knew the true reasoning....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easy to have a " Basketball" philosophy when you have 5 Championship rings built off Hall of Fame players. No psycho-babble can replace the desire to be great or win. That's all bull . Phil spewed his Zen approach on players & many of them said they fell asleep, tuned him out or pretty much rolled their eyes at his nonsense. These aren't kids who need an 8th grade social studies teacher or counselor to lead them. They need game managers who put them in the right positions to succeed. The Spurs are a great example that the NBA is a players' league & the teams with the most talent and compe ive players win.
    So, basically like every other team and organization you need HOF talent to win championships. Great observation!

Pop has proven to be a great leader of men and coach. His current predicament and what created it isn't an example of it being a "player's league" (it has been since the day of Bird & Magic), but of how easily a player (even a "humble, stoic" player like Nephew) can be swayed by the need for more fame, fortune and outside (of the locker room) forces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is soft and washed up and so is this team. this mess has been a long time coming and is a testimony to Tim's greatness. yeah life is bigger than basketball. or any sport. no . but fans want to cheer for a winner they like. we want a coach who prioritizes winning instead of players' emotions and mindf*cking everyone. retire and enjoy philosophizing at a vineyard and let someone else drive who likes to drive.
    The next guy up could easily be a Jaques Vaughn, Tim Floyd, Jim Boylen or Tyron Corbin level hack. Be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nba is too soft these days and I guess a majority of their viewers are too. What a pity.
    Thank goodness not a lot are as stupid and igorant as yourself, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank goodness not a lot are as stupid and igorant as yourself, though.
    you can keep calling me names and whatnot but the truth of the matter is that we all know there's more to life than bball but we all don't make millions throwing a ball through the hoop. like another poster said, "yeah life is bigger than basketball. or any sport. no . but fans want to cheer for a winner they like. we want a coach who prioritizes winning instead of players' emotions and mindf*cking everyone. retire and enjoy philosophizing at a vineyard and let someone else drive who likes to drive."

i'm not saying pop should retire but if there's no fire in his belly to win anymore then by all means sail off into the sunset.

either way, next time you want to talk about being ignorant you might want to learn how to spell it first you moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can keep calling me names and whatnot but the truth of the matter is that we all know there's more to life than bball but we all don't make millions throwing a ball through the hoop. like another poster said, "yeah life is bigger than basketball. or any sport. no . but fans want to cheer for a winner they like. we want a coach who prioritizes winning instead of players' emotions and mindf*cking everyone. retire and enjoy philosophizing at a vineyard and let someone else drive who likes to drive."

i'm not saying pop should retire but if there's no fire in his belly to win anymore then by all means sail off into the sunset.

either way, next time you want to talk about being ignorant you might want to learn how to spell it first you moron.
    I apologize english teacher, I'll make sure all my words are spelled correctly when you are downplaying mental health. I'm sure me misspelling "igorant" is a bigger problem than suicide and mental illness in general...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I apologize english teacher, I'll make sure all my words are spelled correctly when you are downplaying mental health. I'm sure me misspelling "igorant" is a bigger problem than suicide and mental illness in general...
    you think i'm down playing mental health and that's the problem here which is your "feelings"... either way, people need to suck it up and stop being a bunch of anxiety ridden softies especially on the job. either do your job or find one that caters to your issues.

coddling people isn't going to help them either way and making millions means they can seek out the best help available that the average person can't so do it off the clock.

i guess i struck a nerve with you... i'm guessing this issue hits home with you huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gosh, I could have sworn it was because they lost four future HOFers - one who was in his prime and the cornerstone - in a span of 3 years!

Who thought caring about mental health issues was at fault?! Only the sleuths on ST knew the true reasoning....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you think i'm down playing mental health and that's the problem here which is your "feelings"... either way, people need to suck it up and stop being a bunch of anxiety ridden softies especially on the job. either do your job or find one that caters to your issues.

coddling people isn't going to help them either way and making millions means they can seek out the best help available that the average person can't so do it off the clock.

i guess i struck a nerve with you... i'm guessing this issue hits home with you huh?
    Not really, just how stupid and apathetic you come across. Wealth doesn't minimize or remove stress, anxiety or self doubt. Otherwise, the Spurs would have a lot more championships; there would a lot of people not using pharmaceutical and street drugs (even wealth folks) to deal with life issues.

"Just suck it up" is the ideal of an ignorant, fool who doesn't live in reality.

Thread Information