Post Count
    5100 yds, 30 TD's, 30 picks.

Truly in a class of his own tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    5100 yds, 30 TD's, 30 picks.

Truly in a class of his own tbh.
    He's just not right in the head. It's like his brain doesn't move fast enough.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    As funny as it is to clown Jameis for the boneheaded interceptions, he has obvious talent. He might just need to pull a Steve Young and get the out of Tampa. The Bucs are a dysfunctional franchise with no real track record of developing a franchise QB.

Veteran
    Post Count
    30-30. He's the Dallas Cowboys of QBs; some talent there, but no real threat. Middle of the pack. 8-8.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    30-30. He's the Dallas Cowboys of QBs; some talent there, but no real threat. Middle of the pack. 8-8.
    Speaking of Dallas QBs... he should be the next one.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Speaking of Dallas QBs... he should be the next one.
    He can throw further than 20 yards and doesn't have a gay mustache. Instant upgrade. Better than giving Prescott Joe Flacco money for his Joe Flacco ability.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    He can throw further than 20 yards and doesn't have a gay mustache. Instant upgrade. Better than giving Prescott Joe Flacco money for his Joe Flacco ability.
    Dak wishes he had Joe Flacco ability. He's never done in the playoffs compared to Joe Bags.

Arians just straight up dropping a deuce on him

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Arians with the most savage diss of the decade

tbf, it's hard to defend a 34TD/35TO season which comes after never having more games than TOs per season..

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Arians with the most savage diss of the decade

tbf, it's hard to defend a 34TD/35TO season which comes after never having more games than TOs per season..
    LOL at the first line of the full quote. Certainly not a ringing endorsement for "he'll be back for sure".

Bucs coach Bruce Arians expects to reach a decision on Jameis Winston's future with the team in a "couple weeks."

"You look at it and there’s so much good and so much outright terrible,'' Arians said of Winston's play on Sunday evening. He was even more aggressive on Monday when asked if he could win with another quarterback. "Oh yeah. If we can win with this one, we can definitely win with another one, too." As you already know, Winston posted a 33:30 TD:INT total this season while throwing for the eighth most yards in league history (5,109). Winston's turnovers are partly a function of far more down-field aggression than most QBs, but as Arians alludes to, many more are simply the result of terrible decision-making. Anything will be possible in Tampa this offseason.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's basically the more pungent version of Romo/Rivers. He's the Brett Favre you get at dollar tree instead of tiffany's. A true gunslinger.

Veteran
    Post Count
    He's basically the more pungent version of Romo/Rivers. He's the Brett Favre you get at dollar tree instead of tiffany's. A true gunslinger.
    He's the Brett Farve you'd buy, you can say.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    As funny as it is to clown Jameis for the boneheaded interceptions, he has obvious talent. He might just need to pull a Steve Young and get the out of Tampa. The Bucs are a dysfunctional franchise with no real track record of developing a franchise QB.
    Imagine Jameis with Andy Reid or some other QB whisperer

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    LOL at the first line of the full quote. Certainly not a ringing endorsement for "he'll be back for sure".

Bucs coach Bruce Arians expects to reach a decision on Jameis Winston's future with the team in a "couple weeks."

"You look at it and there’s so much good and so much outright terrible,'' Arians said of Winston's play on Sunday evening. He was even more aggressive on Monday when asked if he could win with another quarterback. "Oh yeah. If we can win with this one, we can definitely win with another one, too." As you already know, Winston posted a 33:30 TD:INT total this season while throwing for the eighth most yards in league history (5,109). Winston's turnovers are partly a function of far more down-field aggression than most QBs, but as Arians alludes to, many more are simply the result of terrible decision-making. Anything will be possible in Tampa this offseason.
    To be fair, Arians has high standards since he has had some great QBs play for him. Kurt Warner, Carson Palmer, young Andy Luck, Peyton Manning when he was an assistant IIRC, etc.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Imagine Jameis with Andy Reid or some other QB whisperer
    Fat Reid is criminally overrated. He spent a decade with "OG Tyrod Taylor" McNabb who was never better than mediocre.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    To be fair, Arians has high standards since he has had some great QBs play for him. Kurt Warner, Carson Palmer, young Andy Luck, Peyton Manning when he was an assistant IIRC, etc.
    No doubt. But Winston is probably the worst type of QB for a coach to try to build around. The talk early in the season was that it takes time to learn Arian's offense. And that may be true but some of the ints he threw were just awful. And he's been doing it for years without improvement. I just can't see them thinking that in year 5, that will change. Especially in Arian's downfield style of O.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Plus from what I can tell he doesn’t do any really gay hip twerks during pregame warmups.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Fat Reid is criminally overrated. He spent a decade with "OG Tyrod Taylor" McNabb who was never better than mediocre.
    It’s not Andy Reid’s fault that McNabb never put down the Campbells Chunky Soup so he could get in actual NFL shape.

They were so much more talented than New England in 2004, I thought for sure New England was done...until of course when McNabb started dry heaving on the sidelines at the worst time.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It’s not Andy Reid’s fault that McNabb never put down the Campbells Chunky Soup so he could get in actual NFL shape.

They were so much more talented than New England in 2004, I thought for sure New England was done...until of course when McNabb started dry heaving on the sidelines at the worst time.
    & whose fault was it that the #1 offense laid a big fat goose egg in the biggest game of the year last january?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Plus from what I can tell he doesn’t do any really gay hip twerks during pregame warmups.
    I agree on this one. I hope the Cowboys get an offer they can't refuse (i.e. two firsts) after they tag Prescott this March.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No doubt. But Winston is probably the worst type of QB for a coach to try to build around. The talk early in the season was that it takes time to learn Arian's offense. And that may be true but some of the ints he threw were just awful. And he's been doing it for years without improvement. I just can't see them thinking that in year 5, that will change. Especially in Arian's downfield style of O.
    Especially if you're a vertical guy like Arians, wouldn't you rather have a gunslinger like Winston instead of an Alex Smith type? At least Winston gives you a chance to convert on any down and distance. Most QBs just take the checkdown and punt. I'd rather have a QB that throws at the sticks.

Winston is better than Darnold, Mayfield, Dalton, Rivers, Carr, any Denver QB, Brissett, Minshew, Foles, Trubisky, Daniel Jones, Haskins, Goff, tbh.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Yards per attempt will always trump INT's.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Winston is better than Darnold, Mayfield, Dalton, Rivers, Carr, any Denver QB, Brissett, Minshew, Foles, Trubisky, Daniel Jones, Haskins, Goff, tbh.
    Not sure about Carr. You can add Prescott, Watson and Murray though, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Especially if you're a vertical guy like Arians, wouldn't you rather have a gunslinger like Winston instead of an Alex Smith type? At least Winston gives you a chance to convert on any down and distance. Most QBs just take the checkdown and punt. I'd rather have a QB that throws at the sticks.
    I wouldn’t want to rely on Winston. You just can’t win games turning the ball over that much. One of the knocks on him early on was that he has small hands. Which lead to fumbles and some really off throws. Not sure if that’s the problem but it makes sense. That combined with awful decision making is too much to overcome and expect to win playoff games.

Thread Information