Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    their over/under is 9.5 tbh
    so take the "O" to vegas when you go see the raiders play in the preseason (if there is a preseason lol)

With all the new talent and new coaching staff with SB winning experience and moxie unlike what the last one had. I think they're overdue for another 2014 or 2016 type season. But with a better defense. Main question mark is at QB, can he win close games with the ball in his hands? Because he did in '16 and '18 but he didn't last year.

Even numbered years are good for the Cowboys.

Odd numbered years for us are usually full of BS like... Romo breaking his back and being replaced by Kyle Orton, or Romo breaking his collarbone TWICE, or Zeke getting suspended half the season for being innocent, or the coaching and special teams completely falling apart like last year, to the point where Clapper was literally throwing red flags at referees and getting flagged for that.

The only bad thing about being good in an even numbered year is that you've got to play the playoffs in an odd numbered year in January, which doesn't turn out well for us of course.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 05-14-2020 at 09:34 AM.

I don’t know why Dak is demanding to be highest paid QB it is painfully obvious that unless he has a very good line and very good running back and a good receiver group he is slightly below average. Your not going to win if your defense sucks no matter how good your offense is.

Also his agent is thinking that the cap is going to go way up in the next few years which would have been true had it not been for that pesky VIRUS.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don’t know why Dak is demanding to be highest paid QB it is painfully obvious that unless he has a very good line and very good running back and a good receiver group he is slightly below average. Your not going to win if your defense sucks no matter how good your offense is.

Also his agent is thinking that the cap is going to go way up in the next few years which would have been true had it not been for that pesky VIRUS.
    Dak and his agent played this the right way. Management gave the impression that they took him for granted and that he'd do a team friendly deal and seemed to make his deal low priority.
    So now, production wise, he's probably going to finish in the top 3 in terms of stats again. And even though he's not a top 3 QB, it will be hard to argue against in negotiations.
    Another colossal Jones screwup.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dak and his agent played this the right way. Management gave the impression that they took him for granted and that he'd do a team friendly deal and seemed to make his deal low priority.
    So now, production wise, he's probably going to finish in the top 3 in terms of stats again. And even though he's not a top 3 QB, it will be hard to argue against in negotiations.
    Another colossal Jones screwup.
    Did I miss anything? I didn't see that they paid him long term.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Did I miss anything? I didn't see that they paid him long term.
    The screwup is that they'll either have to pay him big money (which I think they will) or start over with another QB. And all the while overpaying Zeke who's going to get worse every year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The screwup is that they'll either have to pay him big money (which I think they will) or start over with another QB. And all the while overpaying Zeke who's going to get worse every year.
    Zeke contract is bad but they'll get out of it in spring 2022. I'm hoping Prescott gets the Cousins treatment (or they just trade him next offseason) and draft his replacement; or maybe Dalton shines. Or maybe Prescott goes down week 2 with an ACL and the Cowboys get to draft Trevor Lawrence. Unfortunately that possibility kind of died with the Dalton signing though. Cooper Rush was our best hope for that.

Definitely need to start over with a better QB; this guy is a Tyrod Taylor clone who only has better numbers because he's been on a very QB friendly team/roster for the past 4 years instead of being on 4 teams where most of the time he was playing he played behind atrocious OL's.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    brah, dak is going to get an extension.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    brah, dak is going to get an extension.
    when we could just get tyrod for 10 mil a year and get the same production? horse tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    when we could just get tyrod for 10 mil a year and get the same production? horse tbh
    dak is significantly better than tyrod

and i'm not asking what you want to happen, i'm telling you what's going to happen.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    dak is significantly better than tyrod

and i'm not asking what you want to happen, i'm telling you what's going to happen.
    how so? Tyrod had good numbers and a winning team the one year he had a reasonably decent o-line. Prescott has had no less than the best offensive line in football and been on a very offense-favorable team. The one time we saw him without a supreme weapon outside of Zeke was the first half of the 2018 season, and he looked atrocious then. And let's not forget when he had to play without Zeke in 2017... also ghastly.

Tyrod has been in some ty situations, where he's had no protection and minimal weapons at WR/TE, and he's always been on the hot seat as teams look for his replacement. Prescott gets to play for the most ridiculously-over-the-top loyal owner in sports, and has had arguably the best supporting cast in football the majority of his career.

Just food for thought.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    how so? Tyrod had good numbers and a winning team the one year he had a reasonably decent o-line. Prescott has had no less than the best offensive line in football and been on a very offense-favorable team. The one time we saw him without a supreme weapon outside of Zeke was the first half of the 2018 season, and he looked atrocious then. And let's not forget when he had to play without Zeke in 2017... also ghastly.

Tyrod has been in some ty situations, where he's had no protection and minimal weapons at WR/TE, and he's always been on the hot seat as teams look for his replacement. Prescott gets to play for the most ridiculously-over-the-top loyal owner in sports, and has had arguably the best supporting cast in football the majority of his career.

Just food for thought.
    cowboys had trash weapons before cooper tbh. Dez was washed by then. dak isnt an elite QB thats going to rise above a poor staff and produce, but he's a more than capable NFL QB who is pretty accurate, has a good not great arm, good athletic ability, and has been durable.

tyrod has 3 years as a starter where he was among the most conservative passing QBs in the league behind a very run heavy offense with lesean. he threw for 20 touchdowns exactly one time. tyrod isn't a terrible player, he's good enough to manage a game, but he's not really starting caliber, more of a high end backup.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Outside linebacker Aldon Smith is reinstated. Offseason keeps getting better.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This video put a smile on my face for today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHgqkUmL1l8

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Zeke strikes me as someone who wasn't going to let COVID get in the way of raves and hos.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Zeke strikes me as someone who wasn't going to let COVID get in the way of raves and hos.
    hopefully he isn't a gerontophiliac.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    hopefully he isn't a gerontophiliac.
    That would be ing awesome if that came out.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    New helmets are

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    1 1 K

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't know why everyone is talking like football is resuming I just don't see it happening

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't know why everyone is talking like football is resuming I just don't see it happening
    Every time there's a new post in this thread not made by me between now and July 15th I'll be scared that it's about news about Jerry sinking the ship by tying the team down long term to a certain very average QB.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm pretty much of the same opinion. I can't imagine multiple players on multiple teams not having to sit out. And suppose those guys get diagnosed on a Saturday. Then I would think the whole team has to be quarantined.
    Across all team sports.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm pretty much of the same opinion. I can't imagine multiple players on multiple teams not having to sit out. And suppose those guys get diagnosed on a Saturday. Then I would think the whole team has to be quarantined.
    Across all team sports.
    Herd immunity.

They're all under 50... 53 cases with 0 fatalities is just fine.

Think about it, the NFL season and playoffs run right through the heart of cold and flu season. Nobody cries when guys are "under the weather" for "flu-like symptoms" (sore throat, coughing, sinus congestion, etc) every November or January. They don't sit out games to "self-quarantine". They play through it like men. This is the same damn thing.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Herd immunity.

They're all under 50... 53 cases with 0 fatalities is just fine.

Think about it, the NFL season and playoffs run right through the heart of cold and flu season. Nobody cries when guys are "under the weather" for "flu-like symptoms" (sore throat, coughing, sinus congestion, etc) every November or January. They don't sit out games to "self-quarantine". They play through it like men. This is the same damn thing.
    Well, it's not the "same damn thing". Regardless of whatever science one chooses to believe or not to believe, a COVID diagnosis will be looked upon very differently than the flu.

Thread Information