Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    JUST A DAMN GOOD GROUP OF GUYS...REAL EFFIN PROUD TO COACH THIS EFFIN TEAM!
    I hope Jurruh Jones adopts you and hands you the reigns to the team one day imo.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Marvin Jones or Mike McCarthy?!!??

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Marvin Jones or Mike McCarthy?!!??
    Mike McFat would be a downgrade from the bot....the guy won 1 championship in a weak year with an absolutely stacked defense and outside of that has been a ty coach who costs his team games and wasted Aaron Rodgers’ prime.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    If they hire Marvin Lewis I’m legitimately bandwagoning to another team. Just shows they’re not serious about winning

replacing The Bot with The Black Bot

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    If they hire Marvin Lewis I’m legitimately bandwagoning to another team. Just shows they’re not serious about winning

That could just be them meeting the Rooney Rule quota.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

that's rooney rule, but if dak is their qb then they aren't serious about winning.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    oh yeah forget about det one

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Is the Rooney Rule just you have to interview at least 1 black guy?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Is the Rooney Rule just you have to interview at least 1 black guy?
    Yeah one minority interview and that’s it....it’s the dumbest rule ever.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah one minority interview and that’s it....it’s the dumbest rule ever.
    It is, I agree. Like you can literally call up any ex player or hoboe off the street to interview even if they don't have a snowball's chance in of getting the job.

as for the Cowboys, I don't know why they wouldn't give Kris Richard that slot though

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It is, I agree. Like you can literally call up any ex player or hoboe off the street to interview even if they don't have a snowball's chance in of getting the job.

as for the Cowboys, I don't know why they wouldn't give Kris Richard that slot though
    They probably want to keep Richard as an assistant....every time I’ve seen an assistant get a coaching interview from the team he’s already with, he gets butthurt and leaves and/or is fired by the new coach if he doesn’t get the head coaching job (ie Gregg Williams in Cleveland last year)....coaches in general are paranoid and egotistical, thus they don’t want to be looking over their shoulder at the guy who interviewed for the same job they got.

Post Count
    There is no coach that I have ever seen that is worse at clock management than Marvin Lewis. He does not do half time adjustments. Its the game plan or nothing. The Cowboys are looking at him I can guarantee you he will make you miss Garrett.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Here's a video of The Bot doing exit interviews. As much as I liked to laugh at his gaffes, gotta say this is a must listen. Very classy imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQrh_gxv6Es

Marvin Lewis's stock has gone up since leaving Cinci IMO. They looked like the worst franchise in the NFL before he got there and now they're back to that form. More importantly, he has experience dealing with a terrible owner who interferes in . He's a low-ceiling option, though, doesn't do anything special, similar to Ron Rivera. It depends whether you believe the Cowboys' problems were due to lack of discipline and structure, as opposed to scheme. Hiring the correct coordinators matters just as much anyways, look at Orgeron at LSU.

Everybody discusses Dak, Elliott and their offense, but that defense is very average.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Ah...good call.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    You know...again...not gonna get into that...not getting into it....even though I've been fired, I don't think about getting fired....just focused on the next practice....the next practice....just stacking practices on top of practices and doing what's best for the Dallas Football Cowboys organization...even if I'm not the head coach anymore I'm still gonna give you vanilla answers and still gonna focus on stacking practices on top of one another....because I'm an Ivy League ginger who's deathly afraid of confrontation and rocking the boat....rocking the boat....in other words, i'm effing delusional...

So again...I'm just worried about taking it one day at a time...even though I was fired a few days ago, I'm gonna stick my head in the sand, repeat "LALALALALALALLALA" and pretend that this is the first time I've heard of it....first time I've heard of it...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    There is no coach that I have ever seen that is worse at clock management than Marvin Lewis.
    You mean besides Andy Reid?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Marvin Lewis's stock has gone up since leaving Cinci IMO. They looked like the worst franchise in the NFL before he got there and now they're back to that form.
    The Bengals' current suckitude started after the bye week in Marvin's last season and continued into this year. His stock shouldn't be up at all. He was given plenty of talent and 16 seasons' worth of patience and couldn't win a single playoff game. For the Cowboys, hiring him is basically the same as if they brought Garrett back.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Marvin Lewis and The Bot are basically the same coach and have the same resumes. Undisciplined but talented teams that always flame out in the wild card/divisional round, no in game adjustments, can't adjust when key players are injured, terrible clock management, and untimely penalties.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys supposedly checking out Lincoln Reilly.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Marvin Lewis's stock has gone up since leaving Cinci IMO. They looked like the worst franchise in the NFL before he got there and now they're back to that form. More importantly, he has experience dealing with a terrible owner who interferes in . He's a low-ceiling option, though, doesn't do anything special, similar to Ron Rivera. It depends whether you believe the Cowboys' problems were due to lack of discipline and structure, as opposed to scheme. Hiring the correct coordinators matters just as much anyways, look at Orgeron at LSU.

Everybody discusses Dak, Elliott and their offense, but that defense is very average.
    I think Cinci was headed for a big rebuilding project either way and the timing worked out well for Lewis. Maybe he wins a few more games if he was the coach but no matter what Cinci was going to be a bottom 3 team this year imo.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    They should trade for Sean Payton. I’m done with him.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Mike McFat would be a downgrade from the bot....the guy won 1 championship in a weak year with an absolutely stacked defense and outside of that has been a ty coach who costs his team games and wasted Aaron Rodgers’ prime.
    I hated McCarthy, but he’s better than the bot. Bot is a poor mans mccarthy imo. McCarthy definitely cost us playoff games, but at least he got the team to the playoffs like he was supposed to. Garrett missed the playoffs multiple times with very capable teams imo

is it official yet?

jesus ing christ

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    The Bot fired for the fifth time today

Thread Information