Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Church. Let's be honest if Spurs made it to 8th a sweep was coming... Rather have a pick then a sweep. I know Holt(?) family could use the infusion of playoff revenue but longterm a lottery asset means more big picture wise.
    Plus yall lost to the Cavs when you needed a win... That should wake everyone the up.
    Yessir. I mean, there were plenty of losses before this that should have woken people up. The fact that the Spurs “best” stretch of games was still barely .500 ball should have been the wake up call.

LA would absolutely embarrass SA and there is no reason this team should be a playoff team. They are flat out poorly put together and bad. Just the potential for a top 4 pick is a big deal, even if we end up with 10-14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Kings hanging with the Raptors after being down big earlier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a game away from the 13th seed. Let’s go Phoenix!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings up now late in the 4th!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings up now late in the 4th!
    Looks like they couldn't pull it off.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    My reaction to Spurs loss in OT to Cavs when seeing the box score tonight, an "OMG sigh". I saw they were up by a few points with like 3 mins left.

Playoff chances getting slimmer with every loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My reaction to Spurs loss in OT to Cavs when seeing the box score tonight, an "OMG sigh". I saw they were up by a few points with like 3 mins left.

Playoff chances getting slimmer with every loss.
    Anyone of us watching the games can say the Spurs have no chances of going to the playoffs. It started being clear some time ago, now is evident. There isn’t enough basketball nor compe ive ability in this roster. Add the injuries and the team recognizing the harsh reality lately. Coaching didn’t help and it’s part of the problem as well.

The team was incapable and now it has quit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone of us watching the games can say the Spurs have no chances of going to the playoffs. It started being clear some time ago, now is evident. There isn’t enough basketball nor compe ive ability in this roster. Add the injuries and the team recognizing the harsh reality lately. Coaching didn’t help and it’s part of the problem as well.

The team was incapable and now it has quit.
    when your two “stars” cry in jack in the box parking lots and about their touches it‘s not the least bit surprising how big a show everything is right now

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yessir. I mean, there were plenty of losses before this that should have woken people up. The fact that the Spurs “best” stretch of games was still barely .500 ball should have been the wake up call.

LA would absolutely embarrass SA and there is no reason this team should be a playoff team. They are flat out poorly put together and bad. Just the potential for a top 4 pick is a big deal, even if we end up with 10-14.
    I just posted it in another thread, but if the Spurs can overtake Phoenix for the 10th worst record, it would carry a 13.9% chance of a Top 4 pick. I'd take a Top 4 pick in a heartbeat.

I guess a lot of people who have been talking about that 8th seed for the last few weeks don't consider games in common. When you're in a race with one team, you can hope to get some help from that team losing. But when you're in a race with 4-5 teams that is a lot harder.

Memphis still has two games with the Pels. If Memphis drops both, the Spurs get closer to them - but they probably lose ground to New Orleans. The best you can hope for is a split, but that means that both teams will be .500 for those games. The Spurs were never going to be able to play .600 ball and gain enough ground to take 8th. And there was no way they were going to play .700 or .750 ball to close. The weren't mathematically eliminated, but the math said that they have been functionally out of it for a while now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I just posted it in another thread, but if the Spurs can overtake Phoenix for the 10th worst record, it would carry a 13.9% chance of a Top 4 pick. I'd take a Top 4 pick in a heartbeat.

I guess a lot of people who have been talking about that 8th seed for the last few weeks don't consider games in common. When you're in a race with one team, you can hope to get some help from that team losing. But when you're in a race with 4-5 teams that is a lot harder.

Memphis still has two games with the Pels. If Memphis drops both, the Spurs get closer to them - but they probably lose ground to New Orleans. The best you can hope for is a split, but that means that both teams will be .500 for those games. The Spurs were never going to be able to play .600 ball and gain enough ground to take 8th. And there was no way they were going to play .700 or .750 ball to close. The weren't mathematically eliminated, but the math said that they have been functionally out of it for a while now.
    Yes. And in general we just suck and don’t have the ability to go on a major win streak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Luke is gonna make it difficult on our tank with is Poop like coaching blunders.
    he's still a better coach than Flopovich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Really hoping for 10 or better. Would be great all things considered.

Spurs aren’t playing well and nothing they do vs what they say makes you take them serious regarding making the playoffs. To stand pat at the deadline after seeing what you saw screams not being serious.

And if the reason you stood pat was that no one wanted your guys? That should also tell you something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs aren’t playing well and nothing they do vs what they say makes you take them serious regarding making the playoffs. To stand pat at the deadline after seeing what you saw screams not being serious.

And if the reason you stood pat was that no one wanted your guys at the price you were asking? That should also tell you something.
    FIFY. BTW, I'm hoping the Spurs keep losing, but continue to incorporate the young guys in the lineup. Let's win the lottery Spurs!

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And if the reason you stood pat was that no one wanted your guys? That should also tell you something.

10 is doable. Washington has a brutal schedule remaining, and not a lot of interaction with the other lottery teams. Chicago is just about as bad, but they do have games against the Spurs and Phoenix. Still, it's going to be hard for the Spurs to move higher than 10. Pop would have to go full tank mode - maybe hold Aldridge and Poeltl out for the rest of the season - and give Forbes/Beli more minutes. The worst possible thing would be to push and win just enough games to get to the 14th worst record. Stuck in the middle. And Pop seems bent on doing exactly that.

You know I've said for a long time that the Spurs are in cap , and before they get out of cap they will have a bunch of young contracts that they have to renew, which won't leave them with the kind of cap space they really need to re-tool through free agency. So if they're going to be relying on new/young guys (and they obviously are), they should have had them on the floor to get the experience. I can understand fans holding out false hope for their team. But professionals should have been able to put this together before now. That's assuming they have put it together now.

I've also been saying that the longer they put off making hard choices, the harder and longer the recover would be. They really needed to commit to change before the deadline. Because the only thing worse than change is going to be staying the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 is doable. Washington has a brutal schedule remaining, and not a lot of interaction with the other lottery teams. Chicago is just about as bad, but they do have games against the Spurs and Phoenix. Still, it's going to be hard for the Spurs to move higher than 10. Pop would have to go full tank mode - maybe hold Aldridge and Poeltl out for the rest of the season - and give Forbes/Beli more minutes. The worst possible thing would be to push and win just enough games to get to the 14th worst record. Stuck in the middle. And Pop seems bent on doing exactly that.

You know I've said for a long time that the Spurs are in cap , and before they get out of cap they will have a bunch of young contracts that they have to renew, which won't leave them with the kind of cap space they really need to re-tool through free agency. So if they're going to be relying on new/young guys (and they obviously are), they should have had them on the floor to get the experience. I can understand fans holding out false hope for their team. But professionals should have been able to put this together before now. That's assuming they have put it together now.

I've also been saying that the longer they put off making hard choices, the harder and longer the recover would be. They really needed to commit to change before the deadline. Because the only thing worse than change is going to be staying the same.
    100% agree with this and prior post you have made on this topic.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The Grizzlies are expecting forward Jaren Jackson Jr. to return from an injured left knee within the next week along with Justise Winslow also making his debut with Memphis in that same time span.
    interested in how grizz are with winslow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs been doing that for ages. First it was the Parker contract, then when that was over they thought it was smart to give all that money to Pau Gasol and 50 Mills. Then when Pau was in his last year they gave Carroll 15 million and Gay another 15 per year. When those are paid off they will come up with other ways to throw the money away. This entire FO is garbage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information