Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Well, it's not the "same damn thing". Regardless of whatever science one chooses to believe or not to believe, a COVID diagnosis will be looked upon very differently than the flu.
    Science says that you're LESS likely to die of Covid than the Influenza (not common cold, but influenza) if you're under 50, and not statistically significantly higher fatality rate regardless of age.

You get sick, and, if you're in otherwise good health, as long as you stay hydrated, rest up and take your meds, you'll recover reasonably quickly. If you're really old and you already have terminal illnesses, well.. you could be in trouble. Covid, Influenza, SARS, Swine flu... etc.

Make no mistake... I'm not a "Denialist" of science and I was much more worried in Fall 2014 about the Ebola... because no matter how healthy or young you are, it kills, violently and speedily; those who survived received extremely intensive care and were very fortunate and lucky to make it. With a fatality rate over 50%, an Ebola pandemic spanning millions of cases in the country would be truly severe. But not this. This is a junior varsity high school baseball league pandemic.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Science says that you're LESS likely to die of Covid than the Influenza (not common cold, but influenza) if you're under 50, and not statistically significantly higher fatality rate regardless of age.

You get sick, and, if you're in otherwise good health, as long as you stay hydrated, rest up and take your meds, you'll recover reasonably quickly. If you're really old and you already have terminal illnesses, well.. you could be in trouble. Covid, Influenza, SARS, Swine flu... etc.

Make no mistake... I'm not a "Denialist" of science and I was much more worried in Fall 2014 about the Ebola... because no matter how healthy or young you are, it kills, violently and speedily; those who survived received extremely intensive care and were very fortunate and lucky to make it. With a fatality rate over 50%, an Ebola pandemic spanning millions of cases in the country would be truly severe. But not this. This is a junior varsity high school baseball league pandemic.
    As always, you miss the point.
    But on a side note, it would be awesome if you got Ebola.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    As always, you miss the point.
    But on a side note, it would be awesome if you got Ebola.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Herd immunity theory FTW. Let's get the NFL season started and operate stadiums at max capacity, baby.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Herd immunity theory FTW. Let's get the NFL season started and operate stadiums at max capacity, baby.
    Short of that, we can all butt your mom.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Short of that, we can all butt your mom.
    she always told me she was against anal, so that'd be a no go.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Herd immunity.

They're all under 50... 53 cases with 0 fatalities is just fine.

Think about it, the NFL season and playoffs run right through the heart of cold and flu season. Nobody cries when guys are "under the weather" for "flu-like symptoms" (sore throat, coughing, sinus congestion, etc) every November or January. They don't sit out games to "self-quarantine". They play through it like men. This is the same damn thing.
    Herd immunity only works when on a global scale.. at this rate the only way we're gonna establish herd immunity would be to have everybody willingly catch it at the same time and then go back to bury the dead

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Herd immunity only works when on a global scale.. at this rate the only way we're gonna establish herd immunity would be to have everybody willingly catch it at the same time and then go back to bury the dead
    On a national scale. No more ing shutdowns. Time to open up all entertainments, schools and everything as normals. No more masks and cowardly got like that.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    11,111 - Make a wish - Cowboys win Super Bowl

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Welp, Gerald Mccoy is out for the year now with a ruptured quad tendon

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    damn... injury happened during a basic drill where he was actually being the OL

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    damn... injury happened during a basic drill where he was actually being the OL

My theory is Antwaun Woods (the culprit) did it on purpose because he knew his job was on the line after McCarthy said the Cowboys are only going to keep 4 DTs and 6 EDGEs. 4 DTs = 4 out of 5 of McCoy, Poe, Woods, Trysten Hill (2nd round pick last year) and Neville Gallimore (3rd round pick this year). Chances are, Woods was going to be the odd man out.

6 EDGEs = DLawrence, Everson Griffen, Aldob Smith, Tyrone Crawford, Bradlee Anae (5th round pick this year), Aldon Smith and Dorance Armstrong..... if and when Gregory comes back, it's bye-bye Armstrong.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    there's nothing on purpose there... just look at the ing vid

Practice on ing GRASS artificial turf causes way to many tendon tears. SMH.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Practice on ing GRASS artificial turf causes way to many tendon tears. SMH.
    huh? quite the opposite, the Redskins home field has been criticized for years and years over their muddy/swampy natural grass field.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    yeah, mud/grass fields have more natural inconsistencies for trips/sprains... but they also have a little more give. i dont know if there have been actual studies on injury tendencies.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah, mud/grass fields have more natural inconsistencies for trips/sprains... but they also have a little more give. i dont know if there have been actual studies on injury tendencies.
    or, ya know, Nick Bosa water-sliding in the mud like a 9 year old kid

Some people conspiracize that the artificial turf has chemicals that can cause cancer, specifically lymphoma. Seems to be only that RBs and safeties that have gotten Hodgkin's lymphoma in the past decade (a good handful of OLinemen have gotten other various forms of cancer in the meantime), so maybe they're right.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    (*~* 12K Extravaganza Post *~*)

Current Team Record: 0-1

Current Dak Prescott Grade: C-

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No Tyron or La'el today at tackle. I expect the Falcons to roll in Dallas.

Love the noon home game, though. Need more of those on a year to year basis.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    CeeDee Lamb's First 100-Yard Receiving Game!!! 9/20/2020 #TheLegendBegins #88 #ThrowUpTheX

(also, the most clutch catch and big gain of the game)... this guy is a superstar in week 2 of his rookie year. What a of a draft pick.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Trade both DeMarcus Lawrence and Jaylon Smith for late round picks. Maybe even offer a late pick if they're willing to take their salary and full cap hit (including the Cowboys' "dead money" portion from the signing bonuses). At this point they are both dead weight albatross contracts for literally no production and this defense is simply embarrassing outside of Aldon Smith and Trevon Diggs.

49 points to the ing BROWNS. This is as low as it gets. Also, Mike Nolan needs to get the axe ASAP.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Maybe a hardcore 4-3 defensive team with an anemic pass rush like Seattle might think they can rejuvenate DeMarcus Lawrence's career? They have the cash, since they didn't re-sign Clowney. They also need draft capital, since they lost so much of it in the Jamal Adams trade.

How about:

Cowboys trade

DeMarcus Lawrence
    DeMarcus Lawrence's remaining signing bonus pro-ration (dead cap money)
    2021 Cowboys 3rd round pick

in exchange for

2022 Seahawks conditional 7th round pick.

Do you think the Seahawks would go for that? If I'm Jerry Jones I do that ASAP.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If Cowboys are going to commit to the 3-4, Aldon Smith and Randy Gregory are the perfect bookends. Logically. And if David Irving is indeed re-instated, I'd sign him to be the 3-tech DE. He's talented AF like Aldon Smith (except Irving is more of a KC Chris Jones type of player, always wreaking havoc from the interior and always around the ball) and can come off the couch and perform even despite the year or two he's been out of the league.

Lawrence (and Everson Griffen) really aren't fits, but Griffen can stay and play 5-tech DE or whatever since he's on a cheap one year deal.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'd flat-out cut Dontari Poe, short-term or not, since he's been fat and useless at nose tackle. Start Antwaun Woods there, and/or make David Irving the NT in the nickel similar to the Jeremiah Ratliff role in the Wade Phillips era (Ratliff averaged 10 sacks a year for 4 years from the NT role which I believe was an NFL record for 3-4 NT's).

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If I were hired as the DC with some GM ability over the defense, i'd have this defense top 10, which paired with this offense should make for a very strong contender

Thread Information