Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I prefer “Pop Must Go!” It is broader and, therefore, more applicable to Pop’s particular situation, and the three syllable chant has a more traditional rhythm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop out!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Booing a man who led the franchise to 5 les

This would be like booing Tim when he couldn't finish layups or jump for rebounds against OKC in his final series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably trolling, but I'll ask anyway: Seriously?

Duncan led the franchise to 5 les, then retired at precisely the right time. He didn't hold the franchise hostage because of ego/stubbornness and refuse to go away when his body (or in the case of the genius, mind) failed him.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    empty arena would be better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not pay to do that. Empty seats say it all, lots of empty seats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, I've also seen a lot more negative comments towards Pop these days on there than I have before. The shift from blind faith to Pop is changing thank God.
    Pop's mad scientist lineups used to frustrate the out of me but I wasn't on the "Pop retire" bandwagon until this season. It's obvious something is just plain wrong with him this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not pay to do that. Empty seats say it all, lots of empty seats.
    Not sure the FO would put 2 and 2 together. They’d probably just think SA doesn’t support its teams and they should move the franchise.

I think pop is a media and cares greatly about how the sports media and the liberal media think of him. If the sports media finally started to consistently publicly say pops lost his touch and is hurting the franchise...I think he and the FO would finally get the message. As long as they continue to praise him, they’ll just blame the fans for the empty seats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as he's pissed me off this season, I would never be able to bring myself to chant that. Not after all the beautiful memories he helped create for us Spurs fans.

I would gladly chant "Marco sucks", "Lonnie's better", or something along those lines though. that Italian POS so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant do that to Pop. He's done too much.
    However we should be chanting "please play Lonnie" everytime Marco checks in or has the ball

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably trolling, but I'll ask anyway: Seriously?

Duncan led the franchise to 5 les, then retired at precisely the right time. He didn't hold the franchise hostage because of ego/stubbornness and refuse to go away when his body (or in the case of the genius, mind) failed him.
    Holding the franchise hostage?

They made the playoffs last season

We haven't even reached the stage where Pop is in "retirement mode" and people here want to boo him at home. If the Spurs miss the playoffs for at least 2 consecutive years, we can begin discussing whether Pop needs to step away for hurting the team.

The NBA isn't like other sports, the franchises in this league almost always treat their legends like royalty and allow them to dictate their own terms. Pop's on-court impact isn't on the same level as Duncan's(not even close), but he's arguably the face of this franchise from a historical standpoint and in the eyes of the fans and media.
    Last edited by HarlemHeat37; 12-27-2019 at 10:33 PM.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man... pop is a dinosaur now... imo he’s out of touch with what the league has become and this new age of players and coaches. He refuses to adapt and it’s getting frustrating. I admit the premise of the thread was extreme but pop this year has been awful. Again my opinion but to me it’s time for the next chapter. I don’t have any idea what he’s trying to accomplish out there at his age and game plan all together. It’s just a mess. I love Pop but it’s time. He had his time and it was glorious.

as much as I hate to agree with TD21 he is right. Duncan left at the right time. Pop is one or more years over. He refuse to let go... I hate to say it but I think the team is all he has now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    way too many braindead sniffer fans for this to ever happen. Spurs fans dont even boo their team when they're giving piss poor effort getting on in their own building they would never chant fire Pop at a home game.

that being said Pop does not deserve that. he has been the GOAT coach for many years, unfortunately father time and personal issues have caught up with him. i really think the combo of his wife passing and his big three retiring around that time + kawhi wanting out really ed him up mentally. he doesnt seem like he gives a about coaching anymore at all. i do want him to retire and just run the FO, but i dont think i could ever bring myself to boo the man or chant about firing him at a home game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather start a "play lonnie" chant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man... pop is a dinosaur now... imo he’s out of touch with what the league has become and this new age of players and coaches. He refuses to adapt and it’s getting frustrating.

as much as I hate to agree with TD21 he is right. Duncan left at the right time. Pop is one or more years over. He refuse to let go... I hate to say it but I think the team is all he has now.
    He can still stick around as long as he wants and be what Riley is in Miami. I don't want him completely gone and anybody that does is an asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be highly disrespectful of any Spurs fan to chant fire pop. He helped the Spurs win 5 NBA championships and yes Spurs are having an uphill battle this season but you can't have a perfect season all the time. Let Pop coach until he is ready to ride off on his horse into the sunset, he's earned it pretty much.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop needs to go. anything else does not solve the problem. Its like giving someone with the a disease something to cure the cough but not the actually disease and it just gets worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we should chant:
    4 MORE YEARS!
    4 MORE YEARS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If what Mo said was right about the front office having to convince Pop to coach this year, then they’re the only ones to blame. As frustrating as Pop is lately, I can’t blame him at all for checking out mentally. Basketball is a minuscule thing compared to what Pop has been going through in his personal life lately. IMO, he should retire after this season and just enjoy life with his family. And time to pass over the reigns to a hungrier, more mentally engaged coach. It’s probably gonna be a weird adjustment and a few losing seasons for a coach to take his place fully and I think even the hardcore edgelords on here will appreciate and miss Pop after he retires, but it’s a much needed change. I really hope it’s his last for his own sake.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefer “Pop Must Go!” It is broader and, therefore, more applicable to Pop’s particular situation, and the three syllable chant has a more traditional rhythm.

I would suggest "Go Pop Go!". But that arrogant would think people were cheering him.

Hey Hey, Ho Ho, CraterFace Has Got To Go ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start a Facebook or Twitter page. Get 100k people to join from all over the world and you will have forced Pop and the Spurs to take notice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was watching a special with Tom Brady and his coach Biilichick the coach was talking about going with Tom replacing his starting QB. He replied at the time to a question why he was doing it and he responded “The Owners pay me a lot of money to make decisions on what is Best For The Team - What’s Best For The Team and that is what I am going to do”.

I wish to Poop would start doing that instead of coaching and acting like this is His Team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holding the franchise hostage?

They made the playoffs last season

We haven't even reached the stage where Pop is in "retirement mode" and people here want to boo him at home. If the Spurs miss the playoffs for at least 2 consecutive years, we can begin discussing whether Pop needs to step away for hurting the team.

The NBA isn't like other sports, the franchises in this league almost always treat their legends like royalty and allow them to dictate their own terms. Pop's on-court impact isn't on the same level as Duncan's(not even close), but he's arguably the face of this franchise from a historical standpoint and in the eyes of the fans and media.
    The game has passed him by in virtually every respect, yet this franchise continues to live in the past and hurt their reputation to appease him.

So? They had no chance of doing any damage. That's fine when you're a franchise that's been on the outside for a long time and it's your first time in with your developing core. They were the an hesis of that.

We reached it 4+ seasons ago. He began to drink his own Kool-Aid following the '14 championship and completely lost touch/ignored the way the game was trending.

That's fine for legendary players, but not a coach. This franchise had no problem phasing out all of their recent greats (save Ginobili), but Mr. Get Over Yourself is above it? The fans and media are ignorant. No coach should ever be regarded as a face of the franchise and this organization should be embarrassed that anyone would even contemplate that notion.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Pop is trying to tank without actually looking like he is tanking?

Thread Information